Cherries: Seaborne deal completed, while Howe eyes swoop for Fraser and Allsop (updated)

TARGET: Aberdeen winger Ryan Fraser

LOAN MOVE: Dan Seaborne

First published in Cherries News Bournemouth Echo: Photograph of the Author by

CHERRIES have completed the loan signing of Saints defender Dan Seaborne.

The 25-year-old will remain at Dean Court until the end of the season and goes straight into Eddie Howe's squad for the trip to Walsall on Saturday.

Seaborne was an unused sub as Saints drew 2-2 at Chelsea last night and has been drafted in as defensive cover by Howe. The Barnstaple-born star can play across the back four.

Howe, meanwhile, is believed to be closing in on permanent deals for Aberdeen winger Ryan Fraser and former Leyton Orient keeper Ryan Allsop.

The Echo understands deals for the two players could be done within the next 24 hours, although Fraser is attracting interest from a host of other clubs.

Allsop left Brisbane Road on Wednesday, having turned down three contract offers from the Londoners. The 20-year-old former Millwall keeper had signed a six-month deal in July and impressed during the first half the campaign.

Fraser, meanwhile, was among the crowd at Dean Court on Tuesday night as Cherries bowed out of the FA Cup to Premier League Wigan.

Aberdeen are understood to have agreed a fee in the region of £300,000 with Cherries for the Scottish under-19 international.

The 18-year-old has played a starring role for the Dons in the Scottish Premier League this term, alerting the likes of Swansea City and Huddersfield Town as well as Cherries.

Cherries midfielder Mark Molesley, meanwhile, is understood to be a target for League Two side Exeter City.

The Grecians are believed to be keen on a permanent deal for Molesley, who returned from a loan spell at Plymouth earlier this month having made five league appearances for the Pilgrims. 

Howe has politely declined to comment on all transfer speculation during the January window.

Comments (21)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:20am Thu 17 Jan 13

_mooch_ says...

He was destined to come here being named Seaborne and all that
He was destined to come here being named Seaborne and all that _mooch_
  • Score: 0

12:44pm Thu 17 Jan 13

Afcblees says...

Let's hope it's a cheaper deal than Barnard.
Let's hope it's a cheaper deal than Barnard. Afcblees
  • Score: 0

1:42pm Thu 17 Jan 13

Afcb4life says...

Ryan Fraser would be a great signing
Ryan Fraser would be a great signing Afcb4life
  • Score: 0

2:31pm Thu 17 Jan 13

smhinto says...

Just puzzled as to why we would need another defender.??? I believe we have cover in abundance with the exception of the right back position!! I suppose that spells the end for Zubar. Unless of course Cooke is about to become guest of her Majesty soon with his court case looming and we need cover for him??
.
I also believe we may need a 'target man'. Ed does not play Demouge. Fletcher has been put out to graze. A target man will give us the option to change the play when needed.
.
Regards
Just puzzled as to why we would need another defender.??? I believe we have cover in abundance with the exception of the right back position!! I suppose that spells the end for Zubar. Unless of course Cooke is about to become guest of her Majesty soon with his court case looming and we need cover for him?? . I also believe we may need a 'target man'. Ed does not play Demouge. Fletcher has been put out to graze. A target man will give us the option to change the play when needed. . Regards smhinto
  • Score: 0

2:57pm Thu 17 Jan 13

cherrychris75 says...

Really dont understand the Seaborne one. Cook and Elphick have been superb and cant believe Seaborne will come to warm the bench. Even Addison isnt far away I believe (although I dont want him back in at minute) As for another keeper, again a strange one. I can understand Flahaven poably going and James maybe at end of season but Jalal showed his class Tuesday and is already unlucky not to be first choice.
However in Ed we trust
Really dont understand the Seaborne one. Cook and Elphick have been superb and cant believe Seaborne will come to warm the bench. Even Addison isnt far away I believe (although I dont want him back in at minute) As for another keeper, again a strange one. I can understand Flahaven poably going and James maybe at end of season but Jalal showed his class Tuesday and is already unlucky not to be first choice. However in Ed we trust cherrychris75
  • Score: 0

3:08pm Thu 17 Jan 13

TedMacsCherryPants says...

Should be able to swap Matt Ritchie for a pony & trap soon!!! UTC!
Should be able to swap Matt Ritchie for a pony & trap soon!!! UTC! TedMacsCherryPants
  • Score: 0

3:36pm Thu 17 Jan 13

Square Old Codger says...

