ANDERTON'S FAIRYTALE FINISH

DARREN Anderton capped his swansong with a fairytale winner as Cherries chalked up a 1-0 victory over 10-man Chester City.

The former England star raised the roof at Dean Court when he netted with a stunning volley to seal the points just two minutes from time.

It was a fitting send-off for Anderton who this week announced his decision to hang up his boots after an illustrious 18-year career.

Anderton’s memorable clincher came just minutes after City had been reduced to 10 men following the dismissal of Tony Dinning.

Retiring Anderton was again forced to settle for a place on the bench as Jimmy Quinn named an unchanged starting line-up following Cherries’ 3-3 draw at Luton.

A largely uneventful start saw the two sides trade a solitary shot apiece during the opening 12 minutes, with efforts from Ryan Lowe and Lee Bradbury both flashing wide.

Sean Kelly’s timely interception denied Matt Tubbs an opening after Bradbury had flicked on Jason Pearce’s 18th-minute cross. Proceedings almost burst to life when Josh McQuoid unleashed a fierce right-foot drive, only for his piledriver to be charged down by City defender Paul Linwood.

James Vaughan then had his name taken for a foul on Tubbs before Cherries went mightily close to opening the scoring from the resultant free kick.

Delivered into the danger zone by Danny Hollands, Bradbury nodded a gilt-edged opportunity over the crossbar after Pearce had provided the assist.

And as City looked for a riposte, Anthony Barry’s low drive was comfortably saved by Shwan Jalal, the Cherries goalkeeper tested for the first time midway through the opening period.

John Danby, Jalal’s opposite number, was almost wrong footed after Danny Hollands’s speculative 25-yarder had taken a wicked deflection.

But the alert Chester goalkeeper managed to right himself at the last second, saving with his outstretched leg as he dived the opposite way.

As an instantly forgettable first 45 minutes drew to a close, Danby plucked Shaun Cooper’s clipped effort from beneath the crossbar.

Mark Hughes hooked the first chance of the second half wide after Lowe’s free kick had only been half cleared by the Cherries defence.

City looked far from convincing as Cherries forced a flurry of corners, the third of which saw Pearce head over from McQuoid’s delivery.

The loudest cheer of the day greeted the arrival of Anderton, the former England international replacing Joel Ward just 11 minutes after the break.

Anderton, however, was unable to immediately stamp his class on proceedings as the contest continued to provide little in the way of entertainment.

And the visitors went close to profiting after Anderton’s 64th-minute pass had been cut out, with Lowe firing narrowly wide following a swift counter attack.

Anderton then provided fellow substitute Brett Pitman with an assist, the young striker’s firm header at the far post hacked away by Linwood.

Pitman’s appeal for a penalty then fell on deaf ears after he had taken a tumble under a challenge from the impressive Linwood 15 minutes from time.

Jalal smothered a Kevin Roberts header before the visitors were reduced to 10 men when substitute Tony Dinning received a straight red card for elbowing Hollands.

And from the resultant free kick, Anderton’s venomous strike whistled inches past the upright, with some Cherries supporters convinced the ball had squeezed inside the post.

There was little doubt just minutes later though when Anderton’s class told as Cherries finally broke the deadlock in the closing stages.

The 36-year-old was on hand to dispatch a stunning volley past Danby from around 20 yards after Mark Molesley’s cross had found him lurking just outside the 18-yard box.

Cherries (4-1-4-1): Jalal; Ward (Anderton, 56), Guyett, Pearce, Garry; Cooper; Tubbs (Pitman, 71), Hollands, McQuoid, Molesley; Bradbury (Symes, 79).

Unused subs: Cummings, Pryce (g/k).

Booked: Cooper, Pitman.

Chester City (4-4-2): Danby; J Vaughan, Kelly, Linwood, Roberts; Rule (Dinning, 64), Barry, Hughes, Wilson; Lowe, McManus (Partridge, 55).

Unused subs: Rutherford, Mitchell, Platt.

Booked: Vaughan, Wilson.

Sent off: Dinning.

Referee: James Linnington (Newport, Isle of Wight).

Comments (42)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:06pm Sat 6 Dec 08

jonnieP says...

Well done Anderton and team a well deserved win only 7 points behind Grimsby and Rotherham all we need is a good run over xmas and we really have a good chance to stay in the league.Thank you Dazza.
Well done Anderton and team a well deserved win only 7 points behind Grimsby and Rotherham all we need is a good run over xmas and we really have a good chance to stay in the league.Thank you Dazza. jonnieP

5:25pm Sat 6 Dec 08

ned flanders says...

Well done darren!!!!

Quality player,what an ambassador for the game.

GREAT STUFF!!!

From a Pompey Fan living locally.
Well done darren!!!! Quality player,what an ambassador for the game. GREAT STUFF!!! From a Pompey Fan living locally. ned flanders

5:26pm Sat 6 Dec 08

nonnogeppetto says...

Great goal to finish one's football career. You deserved it Darren. I am sorry to say that the rest of the match was dull and lot missing but three points are always welcome regardless how badly we play. I do hope that the result will encourage the rest of the team and go on from here.
Great goal to finish one's football career. You deserved it Darren. I am sorry to say that the rest of the match was dull and lot missing but three points are always welcome regardless how badly we play. I do hope that the result will encourage the rest of the team and go on from here. nonnogeppetto

5:31pm Sat 6 Dec 08

dc addict says...

All those people on here that were knocking Anderton should think again. I've said all along we would miss him and boy o boy did we miss him in the 1st half. We were clueless and would never have scored. As soon as he came on we looked a different side and we started to open them up. He really deserved that goal. Who wrote that script!
We must improve again if we're to get anything out of Rochdale. They are a good side.
All those people on here that were knocking Anderton should think again. I've said all along we would miss him and boy o boy did we miss him in the 1st half. We were clueless and would never have scored. As soon as he came on we looked a different side and we started to open them up. He really deserved that goal. Who wrote that script! We must improve again if we're to get anything out of Rochdale. They are a good side. dc addict

5:32pm Sat 6 Dec 08

Tom Griffiths says...

Made my day, three points and Darren gets the winner.Well done the team, now we have a real chance in playing "Catch up" which we can all (hopefully) enjoy. "Happy Christmas" Darren, you have given us all a a great deal of pleasure.
Made my day, three points and Darren gets the winner.Well done the team, now we have a real chance in playing "Catch up" which we can all (hopefully) enjoy. "Happy Christmas" Darren, you have given us all a a great deal of pleasure. Tom Griffiths

5:41pm Sat 6 Dec 08

tomclark says...

Absolutly fantastic from Darren Anderton! Well done! Been a pleasure to watch you from start to finish. Thank you x
Absolutly fantastic from Darren Anderton! Well done! Been a pleasure to watch you from start to finish. Thank you x tomclark

5:41pm Sat 6 Dec 08

wookj1 says...

I love you Darren.
I love you Darren. wookj1

5:53pm Sat 6 Dec 08

Julian1964 says...

dc addict wrote:
All those people on here that were knocking Anderton should think again. I've said all along we would miss him and boy o boy did we miss him in the 1st half. We were clueless and would never have scored. As soon as he came on we looked a different side and we started to open them up. He really deserved that goal. Who wrote that script!
We must improve again if we're to get anything out of Rochdale. They are a good side.
Maybe he would not have left,if we had been higher up,due to being in the postion we are,its a case of sailing into the sunset and good bye to Bournemouth,one minute or lot slag him off and next minute you all lick his ****!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]dc addict[/bold] wrote: All those people on here that were knocking Anderton should think again. I've said all along we would miss him and boy o boy did we miss him in the 1st half. We were clueless and would never have scored. As soon as he came on we looked a different side and we started to open them up. He really deserved that goal. Who wrote that script! We must improve again if we're to get anything out of Rochdale. They are a good side.[/p][/quote]Maybe he would not have left,if we had been higher up,due to being in the postion we are,its a case of sailing into the sunset and good bye to Bournemouth,one minute or lot slag him off and next minute you all lick his ****!!!!! Julian1964

6:25pm Sat 6 Dec 08

Goodlegs says...

Darren really pleased you scored in your last game and really pleased you secured 3 points. The day was spoilt only by the fact you have also kept Quinn in a job. The very reason for your premature departure.
Darren really pleased you scored in your last game and really pleased you secured 3 points. The day was spoilt only by the fact you have also kept Quinn in a job. The very reason for your premature departure. Goodlegs

6:26pm Sat 6 Dec 08

lymocherry says...

Well done Dazza, great way to sign off your career, now it's over to the younger players to see what they have. We are 7 points from safety now, not something we thought we would be after our recent form so let's hope we can chase those points down and be out of the bottom two and in the third round of the cup by January, oh and some of us never slagged of Darren and are sad to see him go!!!
Well done Dazza, great way to sign off your career, now it's over to the younger players to see what they have. We are 7 points from safety now, not something we thought we would be after our recent form so let's hope we can chase those points down and be out of the bottom two and in the third round of the cup by January, oh and some of us never slagged of Darren and are sad to see him go!!! lymocherry

7:25pm Sat 6 Dec 08

Cherryfan says...

Looks like our cr*p tactics and style have driven you away Darren. Sorry to to lose the only player with any vision which won't fit in with Mr Quinn's game plans. Great goal glad to be there for his first and last.
Looks like our cr*p tactics and style have driven you away Darren. Sorry to to lose the only player with any vision which won't fit in with Mr Quinn's game plans. Great goal glad to be there for his first and last. Cherryfan

7:48pm Sat 6 Dec 08

wookj1 says...

Three priceless points today.If we can get some momentum going a few back to back wins will really make Grimsby and Rotherham feel the heat.
All those slagging off Mr Quinn should remember that he came in after the transfer deadline had passed, and has had to work exclusively with Bond's squad plus a few Loan signings.
Rome was not built in a day, yet we now have gained more points than matches played. We are only seven points behind Grimsby...why are you all moaning.
Get behind the manager and team. The time to criticise or praise is at the end of the season.
If we stay up after the huge points penalty we received that is good enough for me.

Anderton would have been an ideal super sub to come on with 30 minutes left when legs are tiring.He could control the game if we were leading, or help us chase the game if we needed to. Perhaps he felt that this was not a role he wanted. He could certainly have lasted the rest of the season in that capacity.
Its down to the youngsters now, plus a few new signings during January. I believe they will come up with the goods.


Three priceless points today.If we can get some momentum going a few back to back wins will really make Grimsby and Rotherham feel the heat. All those slagging off Mr Quinn should remember that he came in after the transfer deadline had passed, and has had to work exclusively with Bond's squad plus a few Loan signings. Rome was not built in a day, yet we now have gained more points than matches played. We are only seven points behind Grimsby...why are you all moaning. Get behind the manager and team. The time to criticise or praise is at the end of the season. If we stay up after the huge points penalty we received that is good enough for me. Anderton would have been an ideal super sub to come on with 30 minutes left when legs are tiring.He could control the game if we were leading, or help us chase the game if we needed to. Perhaps he felt that this was not a role he wanted. He could certainly have lasted the rest of the season in that capacity. Its down to the youngsters now, plus a few new signings during January. I believe they will come up with the goods. wookj1

7:49pm Sat 6 Dec 08

dc addict says...

Julian 1964 Somerset, can I suggest that you are sober when you make comments on this board. It may help.
On another tack, has Mr Meldrew, sorry, Mr Meldrum been sacked? That can be the only reason for his silence since last weekend. If he hasn't, why no clarification? If he has, perhaps the Sports editor should go as well.
Julian 1964 Somerset, can I suggest that you are sober when you make comments on this board. It may help. On another tack, has Mr Meldrew, sorry, Mr Meldrum been sacked? That can be the only reason for his silence since last weekend. If he hasn't, why no clarification? If he has, perhaps the Sports editor should go as well. dc addict

10:55pm Sat 6 Dec 08

cooperman says...

Good game !! - was it really ,umm take away the goal and it was rubbish .why do you all grasp at straws on here ,,, with Anderton gone it would appear we have nothing left,if you have to drag on the oldest relic the team has got to score a goal that isnt really progress. I dont think you want to be dusting off your bibs and tuckers just yet - there is a mountain to climb,make no mistake
Good game !! - was it really ,umm take away the goal and it was rubbish .why do you all grasp at straws on here ,,, with Anderton gone it would appear we have nothing left,if you have to drag on the oldest relic the team has got to score a goal that isnt really progress. I dont think you want to be dusting off your bibs and tuckers just yet - there is a mountain to climb,make no mistake cooperman

10:59pm Sat 6 Dec 08

Paul supporter says...

What a way to retire, with a good goal from Anderton to win the game. Hopefully this will inspire some of the other players to try and SMASH that ball in the back of net!

I think some of the players to day were having an off day, and it was lucky Anderton was there to bail them out. So hopefully next game some of those off players will be: "More on the Ball" as Anderton wont be there to do that again!!!
What a way to retire, with a good goal from Anderton to win the game. Hopefully this will inspire some of the other players to try and SMASH that ball in the back of net! I think some of the players to day were having an off day, and it was lucky Anderton was there to bail them out. So hopefully next game some of those off players will be: "More on the Ball" as Anderton wont be there to do that again!!! Paul supporter

11:07pm Sat 6 Dec 08

mark.s says...

Well done Darren, legend. Fairytale stuff indeed.

I do worry about the rest of our squad, the poor tactics, lack of ability, but for tonight let us pay tribute to a fantastic player and a fantastic goal today.
Well done Darren, legend. Fairytale stuff indeed. I do worry about the rest of our squad, the poor tactics, lack of ability, but for tonight let us pay tribute to a fantastic player and a fantastic goal today. mark.s

11:47pm Sat 6 Dec 08

Julian1964 says...

dc addict wrote:
Julian 1964 Somerset, can I suggest that you are sober when you make comments on this board. It may help.
On another tack, has Mr Meldrew, sorry, Mr Meldrum been sacked? That can be the only reason for his silence since last weekend. If he hasn't, why no clarification? If he has, perhaps the Sports editor should go as well.
I was sober mate so dont take the ****!!1As i said one minute everyone was saying what a waste of space Darren Anderton was and now everyone is trying to lick his boots to put it more friendly..Darren did do justice today and full credit to him for his excellent goal which has given the club a lifeline to now build upon,but he was not upto his standard compare to last season and his time for retirement was coming but i feel he was given a helping hand to leave!!!!
[quote][p][bold]dc addict[/bold] wrote: Julian 1964 Somerset, can I suggest that you are sober when you make comments on this board. It may help. On another tack, has Mr Meldrew, sorry, Mr Meldrum been sacked? That can be the only reason for his silence since last weekend. If he hasn't, why no clarification? If he has, perhaps the Sports editor should go as well. [/p][/quote]I was sober mate so dont take the ****!!1As i said one minute everyone was saying what a waste of space Darren Anderton was and now everyone is trying to lick his boots to put it more friendly..Darren did do justice today and full credit to him for his excellent goal which has given the club a lifeline to now build upon,but he was not upto his standard compare to last season and his time for retirement was coming but i feel he was given a helping hand to leave!!!! Julian1964

11:50pm Sat 6 Dec 08

redboob says...

you`re a legend darren - such a shame quinn`s football stopped you enjoying the game any longer.

pleased with the 3 points at last but we were heading for yet another turgid 0-0 without darren`s late intervention. i fear for the team now the one passer of the ball has departed whilst all everyone else is being coached is to hoof.

THE WORST FOOTBALL SEEN AT DEAN COURT FOR MANY YEARS. QUINNDALL`S `TACTICS` ARE SHAMEFUL.

wasn`t one of the reasons given for bond`s sacking was that he only played one up front at home?? `have a right good do at them` eh jimmy, blah blah blah yet again.
you`re a legend darren - such a shame quinn`s football stopped you enjoying the game any longer. pleased with the 3 points at last but we were heading for yet another turgid 0-0 without darren`s late intervention. i fear for the team now the one passer of the ball has departed whilst all everyone else is being coached is to hoof. THE WORST FOOTBALL SEEN AT DEAN COURT FOR MANY YEARS. QUINNDALL`S `TACTICS` ARE SHAMEFUL. wasn`t one of the reasons given for bond`s sacking was that he only played one up front at home?? `have a right good do at them` eh jimmy, blah blah blah yet again. redboob

5:43am Sun 7 Dec 08

fieldymex says...

darren has been great for us. cooperman have you lost the plot again. you slag him off then you praise him. either a journalist or a **** , or both
darren has been great for us. cooperman have you lost the plot again. you slag him off then you praise him. either a journalist or a **** , or both fieldymex

8:36am Sun 7 Dec 08

cooperman says...

fieldymex wrote:
darren has been great for us. cooperman have you lost the plot again. you slag him off then you praise him. either a journalist or a **** , or both
Not at all I was trying to evaluate what weve got left after the apparently wonderful Anderton has gone.frankly he hasnt been any sort of guiding light up to this point in the season and doesnt HE know it.thats why hes jumped - no player ever got fed up of football,however football gets fed up of certain footballers who cant do it like they used to. he may have been good once and he got the right shot yesterday ,but HERO ... I dont think so . just remember where we are in the league and how we are failing to produce the goods this season - reality check time
[quote][p][bold]fieldymex[/bold] wrote: darren has been great for us. cooperman have you lost the plot again. you slag him off then you praise him. either a journalist or a **** , or both[/p][/quote]Not at all I was trying to evaluate what weve got left after the apparently wonderful Anderton has gone.frankly he hasnt been any sort of guiding light up to this point in the season and doesnt HE know it.thats why hes jumped - no player ever got fed up of football,however football gets fed up of certain footballers who cant do it like they used to. he may have been good once and he got the right shot yesterday ,but HERO ... I dont think so . just remember where we are in the league and how we are failing to produce the goods this season - reality check time cooperman

8:45am Sun 7 Dec 08

dc addict says...

Julian1964 wrote:
dc addict wrote: Julian 1964 Somerset, can I suggest that you are sober when you make comments on this board. It may help. On another tack, has Mr Meldrew, sorry, Mr Meldrum been sacked? That can be the only reason for his silence since last weekend. If he hasn't, why no clarification? If he has, perhaps the Sports editor should go as well.
I was sober mate so dont take the ****!!1As i said one minute everyone was saying what a waste of space Darren Anderton was and now everyone is trying to lick his boots to put it more friendly..Darren did do justice today and full credit to him for his excellent goal which has given the club a lifeline to now build upon,but he was not upto his standard compare to last season and his time for retirement was coming but i feel he was given a helping hand to leave!!!!
Apologies to you. It was probably me who was ****ed.
Anderton retired because he's sick of the long ball hoofing. His ever increasing frustration was plain to see.
We definately play better football away from Dean Court. Chester parked the bus like most of them do here and we just didn't have the guile to break them down.
Is Symes injured? He was so slow yesterday. If that was his normal pace, no wonder Shrewsbury don't want him. Why are we paying for Symes when we could have Fletch who is certainly no slower and 5 times as good in the air. For that matter, what has Symes got that Goulding hasn't?
[quote][p][bold]Julian1964[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dc addict[/bold] wrote: Julian 1964 Somerset, can I suggest that you are sober when you make comments on this board. It may help. On another tack, has Mr Meldrew, sorry, Mr Meldrum been sacked? That can be the only reason for his silence since last weekend. If he hasn't, why no clarification? If he has, perhaps the Sports editor should go as well. [/p][/quote]I was sober mate so dont take the ****!!1As i said one minute everyone was saying what a waste of space Darren Anderton was and now everyone is trying to lick his boots to put it more friendly..Darren did do justice today and full credit to him for his excellent goal which has given the club a lifeline to now build upon,but he was not upto his standard compare to last season and his time for retirement was coming but i feel he was given a helping hand to leave!!!![/p][/quote]Apologies to you. It was probably me who was ****ed. Anderton retired because he's sick of the long ball hoofing. His ever increasing frustration was plain to see. We definately play better football away from Dean Court. Chester parked the bus like most of them do here and we just didn't have the guile to break them down. Is Symes injured? He was so slow yesterday. If that was his normal pace, no wonder Shrewsbury don't want him. Why are we paying for Symes when we could have Fletch who is certainly no slower and 5 times as good in the air. For that matter, what has Symes got that Goulding hasn't? dc addict

9:36am Sun 7 Dec 08

cooperman says...

dc addict,i cant help wondering why you keep putting Fletcher in the frame - he WONT be coming here and if he did theres no guarentee that he would play well here. individuals dont win games its about teams and how they are structured ,currently cherries are just rubbish - by the law of averages they will get lucky sometimes but we cant live past glories
dc addict,i cant help wondering why you keep putting Fletcher in the frame - he WONT be coming here and if he did theres no guarentee that he would play well here. individuals dont win games its about teams and how they are structured ,currently cherries are just rubbish - by the law of averages they will get lucky sometimes but we cant live past glories cooperman

9:41am Sun 7 Dec 08

Square Old Codger says...

Cherryfan wrote:
Looks like our cr*p tactics and style have driven you away Darren. Sorry to to lose the only player with any vision which won't fit in with Mr Quinn's game plans. Great goal glad to be there for his first and last.
Entirely agree, with the one player of class gone,the only one able to open up defensive sides cant see them bridging the gap and avoiding going out of the League. Quinn hasn't a clue and the "football" his sides produce isn't worth watching - so the decline will continue.
[quote][p][bold]Cherryfan[/bold] wrote: Looks like our cr*p tactics and style have driven you away Darren. Sorry to to lose the only player with any vision which won't fit in with Mr Quinn's game plans. Great goal glad to be there for his first and last. [/p][/quote]Entirely agree, with the one player of class gone,the only one able to open up defensive sides cant see them bridging the gap and avoiding going out of the League. Quinn hasn't a clue and the "football" his sides produce isn't worth watching - so the decline will continue. Square Old Codger

10:23am Sun 7 Dec 08

plastic says...

All those slagging off Mr Quinn

for his poor tacticts and lack of guts to play attacking football have got it right.

Hoofball, no thanks. Time for a vow of silence till your team deliver on the pitch, Mr Quinn.
All those slagging off Mr Quinn for his poor tacticts and lack of guts to play attacking football have got it right. Hoofball, no thanks. Time for a vow of silence till your team deliver on the pitch, Mr Quinn. plastic

10:37am Sun 7 Dec 08

dc addict says...

Fair comment Cooperman. What I will say is that he went one season too soon but what's done is done. I was merely using him as a yardstick, whose abilities we are all familiar with, to compare with Symes and for that matter,the recently departed Rankine. The fact is, we still need, in this league, someone to do a "Fletcher job". What's more, Connell can't do that - he needs someone to play off. January is a crucial month and we desperately need to beat Blyth to get some spending money.
Fair comment Cooperman. What I will say is that he went one season too soon but what's done is done. I was merely using him as a yardstick, whose abilities we are all familiar with, to compare with Symes and for that matter,the recently departed Rankine. The fact is, we still need, in this league, someone to do a "Fletcher job". What's more, Connell can't do that - he needs someone to play off. January is a crucial month and we desperately need to beat Blyth to get some spending money. dc addict

12:02pm Sun 7 Dec 08

djd says...

Well done Dazza,
As for The Cherries, what will life be like after 'Dazza' ??? I wish you well, but !!!!!!
Well done Dazza, As for The Cherries, what will life be like after 'Dazza' ??? I wish you well, but !!!!!! djd

2:35pm Sun 7 Dec 08

chris68 says...

Well done Darren and thank you but one man does not make a team. Whilst i was on the cherries live echo blog yesterday because i could not make the game, every time i asked what was happening about the proposed takeover my question never got through and was not answered.Maybe someone could tell me what the latest news is concerning this.
Well done Darren and thank you but one man does not make a team. Whilst i was on the cherries live echo blog yesterday because i could not make the game, every time i asked what was happening about the proposed takeover my question never got through and was not answered.Maybe someone could tell me what the latest news is concerning this. chris68

4:57pm Sun 7 Dec 08

lymocherry says...

Julian1964 wrote:
dc addict wrote:
Julian 1964 Somerset, can I suggest that you are sober when you make comments on this board. It may help.
On another tack, has Mr Meldrew, sorry, Mr Meldrum been sacked? That can be the only reason for his silence since last weekend. If he hasn't, why no clarification? If he has, perhaps the Sports editor should go as well.
I was sober mate so dont take the ****!!1As i said one minute everyone was saying what a waste of space Darren Anderton was and now everyone is trying to lick his boots to put it more friendly..Darren did do justice today and full credit to him for his excellent goal which has given the club a lifeline to now build upon,but he was not upto his standard compare to last season and his time for retirement was coming but i feel he was given a helping hand to leave!!!!
Again you are wrong!!! Everyone was not slagging him off just a small minority, you should be in politics with your wild generalizations.
[quote][p][bold]Julian1964[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dc addict[/bold] wrote: Julian 1964 Somerset, can I suggest that you are sober when you make comments on this board. It may help. On another tack, has Mr Meldrew, sorry, Mr Meldrum been sacked? That can be the only reason for his silence since last weekend. If he hasn't, why no clarification? If he has, perhaps the Sports editor should go as well. [/p][/quote]I was sober mate so dont take the ****!!1As i said one minute everyone was saying what a waste of space Darren Anderton was and now everyone is trying to lick his boots to put it more friendly..Darren did do justice today and full credit to him for his excellent goal which has given the club a lifeline to now build upon,but he was not upto his standard compare to last season and his time for retirement was coming but i feel he was given a helping hand to leave!!!![/p][/quote]Again you are wrong!!! Everyone was not slagging him off just a small minority, you should be in politics with your wild generalizations. lymocherry

5:02pm Sun 7 Dec 08

lymocherry says...

cooperman wrote:
fieldymex wrote:
darren has been great for us. cooperman have you lost the plot again. you slag him off then you praise him. either a journalist or a **** , or both
Not at all I was trying to evaluate what weve got left after the apparently wonderful Anderton has gone.frankly he hasnt been any sort of guiding light up to this point in the season and doesnt HE know it.thats why hes jumped - no player ever got fed up of football,however football gets fed up of certain footballers who cant do it like they used to. he may have been good once and he got the right shot yesterday ,but HERO ... I dont think so . just remember where we are in the league and how we are failing to produce the goods this season - reality check time
Funny how some people see things, Anderton for me was one of the only players who has given 100% in every game this season, I have lost count the number of times he has turned to players to get them going when they have been lazy or under performing. As for our position, if it's been such a bad season then how come we are now only 7 points from safety, ok things haven't been great but I would have settled for that in August, so let's try and get behind the team rather than slag them off and we might just get those 7 points in no time, also if you look back at our luck in 2 or 3 games we could very well have been above both Grimsby and Rotherham by now, so don't be so quick to knock the team, I do question some peoples idea of support at times.
[quote][p][bold]cooperman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fieldymex[/bold] wrote: darren has been great for us. cooperman have you lost the plot again. you slag him off then you praise him. either a journalist or a **** , or both[/p][/quote]Not at all I was trying to evaluate what weve got left after the apparently wonderful Anderton has gone.frankly he hasnt been any sort of guiding light up to this point in the season and doesnt HE know it.thats why hes jumped - no player ever got fed up of football,however football gets fed up of certain footballers who cant do it like they used to. he may have been good once and he got the right shot yesterday ,but HERO ... I dont think so . just remember where we are in the league and how we are failing to produce the goods this season - reality check time [/p][/quote]Funny how some people see things, Anderton for me was one of the only players who has given 100% in every game this season, I have lost count the number of times he has turned to players to get them going when they have been lazy or under performing. As for our position, if it's been such a bad season then how come we are now only 7 points from safety, ok things haven't been great but I would have settled for that in August, so let's try and get behind the team rather than slag them off and we might just get those 7 points in no time, also if you look back at our luck in 2 or 3 games we could very well have been above both Grimsby and Rotherham by now, so don't be so quick to knock the team, I do question some peoples idea of support at times. lymocherry

6:30pm Sun 7 Dec 08

cooperman says...

sorry lymocherry but supporting a team is one thing ,ignoring the obvious is something very different and ignoring the problems for the sake of it is just sweeping it all under the carpet . its all very well to say that ,had we started on level points we would be up the table but that is pure hypothasis ,you cant over-lay one thing on another just because it looks better,if only .... if only my dad had breasts he could have been my mother - results are what matter.we started down on points and realistically we are a long way from moving up the table we cannot assume that we are better than any of the other teams in this league because we havent proved it, havent performed well ,dont yet deserve a result ... we mustnt support blindly because the disapointment hangs heavy when the results dont come - this team has to earn respect from its paying supporters by delivering the goods ,football is just a consumer product and if it is not up to scratch we have to punish the supplier,they dont have a god-given right to our money. I do not personally believe that Quinn is worthy of the job and should go.can the team ,as is,be made to work ?? i dont know but change it must
sorry lymocherry but supporting a team is one thing ,ignoring the obvious is something very different and ignoring the problems for the sake of it is just sweeping it all under the carpet . its all very well to say that ,had we started on level points we would be up the table but that is pure hypothasis ,you cant over-lay one thing on another just because it looks better,if only .... if only my dad had breasts he could have been my mother - results are what matter.we started down on points and realistically we are a long way from moving up the table we cannot assume that we are better than any of the other teams in this league because we havent proved it, havent performed well ,dont yet deserve a result ... we mustnt support blindly because the disapointment hangs heavy when the results dont come - this team has to earn respect from its paying supporters by delivering the goods ,football is just a consumer product and if it is not up to scratch we have to punish the supplier,they dont have a god-given right to our money. I do not personally believe that Quinn is worthy of the job and should go.can the team ,as is,be made to work ?? i dont know but change it must cooperman

7:00pm Sun 7 Dec 08

Julian1964 says...

lymocherry wrote:
Julian1964 wrote:
dc addict wrote:
Julian 1964 Somerset, can I suggest that you are sober when you make comments on this board. It may help.
On another tack, has Mr Meldrew, sorry, Mr Meldrum been sacked? That can be the only reason for his silence since last weekend. If he hasn't, why no clarification? If he has, perhaps the Sports editor should go as well.
I was sober mate so dont take the ****!!1As i said one minute everyone was saying what a waste of space Darren Anderton was and now everyone is trying to lick his boots to put it more friendly..Darren did do justice today and full credit to him for his excellent goal which has given the club a lifeline to now build upon,but he was not upto his standard compare to last season and his time for retirement was coming but i feel he was given a helping hand to leave!!!!
Again you are wrong!!! Everyone was not slagging him off just a small minority, you should be in politics with your wild generalizations.
Maybe i should gather all the the evidence and then we can see all the pass comments which had been thrown at DARREN Anderton before he decided to call it aday.
[quote][p][bold]lymocherry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Julian1964[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dc addict[/bold] wrote: Julian 1964 Somerset, can I suggest that you are sober when you make comments on this board. It may help. On another tack, has Mr Meldrew, sorry, Mr Meldrum been sacked? That can be the only reason for his silence since last weekend. If he hasn't, why no clarification? If he has, perhaps the Sports editor should go as well. [/p][/quote]I was sober mate so dont take the ****!!1As i said one minute everyone was saying what a waste of space Darren Anderton was and now everyone is trying to lick his boots to put it more friendly..Darren did do justice today and full credit to him for his excellent goal which has given the club a lifeline to now build upon,but he was not upto his standard compare to last season and his time for retirement was coming but i feel he was given a helping hand to leave!!!![/p][/quote]Again you are wrong!!! Everyone was not slagging him off just a small minority, you should be in politics with your wild generalizations.[/p][/quote]Maybe i should gather all the the evidence and then we can see all the pass comments which had been thrown at DARREN Anderton before he decided to call it aday. Julian1964

8:44pm Sun 7 Dec 08

Luffbracherry says...

redboob wrote:
you`re a legend darren - such a shame quinn`s football stopped you enjoying the game any longer. pleased with the 3 points at last but we were heading for yet another turgid 0-0 without darren`s late intervention. i fear for the team now the one passer of the ball has departed whilst all everyone else is being coached is to hoof. THE WORST FOOTBALL SEEN AT DEAN COURT FOR MANY YEARS. QUINNDALL`S `TACTICS` ARE SHAMEFUL. wasn`t one of the reasons given for bond`s sacking was that he only played one up front at home?? `have a right good do at them` eh jimmy, blah blah blah yet again.
National newspaper reports today described the Chester game as 'dire'- until Anderton took the field to produce a great passing display

With Darren's departure we have lost what little quality we had in the team

I would like to think that the performance against Luton and the much needed three points against another poor side might be a turning point - but somehow I doubt it
A good performance at Rochdale and convincing win against a team second from bottom in the BLUE SQUARE NORTH might change my opinion
[quote][p][bold]redboob[/bold] wrote: you`re a legend darren - such a shame quinn`s football stopped you enjoying the game any longer. pleased with the 3 points at last but we were heading for yet another turgid 0-0 without darren`s late intervention. i fear for the team now the one passer of the ball has departed whilst all everyone else is being coached is to hoof. THE WORST FOOTBALL SEEN AT DEAN COURT FOR MANY YEARS. QUINNDALL`S `TACTICS` ARE SHAMEFUL. wasn`t one of the reasons given for bond`s sacking was that he only played one up front at home?? `have a right good do at them` eh jimmy, blah blah blah yet again.[/p][/quote]National newspaper reports today described the Chester game as 'dire'- until Anderton took the field to produce a great passing display With Darren's departure we have lost what little quality we had in the team I would like to think that the performance against Luton and the much needed three points against another poor side might be a turning point - but somehow I doubt it A good performance at Rochdale and convincing win against a team second from bottom in the BLUE SQUARE NORTH might change my opinion Luffbracherry

7:13am Mon 8 Dec 08

flyingleaper says...

ANDERTON BACK OF THE NET-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,1
00% again Darren,thanks matie.-AAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ANDERTON BACK OF THE NET-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,1 00% again Darren,thanks matie.-AAAAAAAAAAHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH flyingleaper

8:52am Mon 8 Dec 08

lymocherry says...

cooperman wrote:
sorry lymocherry but supporting a team is one thing ,ignoring the obvious is something very different and ignoring the problems for the sake of it is just sweeping it all under the carpet . its all very well to say that ,had we started on level points we would be up the table but that is pure hypothasis ,you cant over-lay one thing on another just because it looks better,if only .... if only my dad had breasts he could have been my mother - results are what matter.we started down on points and realistically we are a long way from moving up the table we cannot assume that we are better than any of the other teams in this league because we havent proved it, havent performed well ,dont yet deserve a result ... we mustnt support blindly because the disapointment hangs heavy when the results dont come - this team has to earn respect from its paying supporters by delivering the goods ,football is just a consumer product and if it is not up to scratch we have to punish the supplier,they dont have a god-given right to our money. I do not personally believe that Quinn is worthy of the job and should go.can the team ,as is,be made to work ?? i dont know but change it must
Who is ignoring anything? why is it the only argument negative people have is the one where anyone who supports the side when things are hard are doing so blindly? I am aware of the problems at the club the same as everyone else but with the club in the state it is I don't expect it to all happen overnight and I certainly don't say things like look where we would be if we hadn't had the points deducted. Truth is we have what we have and if we are to get the best out of the players we wont do so unless we support them and show them we want them to win, as for your Dad having breasts he wouldn't be your Mum he'd just be fat. There have been games this season when the team has played well, how quickly you forget, and the best results came just after Quinn too over and there was a positive feel about the place, so positive works!!
Also why can't we think about moving up the table, we have had a less than satisfactory start to the season and are only 7 points from safety, think what we can do if there is a positive run of results. We all feel unhappy when we lose it's very easy to then have a go at the team anyone can do that, much more loyal to support the team despite the problems surely, it doesn't mean we are ignoring them, and to say the team are just a consumer product for me says you don't understand football and it's supporters at all, I sure as eggs is eggs don't think of the club in that way, they are part of who I am and any real fan will feel the same. As for Quinn, how can you judge him on someone else's team, the same team that couldn't win under that boss, at least he is getting results with these players, so he has to be given his chance, trouble is with fans like you is you expect it all to happen straight away, why? we do not have the finances or the squad of players to be what you want, sometimes you have to accept that and try to get the best from what you do have, do you really think knocking the side is the answer? So please don't assume that those of us who want to encourage the team and try to be optimistic in this hard time for the club are doing so blindly, we are not OK!!
[quote][p][bold]cooperman[/bold] wrote: sorry lymocherry but supporting a team is one thing ,ignoring the obvious is something very different and ignoring the problems for the sake of it is just sweeping it all under the carpet . its all very well to say that ,had we started on level points we would be up the table but that is pure hypothasis ,you cant over-lay one thing on another just because it looks better,if only .... if only my dad had breasts he could have been my mother - results are what matter.we started down on points and realistically we are a long way from moving up the table we cannot assume that we are better than any of the other teams in this league because we havent proved it, havent performed well ,dont yet deserve a result ... we mustnt support blindly because the disapointment hangs heavy when the results dont come - this team has to earn respect from its paying supporters by delivering the goods ,football is just a consumer product and if it is not up to scratch we have to punish the supplier,they dont have a god-given right to our money. I do not personally believe that Quinn is worthy of the job and should go.can the team ,as is,be made to work ?? i dont know but change it must[/p][/quote]Who is ignoring anything? why is it the only argument negative people have is the one where anyone who supports the side when things are hard are doing so blindly? I am aware of the problems at the club the same as everyone else but with the club in the state it is I don't expect it to all happen overnight and I certainly don't say things like look where we would be if we hadn't had the points deducted. Truth is we have what we have and if we are to get the best out of the players we wont do so unless we support them and show them we want them to win, as for your Dad having breasts he wouldn't be your Mum he'd just be fat. There have been games this season when the team has played well, how quickly you forget, and the best results came just after Quinn too over and there was a positive feel about the place, so positive works!! Also why can't we think about moving up the table, we have had a less than satisfactory start to the season and are only 7 points from safety, think what we can do if there is a positive run of results. We all feel unhappy when we lose it's very easy to then have a go at the team anyone can do that, much more loyal to support the team despite the problems surely, it doesn't mean we are ignoring them, and to say the team are just a consumer product for me says you don't understand football and it's supporters at all, I sure as eggs is eggs don't think of the club in that way, they are part of who I am and any real fan will feel the same. As for Quinn, how can you judge him on someone else's team, the same team that couldn't win under that boss, at least he is getting results with these players, so he has to be given his chance, trouble is with fans like you is you expect it all to happen straight away, why? we do not have the finances or the squad of players to be what you want, sometimes you have to accept that and try to get the best from what you do have, do you really think knocking the side is the answer? So please don't assume that those of us who want to encourage the team and try to be optimistic in this hard time for the club are doing so blindly, we are not OK!! lymocherry

1:40pm Mon 8 Dec 08

Julian1964 says...

lymocherry wrote:
cooperman wrote:
sorry lymocherry but supporting a team is one thing ,ignoring the obvious is something very different and ignoring the problems for the sake of it is just sweeping it all under the carpet . its all very well to say that ,had we started on level points we would be up the table but that is pure hypothasis ,you cant over-lay one thing on another just because it looks better,if only .... if only my dad had breasts he could have been my mother - results are what matter.we started down on points and realistically we are a long way from moving up the table we cannot assume that we are better than any of the other teams in this league because we havent proved it, havent performed well ,dont yet deserve a result ... we mustnt support blindly because the disapointment hangs heavy when the results dont come - this team has to earn respect from its paying supporters by delivering the goods ,football is just a consumer product and if it is not up to scratch we have to punish the supplier,they dont have a god-given right to our money. I do not personally believe that Quinn is worthy of the job and should go.can the team ,as is,be made to work ?? i dont know but change it must
Who is ignoring anything? why is it the only argument negative people have is the one where anyone who supports the side when things are hard are doing so blindly? I am aware of the problems at the club the same as everyone else but with the club in the state it is I don't expect it to all happen overnight and I certainly don't say things like look where we would be if we hadn't had the points deducted. Truth is we have what we have and if we are to get the best out of the players we wont do so unless we support them and show them we want them to win, as for your Dad having breasts he wouldn't be your Mum he'd just be fat. There have been games this season when the team has played well, how quickly you forget, and the best results came just after Quinn too over and there was a positive feel about the place, so positive works!!
Also why can't we think about moving up the table, we have had a less than satisfactory start to the season and are only 7 points from safety, think what we can do if there is a positive run of results. We all feel unhappy when we lose it's very easy to then have a go at the team anyone can do that, much more loyal to support the team despite the problems surely, it doesn't mean we are ignoring them, and to say the team are just a consumer product for me says you don't understand football and it's supporters at all, I sure as eggs is eggs don't think of the club in that way, they are part of who I am and any real fan will feel the same. As for Quinn, how can you judge him on someone else's team, the same team that couldn't win under that boss, at least he is getting results with these players, so he has to be given his chance, trouble is with fans like you is you expect it all to happen straight away, why? we do not have the finances or the squad of players to be what you want, sometimes you have to accept that and try to get the best from what you do have, do you really think knocking the side is the answer? So please don't assume that those of us who want to encourage the team and try to be optimistic in this hard time for the club are doing so blindly, we are not OK!!
I fully support cooperman,ok really we need to ask,what has QUINN done for AFC Bournemouth since becoming manager???O he won us a few games with the high profile of beating Bradford then Darlington at home.Sorry you cant count the 3-0 win against Bristol Rovers in the JPT because QUINN was not in the dug house on that occasion,it was Pat who produce the goods.Since Quinn has been in charge he has won us only 7 games lost 6 games and drew 7 games,on those that we lost and drew to me should have been the most important games in the need to get away from the 17 point deduction zone and then be able to chase the other teams,the way i see things now is we may have left it to late and the damage has been done,ok even though we 7 points from safety,we still have a massive climb,we have Luton who are playing really well and Grimsby will not give in even if their are having a bad time.I have supported the club for a long time but recently the players have shown no passion at all by not taken how seriously! things are!!!Give me a pay packet like the players have,and i be out fighting tooth and nail for the club,if QUINN had been a manager in another club,he would have been sacked by now,no questions asked?
We are in a dire situration because the club have been themselves in that postion with the admin problems and all the poor management to go along with it.I hope and really do hope that we stay up,but i personally feel that this league is to strong for afc Bournemouth and if their can prove us wrong,then i will continue to give the club my backing but only once the results start coming in more and new players are bought in which is much needed.
[quote][p][bold]lymocherry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cooperman[/bold] wrote: sorry lymocherry but supporting a team is one thing ,ignoring the obvious is something very different and ignoring the problems for the sake of it is just sweeping it all under the carpet . its all very well to say that ,had we started on level points we would be up the table but that is pure hypothasis ,you cant over-lay one thing on another just because it looks better,if only .... if only my dad had breasts he could have been my mother - results are what matter.we started down on points and realistically we are a long way from moving up the table we cannot assume that we are better than any of the other teams in this league because we havent proved it, havent performed well ,dont yet deserve a result ... we mustnt support blindly because the disapointment hangs heavy when the results dont come - this team has to earn respect from its paying supporters by delivering the goods ,football is just a consumer product and if it is not up to scratch we have to punish the supplier,they dont have a god-given right to our money. I do not personally believe that Quinn is worthy of the job and should go.can the team ,as is,be made to work ?? i dont know but change it must[/p][/quote]Who is ignoring anything? why is it the only argument negative people have is the one where anyone who supports the side when things are hard are doing so blindly? I am aware of the problems at the club the same as everyone else but with the club in the state it is I don't expect it to all happen overnight and I certainly don't say things like look where we would be if we hadn't had the points deducted. Truth is we have what we have and if we are to get the best out of the players we wont do so unless we support them and show them we want them to win, as for your Dad having breasts he wouldn't be your Mum he'd just be fat. There have been games this season when the team has played well, how quickly you forget, and the best results came just after Quinn too over and there was a positive feel about the place, so positive works!! Also why can't we think about moving up the table, we have had a less than satisfactory start to the season and are only 7 points from safety, think what we can do if there is a positive run of results. We all feel unhappy when we lose it's very easy to then have a go at the team anyone can do that, much more loyal to support the team despite the problems surely, it doesn't mean we are ignoring them, and to say the team are just a consumer product for me says you don't understand football and it's supporters at all, I sure as eggs is eggs don't think of the club in that way, they are part of who I am and any real fan will feel the same. As for Quinn, how can you judge him on someone else's team, the same team that couldn't win under that boss, at least he is getting results with these players, so he has to be given his chance, trouble is with fans like you is you expect it all to happen straight away, why? we do not have the finances or the squad of players to be what you want, sometimes you have to accept that and try to get the best from what you do have, do you really think knocking the side is the answer? So please don't assume that those of us who want to encourage the team and try to be optimistic in this hard time for the club are doing so blindly, we are not OK!![/p][/quote]I fully support cooperman,ok really we need to ask,what has QUINN done for AFC Bournemouth since becoming manager???O he won us a few games with the high profile of beating Bradford then Darlington at home.Sorry you cant count the 3-0 win against Bristol Rovers in the JPT because QUINN was not in the dug house on that occasion,it was Pat who produce the goods.Since Quinn has been in charge he has won us only 7 games lost 6 games and drew 7 games,on those that we lost and drew to me should have been the most important games in the need to get away from the 17 point deduction zone and then be able to chase the other teams,the way i see things now is we may have left it to late and the damage has been done,ok even though we 7 points from safety,we still have a massive climb,we have Luton who are playing really well and Grimsby will not give in even if their are having a bad time.I have supported the club for a long time but recently the players have shown no passion at all by not taken how seriously! things are!!!Give me a pay packet like the players have,and i be out fighting tooth and nail for the club,if QUINN had been a manager in another club,he would have been sacked by now,no questions asked? We are in a dire situration because the club have been themselves in that postion with the admin problems and all the poor management to go along with it.I hope and really do hope that we stay up,but i personally feel that this league is to strong for afc Bournemouth and if their can prove us wrong,then i will continue to give the club my backing but only once the results start coming in more and new players are bought in which is much needed. Julian1964

2:48pm Mon 8 Dec 08

Julian1964 says...

Does nobody else feel let down by the lame excuse for bowing out Anderton is citing??
He is our captain - we are second bottom of the league and fighting for our league survival and Mr Anderton states that he feels a bit tired and it's hard to keep training!!! I don't know why we all feel like we should thank him for gracing us with his presence at Bournemouth, we took a big risk on a player who doesn't have a great record of turning up and now when the going has got tough, Sicknote signs himself off for life. Thanks Capt.
Does nobody else feel let down by the lame excuse for bowing out Anderton is citing?? He is our captain - we are second bottom of the league and fighting for our league survival and Mr Anderton states that he feels a bit tired and it's hard to keep training!!! I don't know why we all feel like we should thank him for gracing us with his presence at Bournemouth, we took a big risk on a player who doesn't have a great record of turning up and now when the going has got tough, Sicknote signs himself off for life. Thanks Capt. Julian1964

7:09pm Mon 8 Dec 08

lymocherry says...

Julian1964 wrote:
lymocherry wrote:
cooperman wrote:
sorry lymocherry but supporting a team is one thing ,ignoring the obvious is something very different and ignoring the problems for the sake of it is just sweeping it all under the carpet . its all very well to say that ,had we started on level points we would be up the table but that is pure hypothasis ,you cant over-lay one thing on another just because it looks better,if only .... if only my dad had breasts he could have been my mother - results are what matter.we started down on points and realistically we are a long way from moving up the table we cannot assume that we are better than any of the other teams in this league because we havent proved it, havent performed well ,dont yet deserve a result ... we mustnt support blindly because the disapointment hangs heavy when the results dont come - this team has to earn respect from its paying supporters by delivering the goods ,football is just a consumer product and if it is not up to scratch we have to punish the supplier,they dont have a god-given right to our money. I do not personally believe that Quinn is worthy of the job and should go.can the team ,as is,be made to work ?? i dont know but change it must
Who is ignoring anything? why is it the only argument negative people have is the one where anyone who supports the side when things are hard are doing so blindly? I am aware of the problems at the club the same as everyone else but with the club in the state it is I don't expect it to all happen overnight and I certainly don't say things like look where we would be if we hadn't had the points deducted. Truth is we have what we have and if we are to get the best out of the players we wont do so unless we support them and show them we want them to win, as for your Dad having breasts he wouldn't be your Mum he'd just be fat. There have been games this season when the team has played well, how quickly you forget, and the best results came just after Quinn too over and there was a positive feel about the place, so positive works!!
Also why can't we think about moving up the table, we have had a less than satisfactory start to the season and are only 7 points from safety, think what we can do if there is a positive run of results. We all feel unhappy when we lose it's very easy to then have a go at the team anyone can do that, much more loyal to support the team despite the problems surely, it doesn't mean we are ignoring them, and to say the team are just a consumer product for me says you don't understand football and it's supporters at all, I sure as eggs is eggs don't think of the club in that way, they are part of who I am and any real fan will feel the same. As for Quinn, how can you judge him on someone else's team, the same team that couldn't win under that boss, at least he is getting results with these players, so he has to be given his chance, trouble is with fans like you is you expect it all to happen straight away, why? we do not have the finances or the squad of players to be what you want, sometimes you have to accept that and try to get the best from what you do have, do you really think knocking the side is the answer? So please don't assume that those of us who want to encourage the team and try to be optimistic in this hard time for the club are doing so blindly, we are not OK!!
I fully support cooperman,ok really we need to ask,what has QUINN done for AFC Bournemouth since becoming manager???O he won us a few games with the high profile of beating Bradford then Darlington at home.Sorry you cant count the 3-0 win against Bristol Rovers in the JPT because QUINN was not in the dug house on that occasion,it was Pat who produce the goods.Since Quinn has been in charge he has won us only 7 games lost 6 games and drew 7 games,on those that we lost and drew to me should have been the most important games in the need to get away from the 17 point deduction zone and then be able to chase the other teams,the way i see things now is we may have left it to late and the damage has been done,ok even though we 7 points from safety,we still have a massive climb,we have Luton who are playing really well and Grimsby will not give in even if their are having a bad time.I have supported the club for a long time but recently the players have shown no passion at all by not taken how seriously! things are!!!Give me a pay packet like the players have,and i be out fighting tooth and nail for the club,if QUINN had been a manager in another club,he would have been sacked by now,no questions asked?
We are in a dire situration because the club have been themselves in that postion with the admin problems and all the poor management to go along with it.I hope and really do hope that we stay up,but i personally feel that this league is to strong for afc Bournemouth and if their can prove us wrong,then i will continue to give the club my backing but only once the results start coming in more and new players are bought in which is much needed.
Why not ask what has AFCB done for Quinn since taking over!!
[quote][p][bold]Julian1964[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lymocherry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cooperman[/bold] wrote: sorry lymocherry but supporting a team is one thing ,ignoring the obvious is something very different and ignoring the problems for the sake of it is just sweeping it all under the carpet . its all very well to say that ,had we started on level points we would be up the table but that is pure hypothasis ,you cant over-lay one thing on another just because it looks better,if only .... if only my dad had breasts he could have been my mother - results are what matter.we started down on points and realistically we are a long way from moving up the table we cannot assume that we are better than any of the other teams in this league because we havent proved it, havent performed well ,dont yet deserve a result ... we mustnt support blindly because the disapointment hangs heavy when the results dont come - this team has to earn respect from its paying supporters by delivering the goods ,football is just a consumer product and if it is not up to scratch we have to punish the supplier,they dont have a god-given right to our money. I do not personally believe that Quinn is worthy of the job and should go.can the team ,as is,be made to work ?? i dont know but change it must[/p][/quote]Who is ignoring anything? why is it the only argument negative people have is the one where anyone who supports the side when things are hard are doing so blindly? I am aware of the problems at the club the same as everyone else but with the club in the state it is I don't expect it to all happen overnight and I certainly don't say things like look where we would be if we hadn't had the points deducted. Truth is we have what we have and if we are to get the best out of the players we wont do so unless we support them and show them we want them to win, as for your Dad having breasts he wouldn't be your Mum he'd just be fat. There have been games this season when the team has played well, how quickly you forget, and the best results came just after Quinn too over and there was a positive feel about the place, so positive works!! Also why can't we think about moving up the table, we have had a less than satisfactory start to the season and are only 7 points from safety, think what we can do if there is a positive run of results. We all feel unhappy when we lose it's very easy to then have a go at the team anyone can do that, much more loyal to support the team despite the problems surely, it doesn't mean we are ignoring them, and to say the team are just a consumer product for me says you don't understand football and it's supporters at all, I sure as eggs is eggs don't think of the club in that way, they are part of who I am and any real fan will feel the same. As for Quinn, how can you judge him on someone else's team, the same team that couldn't win under that boss, at least he is getting results with these players, so he has to be given his chance, trouble is with fans like you is you expect it all to happen straight away, why? we do not have the finances or the squad of players to be what you want, sometimes you have to accept that and try to get the best from what you do have, do you really think knocking the side is the answer? So please don't assume that those of us who want to encourage the team and try to be optimistic in this hard time for the club are doing so blindly, we are not OK!![/p][/quote]I fully support cooperman,ok really we need to ask,what has QUINN done for AFC Bournemouth since becoming manager???O he won us a few games with the high profile of beating Bradford then Darlington at home.Sorry you cant count the 3-0 win against Bristol Rovers in the JPT because QUINN was not in the dug house on that occasion,it was Pat who produce the goods.Since Quinn has been in charge he has won us only 7 games lost 6 games and drew 7 games,on those that we lost and drew to me should have been the most important games in the need to get away from the 17 point deduction zone and then be able to chase the other teams,the way i see things now is we may have left it to late and the damage has been done,ok even though we 7 points from safety,we still have a massive climb,we have Luton who are playing really well and Grimsby will not give in even if their are having a bad time.I have supported the club for a long time but recently the players have shown no passion at all by not taken how seriously! things are!!!Give me a pay packet like the players have,and i be out fighting tooth and nail for the club,if QUINN had been a manager in another club,he would have been sacked by now,no questions asked? We are in a dire situration because the club have been themselves in that postion with the admin problems and all the poor management to go along with it.I hope and really do hope that we stay up,but i personally feel that this league is to strong for afc Bournemouth and if their can prove us wrong,then i will continue to give the club my backing but only once the results start coming in more and new players are bought in which is much needed.[/p][/quote]Why not ask what has AFCB done for Quinn since taking over!! lymocherry

7:16pm Mon 8 Dec 08

lymocherry says...

Our recent record is one defeat in 7 games in all competitions, and no defeat in our last 5, not bad in anyones book but you would think we had lost the lot looking at people like Julian1964 and cooperman. I just think some people are having a go just to jump on the bandwagon, after all I can't recall any manager being sacked by now for a record like that one can you? oh and that includes the win over Bristol Rovers in the FA cup which Quinn was in charge for!!!
Our recent record is one defeat in 7 games in all competitions, and no defeat in our last 5, not bad in anyones book but you would think we had lost the lot looking at people like Julian1964 and cooperman. I just think some people are having a go just to jump on the bandwagon, after all I can't recall any manager being sacked by now for a record like that one can you? oh and that includes the win over Bristol Rovers in the FA cup which Quinn was in charge for!!! lymocherry

7:26pm Mon 8 Dec 08

lymocherry says...

Just for the record Julian1964, Luton have lost 3 of their last 5, Grimsby have lost 5 out of their last 7 and Rotherham have lost 5 out of their last seven and have not won, so please don't tell me these clubs are better than us and we have no chance of catching them, we are doing just that, the record speaks for itself!!!!!
Just for the record Julian1964, Luton have lost 3 of their last 5, Grimsby have lost 5 out of their last 7 and Rotherham have lost 5 out of their last seven and have not won, so please don't tell me these clubs are better than us and we have no chance of catching them, we are doing just that, the record speaks for itself!!!!! lymocherry

8:22pm Mon 8 Dec 08

SBATTS43 says...

Julian1964 wrote:
Does nobody else feel let down by the lame excuse for bowing out Anderton is citing??
He is our captain - we are second bottom of the league and fighting for our league survival and Mr Anderton states that he feels a bit tired and it's hard to keep training!!! I don't know why we all feel like we should thank him for gracing us with his presence at Bournemouth, we took a big risk on a player who doesn't have a great record of turning up and now when the going has got tough, Sicknote signs himself off for life. Thanks Capt.
I agree.We have a very very Important game In 8 days time and Anderton decides to retire.Couldn`t he have waited until Boxing day or the home game nearest to the end of the year?
[quote][p][bold]Julian1964[/bold] wrote: Does nobody else feel let down by the lame excuse for bowing out Anderton is citing?? He is our captain - we are second bottom of the league and fighting for our league survival and Mr Anderton states that he feels a bit tired and it's hard to keep training!!! I don't know why we all feel like we should thank him for gracing us with his presence at Bournemouth, we took a big risk on a player who doesn't have a great record of turning up and now when the going has got tough, Sicknote signs himself off for life. Thanks Capt.[/p][/quote]I agree.We have a very very Important game In 8 days time and Anderton decides to retire.Couldn`t he have waited until Boxing day or the home game nearest to the end of the year? SBATTS43

8:53am Tue 9 Dec 08

lymocherry says...

SBATTS43 wrote:
Julian1964 wrote:
Does nobody else feel let down by the lame excuse for bowing out Anderton is citing??
He is our captain - we are second bottom of the league and fighting for our league survival and Mr Anderton states that he feels a bit tired and it's hard to keep training!!! I don't know why we all feel like we should thank him for gracing us with his presence at Bournemouth, we took a big risk on a player who doesn't have a great record of turning up and now when the going has got tough, Sicknote signs himself off for life. Thanks Capt.
I agree.We have a very very Important game In 8 days time and Anderton decides to retire.Couldn`t he have waited until Boxing day or the home game nearest to the end of the year?
Surely though him leaving is exactly what people wanted so why have a go when he does it? I would think the recent stick he took from people saying he couldn't hack it was part of the reason, so blame those who let him down not him.
[quote][p][bold]SBATTS43[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Julian1964[/bold] wrote: Does nobody else feel let down by the lame excuse for bowing out Anderton is citing?? He is our captain - we are second bottom of the league and fighting for our league survival and Mr Anderton states that he feels a bit tired and it's hard to keep training!!! I don't know why we all feel like we should thank him for gracing us with his presence at Bournemouth, we took a big risk on a player who doesn't have a great record of turning up and now when the going has got tough, Sicknote signs himself off for life. Thanks Capt.[/p][/quote]I agree.We have a very very Important game In 8 days time and Anderton decides to retire.Couldn`t he have waited until Boxing day or the home game nearest to the end of the year?[/p][/quote]Surely though him leaving is exactly what people wanted so why have a go when he does it? I would think the recent stick he took from people saying he couldn't hack it was part of the reason, so blame those who let him down not him. lymocherry

6:20pm Tue 9 Dec 08

Trig says...

Do you blame him for wanting to quit rather that play for a clueless and tactical idiot like quinn! Quinn out Anderton for manager
Do you blame him for wanting to quit rather that play for a clueless and tactical idiot like quinn! Quinn out Anderton for manager Trig
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree