There was also an accident reported on the A30 Sherborne Causeway between Cherry Orchard Lane and Lox Lane. The road has now been cleared. More details to follow.
Our traffic feed is reporting the A350 is partially blocked both ways due to an accident involving two vehicles.
The road is partially blocked on Drones Lane (Compton Abbas) and A30 Christy's Lane / B3091 Salisbury Road (Shaftesbury).
Here are the details on that crash on Old Christchurch Road...
Delays at Old Christchurch Road in Bournemouth after a collision between a car and a Yellow Bus. @Bournemouthecho http://t.co/6SZdVQZF2J— @CorinDailyEcho 04 March 2015
Old Christchurch Road is blocked due to this crash. Details to follow...
Busy on the roads around Bournemouth this morning as a result of the New Road closure in West Parley. Traffic updates here
Last winter was wettest on record, now this winter has broken record for sunshine - next year? http://t.co/ei32NEfsDB http://t.co/9srAKYEqMZ— @johncurtinEA 04 March 2015
#hotbreakfasttravel We're hearing about a broken down lorry causing delays at Canford Bottom.#callpaul #jamline 01202 57 1028— @Hot1028 04 March 2015
Love it or hate it, 10 years ago the Imax closed its doors for good. See all the pictures from the controversial site from over the years.
Slow traffic on Ringwood Road around the Bear Cross roundabout today. Impact from New Road closure.
Lighter mornings, more people on bikes. Please be aware and take care when driving or riding.— @DorsetFire 04 March 2015
Firefighters were called to smoke from a first floor flat window on Institute Road in Swanage last night. Three fire appliances from Swanage and Wareham were sent to the scene as it was reported someone was still inside the building.
A passer by had talked the occupant out of the flat prior to the arrival of the Service, so firefighters in breathing apparatus quickly tackled the fire with a hose reel and main line.
The male occupant was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
The fire, which is believed to have started accidentally when an electric heater fell over, resulted in severe fire damage to a five square metre area of flooring and smoke and heat damage to the rest of the flat.
The Pennie Davis murder trial resumes today. Yesterday a court was told the mother-of-five was killed for the "cheap price" of £1,500.
- Four-year-old girl left with head injury after dog attack
- Jailed: man caught with 22 phones in his tights after mobiles stolen during Kasabian concert
- "I just lost it. I screamed and screamed' - husband of Pennie Davis tells murder trial of finding her body
- Crash between bus and car closes part of Old Christchurch Road in Bournemouth
- WATCH: Be Robert Downey Jnr's date at the Avengers: Age of Ultron premiere - all in aid of Julia's House
- Concert to help raise funds for little Roxy’s life-changing operation
- Happy Birthday: six videos from the RNLI's 191 years
- GALLERY: The rise and fall of the Imax, 10 years after it closed its doors for good
- Mission Mars: schoolchildren link up for special lesson from NASA
- From mushy peas to fish and chips: hundreds turn out for Fry IT trade show at the BIC
Did you see Cherries win against Wolves last night? Check out all the pictures from the game
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of a horse stuck in water near Corfe Castle on Tuesday evening.
A spokesperson said: "We were alerted to reports of a horse stuck in water near Corfe Castle. An appliance and land rover from Swanage and our animal rescue teams from Poole were mobilised.
"The crews used specialist equipment and the help of a national trust tractor to lift the horse to safety."
Good morning everyone! Hope the week is going well so far.
Trending across the UK
Buy & Sell
Hi-fi speakers Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers in black finish, perfect, 3 weeks old, not suited to my home conditions. Cost £179
- Antiques and collectables (112)
- Baby, clothing and nursery equipment (25)
- Books, records, CDs, Videos and DVDs (47)
- Children's clothing, toys and games (86)
- Clothing (121)
- Computers, software, hardware and computer games (24)
Broadcasters Sky News and Channel 4 have attempted to break the logjam over televised leaders' debates in the run-up to the general election by offering to host a head-to-head clash between David Cameron and Ed Miliband on a date of the politicians' choosing.
Enjoy motorsport thrills at Beaulieu this Easter holiday 3rd-19th April, in celebration of Grand Prix Greats and Road, Race and Rally, two new motor racing exhibitions opening in the National Motor Museum.