I think that the explanation for Seabourne coming on loan is that Cook's trial is due to be held shortly, it could easily run for 2/3 weeks and who knows the outcome. Eddie and Jason are clearly building for the futute too and there will be a clear out in June.
I think that the explanation for Seabourne coming on loan is that Cook's trial is due to be held shortly, it could easily run for 2/3 weeks and who knows the outcome. Eddie and Jason are clearly building for the futute too and there will be a clear out in June. Square Old Codger
  • Score: 0

3:38pm Thu 17 Jan 13

pokesdown1 says...

Politely declined to comment.

I like it....class.
Politely declined to comment. I like it....class. pokesdown1
  • Score: 0

3:43pm Thu 17 Jan 13

Justin Otherfan says...

smhinto wrote:
Just puzzled as to why we would need another defender.??? I believe we have cover in abundance with the exception of the right back position!! I suppose that spells the end for Zubar. Unless of course Cooke is about to become guest of her Majesty soon with his court case looming and we need cover for him??
.
I also believe we may need a 'target man'. Ed does not play Demouge. Fletcher has been put out to graze. A target man will give us the option to change the play when needed.
.
Regards
I agree we could do with a target man. As a lot of other posts on other articles have stated, we are getting a lot of quality passes int the area and not posing a real threat. I think we have some real firepower up front but lack an airial threat. We could do with a striker who is strong in the air and can either score or knock the ball down to one of the strikers we already have. At present I feel our major threat comes from ground level. Fletch can fill this role for the last 10 minutes but it would be nice to have this option for 90 then the threat could be changed according to the defence they are up against. I think Pugh does a superb job on the wing and puts some quality crosses in, but someone needs to convert them. Grabban etc are stronger with the ball on the ground forcing themselves into scoring positions.
[quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: Just puzzled as to why we would need another defender.??? I believe we have cover in abundance with the exception of the right back position!! I suppose that spells the end for Zubar. Unless of course Cooke is about to become guest of her Majesty soon with his court case looming and we need cover for him?? . I also believe we may need a 'target man'. Ed does not play Demouge. Fletcher has been put out to graze. A target man will give us the option to change the play when needed. . Regards[/p][/quote]I agree we could do with a target man. As a lot of other posts on other articles have stated, we are getting a lot of quality passes int the area and not posing a real threat. I think we have some real firepower up front but lack an airial threat. We could do with a striker who is strong in the air and can either score or knock the ball down to one of the strikers we already have. At present I feel our major threat comes from ground level. Fletch can fill this role for the last 10 minutes but it would be nice to have this option for 90 then the threat could be changed according to the defence they are up against. I think Pugh does a superb job on the wing and puts some quality crosses in, but someone needs to convert them. Grabban etc are stronger with the ball on the ground forcing themselves into scoring positions. Justin Otherfan
  • Score: 0

3:57pm Thu 17 Jan 13

nonnogeppetto says...

We have already seen that some of our players perform better with those who play along side them on a regular basis. On Tuesday night it was clear that Pugh was missing and not soon he came on the game changed for the better.

If Cook is going to be missing for whatever reason the same will happen at the back so I do believe that EH is taking these matters into consideration and as it has already been pointed out, he is building for the future.

I have to say that I have no problem with whoever Eddie brings in because I am sure that he will get 100% out of them.

I guess it is 'let it snow let it snow let it snow!! thus give the lads a better chance of recuperating from two very heavy going games. UTCIAD
We have already seen that some of our players perform better with those who play along side them on a regular basis. On Tuesday night it was clear that Pugh was missing and not soon he came on the game changed for the better. If Cook is going to be missing for whatever reason the same will happen at the back so I do believe that EH is taking these matters into consideration and as it has already been pointed out, he is building for the future. I have to say that I have no problem with whoever Eddie brings in because I am sure that he will get 100% out of them. I guess it is 'let it snow let it snow let it snow!! thus give the lads a better chance of recuperating from two very heavy going games. UTCIAD nonnogeppetto
  • Score: 0

3:58pm Thu 17 Jan 13

nonnogeppetto says...

... no sooner ...
... no sooner ... nonnogeppetto
  • Score: 0

4:03pm Thu 17 Jan 13

AfcbBlues says...

Guys, let me share this with you. I do business with this chap in Aberdeen, he emailed me this earlier.

Now the real reason for the email, Bournemouth should be tried for Grand Theft for the measly 350K we are getting for him. He is a real talent and I have seen him a few times this season, you are getting the real deal. If there are any slow to medium paced full backs kicking about that league, god help them, he is really quick. I am involved at the Youth Development stage of the game up here and they tell me he was offered serious bucks to stay but still said no.

Book your seat to see him you wont be disappointed, when he gets kicked he just gets straight back up and skins them again.
Guys, let me share this with you. I do business with this chap in Aberdeen, he emailed me this earlier. Now the real reason for the email, Bournemouth should be tried for Grand Theft for the measly 350K we are getting for him. He is a real talent and I have seen him a few times this season, you are getting the real deal. If there are any slow to medium paced full backs kicking about that league, god help them, he is really quick. I am involved at the Youth Development stage of the game up here and they tell me he was offered serious bucks to stay but still said no. Book your seat to see him you wont be disappointed, when he gets kicked he just gets straight back up and skins them again. AfcbBlues
  • Score: 0

4:14pm Thu 17 Jan 13

nonnogeppetto says...

AfcbBlues wrote:
Guys, let me share this with you. I do business with this chap in Aberdeen, he emailed me this earlier. Now the real reason for the email, Bournemouth should be tried for Grand Theft for the measly 350K we are getting for him. He is a real talent and I have seen him a few times this season, you are getting the real deal. If there are any slow to medium paced full backs kicking about that league, god help them, he is really quick. I am involved at the Youth Development stage of the game up here and they tell me he was offered serious bucks to stay but still said no. Book your seat to see him you wont be disappointed, when he gets kicked he just gets straight back up and skins them again.
(from my point of you others may not be so kind!!) There is no reason why we should doubt you and what you say about Ryan so I hope he comes to us and I look forward to seeing him play.
[quote][p][bold]AfcbBlues[/bold] wrote: Guys, let me share this with you. I do business with this chap in Aberdeen, he emailed me this earlier. Now the real reason for the email, Bournemouth should be tried for Grand Theft for the measly 350K we are getting for him. He is a real talent and I have seen him a few times this season, you are getting the real deal. If there are any slow to medium paced full backs kicking about that league, god help them, he is really quick. I am involved at the Youth Development stage of the game up here and they tell me he was offered serious bucks to stay but still said no. Book your seat to see him you wont be disappointed, when he gets kicked he just gets straight back up and skins them again.[/p][/quote](from my point of you others may not be so kind!!) There is no reason why we should doubt you and what you say about Ryan so I hope he comes to us and I look forward to seeing him play. nonnogeppetto
  • Score: 0

4:16pm Thu 17 Jan 13

nonnogeppetto says...

nonnogeppetto wrote:
AfcbBlues wrote: Guys, let me share this with you. I do business with this chap in Aberdeen, he emailed me this earlier. Now the real reason for the email, Bournemouth should be tried for Grand Theft for the measly 350K we are getting for him. He is a real talent and I have seen him a few times this season, you are getting the real deal. If there are any slow to medium paced full backs kicking about that league, god help them, he is really quick. I am involved at the Youth Development stage of the game up here and they tell me he was offered serious bucks to stay but still said no. Book your seat to see him you wont be disappointed, when he gets kicked he just gets straight back up and skins them again.
(from my point of you others may not be so kind!!) There is no reason why we should doubt you and what you say about Ryan so I hope he comes to us and I look forward to seeing him play.
Just realised I may have got the wrong poster here if so my apologies
[quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AfcbBlues[/bold] wrote: Guys, let me share this with you. I do business with this chap in Aberdeen, he emailed me this earlier. Now the real reason for the email, Bournemouth should be tried for Grand Theft for the measly 350K we are getting for him. He is a real talent and I have seen him a few times this season, you are getting the real deal. If there are any slow to medium paced full backs kicking about that league, god help them, he is really quick. I am involved at the Youth Development stage of the game up here and they tell me he was offered serious bucks to stay but still said no. Book your seat to see him you wont be disappointed, when he gets kicked he just gets straight back up and skins them again.[/p][/quote](from my point of you others may not be so kind!!) There is no reason why we should doubt you and what you say about Ryan so I hope he comes to us and I look forward to seeing him play.[/p][/quote]Just realised I may have got the wrong poster here if so my apologies nonnogeppetto
  • Score: 0

4:24pm Thu 17 Jan 13

Deejaycee says...

nonnogeppetto wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
AfcbBlues wrote: Guys, let me share this with you. I do business with this chap in Aberdeen, he emailed me this earlier. Now the real reason for the email, Bournemouth should be tried for Grand Theft for the measly 350K we are getting for him. He is a real talent and I have seen him a few times this season, you are getting the real deal. If there are any slow to medium paced full backs kicking about that league, god help them, he is really quick. I am involved at the Youth Development stage of the game up here and they tell me he was offered serious bucks to stay but still said no. Book your seat to see him you wont be disappointed, when he gets kicked he just gets straight back up and skins them again.
(from my point of you others may not be so kind!!) There is no reason why we should doubt you and what you say about Ryan so I hope he comes to us and I look forward to seeing him play.
Just realised I may have got the wrong poster here if so my apologies
Do you mean, "point of view".
[quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AfcbBlues[/bold] wrote: Guys, let me share this with you. I do business with this chap in Aberdeen, he emailed me this earlier. Now the real reason for the email, Bournemouth should be tried for Grand Theft for the measly 350K we are getting for him. He is a real talent and I have seen him a few times this season, you are getting the real deal. If there are any slow to medium paced full backs kicking about that league, god help them, he is really quick. I am involved at the Youth Development stage of the game up here and they tell me he was offered serious bucks to stay but still said no. Book your seat to see him you wont be disappointed, when he gets kicked he just gets straight back up and skins them again.[/p][/quote](from my point of you others may not be so kind!!) There is no reason why we should doubt you and what you say about Ryan so I hope he comes to us and I look forward to seeing him play.[/p][/quote]Just realised I may have got the wrong poster here if so my apologies[/p][/quote]Do you mean, "point of view". Deejaycee
  • Score: 0

4:36pm Thu 17 Jan 13

nonnogeppetto says...

Deejaycee wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
AfcbBlues wrote: Guys, let me share this with you. I do business with this chap in Aberdeen, he emailed me this earlier. Now the real reason for the email, Bournemouth should be tried for Grand Theft for the measly 350K we are getting for him. He is a real talent and I have seen him a few times this season, you are getting the real deal. If there are any slow to medium paced full backs kicking about that league, god help them, he is really quick. I am involved at the Youth Development stage of the game up here and they tell me he was offered serious bucks to stay but still said no. Book your seat to see him you wont be disappointed, when he gets kicked he just gets straight back up and skins them again.
(from my point of you others may not be so kind!!) There is no reason why we should doubt you and what you say about Ryan so I hope he comes to us and I look forward to seeing him play.
Just realised I may have got the wrong poster here if so my apologies
Do you mean, "point of view".
sorry typing too quickly and head above the clouds!! Senior moment!!
[quote][p][bold]Deejaycee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AfcbBlues[/bold] wrote: Guys, let me share this with you. I do business with this chap in Aberdeen, he emailed me this earlier. Now the real reason for the email, Bournemouth should be tried for Grand Theft for the measly 350K we are getting for him. He is a real talent and I have seen him a few times this season, you are getting the real deal. If there are any slow to medium paced full backs kicking about that league, god help them, he is really quick. I am involved at the Youth Development stage of the game up here and they tell me he was offered serious bucks to stay but still said no. Book your seat to see him you wont be disappointed, when he gets kicked he just gets straight back up and skins them again.[/p][/quote](from my point of you others may not be so kind!!) There is no reason why we should doubt you and what you say about Ryan so I hope he comes to us and I look forward to seeing him play.[/p][/quote]Just realised I may have got the wrong poster here if so my apologies[/p][/quote]Do you mean, "point of view".[/p][/quote]sorry typing too quickly and head above the clouds!! Senior moment!! nonnogeppetto
  • Score: 0

5:07pm Thu 17 Jan 13

boyerboy says...

Think our beloved leader is toying with the idea of a 2-9 formation...two goalies and nine up front- soon , i hope we will be scaring other teams just with our line up....two q.u.a.l.i.t.y. wingers and goals from nigh on any position...wow.
Think our beloved leader is toying with the idea of a 2-9 formation...two goalies and nine up front- soon , i hope we will be scaring other teams just with our line up....two q.u.a.l.i.t.y. wingers and goals from nigh on any position...wow. boyerboy
  • Score: 0

7:14pm Thu 17 Jan 13

mossy 1 says...

As I understand Steve Cook`s trial starts on 21st and is expected to last three weeks,so obviously he will be unavailable for training or playing until verdict.
As I write local news say we have agreed deal for Ryan Fraser but has only featured in a couple of games this season,which seems to condradict what AfcbBlues`business contact says,but having said that other sources seem to agree that he does have a special talent.
As I understand Steve Cook`s trial starts on 21st and is expected to last three weeks,so obviously he will be unavailable for training or playing until verdict. As I write local news say we have agreed deal for Ryan Fraser but has only featured in a couple of games this season,which seems to condradict what AfcbBlues`business contact says,but having said that other sources seem to agree that he does have a special talent. mossy 1
  • Score: 0

11:13pm Thu 17 Jan 13

Afcbpete says...

nonnogeppetto wrote:
Deejaycee wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
AfcbBlues wrote: Guys, let me share this with you. I do business with this chap in Aberdeen, he emailed me this earlier. Now the real reason for the email, Bournemouth should be tried for Grand Theft for the measly 350K we are getting for him. He is a real talent and I have seen him a few times this season, you are getting the real deal. If there are any slow to medium paced full backs kicking about that league, god help them, he is really quick. I am involved at the Youth Development stage of the game up here and they tell me he was offered serious bucks to stay but still said no. Book your seat to see him you wont be disappointed, when he gets kicked he just gets straight back up and skins them again.
(from my point of you others may not be so kind!!) There is no reason why we should doubt you and what you say about Ryan so I hope he comes to us and I look forward to seeing him play.
Just realised I may have got the wrong poster here if so my apologies
Do you mean, "point of view".
sorry typing too quickly and head above the clouds!! Senior moment!!
Nonno, are you on the same medication as SOC LOL.... Mossy.. Fraser has played over 20 1st team games, he won The Player of the Month for Sept and Oct in 2012, from what I've read from over the boarder the locals are far from happy. Craig Brown has nearly lost all the hair he had left. I'm REALLY excited at this lad signing and watching him grace DC... UTCIAD
[quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Deejaycee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AfcbBlues[/bold] wrote: Guys, let me share this with you. I do business with this chap in Aberdeen, he emailed me this earlier. Now the real reason for the email, Bournemouth should be tried for Grand Theft for the measly 350K we are getting for him. He is a real talent and I have seen him a few times this season, you are getting the real deal. If there are any slow to medium paced full backs kicking about that league, god help them, he is really quick. I am involved at the Youth Development stage of the game up here and they tell me he was offered serious bucks to stay but still said no. Book your seat to see him you wont be disappointed, when he gets kicked he just gets straight back up and skins them again.[/p][/quote](from my point of you others may not be so kind!!) There is no reason why we should doubt you and what you say about Ryan so I hope he comes to us and I look forward to seeing him play.[/p][/quote]Just realised I may have got the wrong poster here if so my apologies[/p][/quote]Do you mean, "point of view".[/p][/quote]sorry typing too quickly and head above the clouds!! Senior moment!![/p][/quote]Nonno, are you on the same medication as SOC LOL.... Mossy.. Fraser has played over 20 1st team games, he won The Player of the Month for Sept and Oct in 2012, from what I've read from over the boarder the locals are far from happy. Craig Brown has nearly lost all the hair he had left. I'm REALLY excited at this lad signing and watching him grace DC... UTCIAD Afcbpete
  • Score: 0

10:56am Fri 18 Jan 13

bobsworthforever says...

Afcb4life wrote:
Ryan Fraser would be a great signing
How do you know that, not many Scots playing in the Premiership lately not good enough .Still a lot cheaper than Mr Ritchie lets hope hes alright Wouldnt beleive a word the Sweaty ocks say about him.Hope the goalie signs seems OK
[quote][p][bold]Afcb4life[/bold] wrote: Ryan Fraser would be a great signing[/p][/quote]How do you know that, not many Scots playing in the Premiership lately not good enough .Still a lot cheaper than Mr Ritchie lets hope hes alright Wouldnt beleive a word the Sweaty ocks say about him.Hope the goalie signs seems OK bobsworthforever
  • Score: 0

1:05pm Fri 18 Jan 13

ledsabbath says...

bobsworthforever wrote:
Afcb4life wrote:
Ryan Fraser would be a great signing
How do you know that, not many Scots playing in the Premiership lately not good enough .Still a lot cheaper than Mr Ritchie lets hope hes alright Wouldnt beleive a word the Sweaty ocks say about him.Hope the goalie signs seems OK
Not many Scot's playing in the premiership?

Caldwell, Berra, Maloney, s.fletcher, d.fletcher, bannan, Morrison, Dorrans, fox, MacArthur, McCarthy, Naismith, Whittaker, Russell, Adam.......

all of these players play regularly for their country and for their club. You Sir are a complete fool.

Plus the 30 that play in the championship.
[quote][p][bold]bobsworthforever[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Afcb4life[/bold] wrote: Ryan Fraser would be a great signing[/p][/quote]How do you know that, not many Scots playing in the Premiership lately not good enough .Still a lot cheaper than Mr Ritchie lets hope hes alright Wouldnt beleive a word the Sweaty ocks say about him.Hope the goalie signs seems OK[/p][/quote]Not many Scot's playing in the premiership? Caldwell, Berra, Maloney, s.fletcher, d.fletcher, bannan, Morrison, Dorrans, fox, MacArthur, McCarthy, Naismith, Whittaker, Russell, Adam....... all of these players play regularly for their country and for their club. You Sir are a complete fool. Plus the 30 that play in the championship. ledsabbath
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree