Pitman: Fatherhood has made me grow up

Bournemouth Echo: HAT-TRICK HERO: Brett Pitman celebrates with Josh McQuoid on Saturday HAT-TRICK HERO: Brett Pitman celebrates with Josh McQuoid on Saturday

CHERRIES’ hat-trick hero Brett Pitman says becoming a father for the first time has helped him grow up.

Pitman’s treble – including two penalties – fired Cherries to a 3-1 victory over League One rivals Crewe on Saturday.

The Jerseyman, who celebrates his 25th birthday on Thursday, dedicated his latest hat-trick to his eight-month old son Harlow.

Pitman and partner Clare returned to Bournemouth following his £60,000 move from Bristol City, with the striker taking his goal tally to seven in nine league games.

He told the Daily Echo: “Becoming a father for the first time has been great. It is a big change in your life but it is really rewarding. Harlow has just started crawling and climbing and is at a great age. I know it is only going to get better.

“It has certainly made me grow up, both as a person and as a player. You have to provide for someone else and it has made me a lot more responsible.”

Pitman hit 11 hat-tricks during his two-year Cherries apprenticeship and first achieved the feat in the pro ranks in a 4-0 win over Rochdale in April 2009. He also netted three times on his farewell appearance during a 5-1 win over Peterborough in August 2010.

His exploits against Crewe helped Cherries climb a place to fifth in League One with Eddie Howe men extending to 10 games their unbeaten record at Dean Court.

Pitman added: “We didn’t play well in the first half, but we were much better in the second and our performance deserved three points.”

Cherries opened the scoring courtesy of Pitman’s eighth-minute spot kick after Marc Pugh had been felled. He doubled their lead midway through the second half before completing the scoring with a second penalty after Ryan Colclough had made it 2-1.

Pitman, who is the fourth player to take a penalty in a league game for Cherries this season, was asked by the media whether he was the designated taker.

He replied: “I keep getting asked about this. The manager has said that if I am on the pitch, I will take penalties.

“Until I am told differently, that is how it will be.”

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:51am Mon 28 Jan 13

cheeriedriteup says...

We all know that the entire squad has improved since the return of EH, for me the one player that has improved the most is O Kane, constant quality week in week out.
We all know that the entire squad has improved since the return of EH, for me the one player that has improved the most is O Kane, constant quality week in week out. cheeriedriteup
  • Score: 0

8:17am Mon 28 Jan 13

Verwoodcherrry says...

I too was very impressed with Euan O'Kane. His work rate was phenominal and would have been man of the match had it not been for Pitmans hatrick.
I too was very impressed with Euan O'Kane. His work rate was phenominal and would have been man of the match had it not been for Pitmans hatrick. Verwoodcherrry
  • Score: 0

8:23am Mon 28 Jan 13

oxoncherry2 says...

Comment overheard from Crewe supporter to their winger - "Run with it lad, I'll look after your wheelchair!"
Comment overheard from Crewe supporter to their winger - "Run with it lad, I'll look after your wheelchair!" oxoncherry2
  • Score: 0

8:30am Mon 28 Jan 13

AFCBade says...

Top scorers in league one now !!
Top scorers in league one now !! AFCBade
  • Score: 0

10:21am Mon 28 Jan 13

Wilkie says...

Not sure I'd seen confirmation of the £60,000 fee before. Is this official? Although 60K or 100K is probably insignificant in comparison to the wages we have these lads on.
Not sure I'd seen confirmation of the £60,000 fee before. Is this official? Although 60K or 100K is probably insignificant in comparison to the wages we have these lads on. Wilkie
  • Score: 0

12:19pm Mon 28 Jan 13

smhinto says...

To
.
Alaisdair 1967, Steddie Eddie,
Justin Otherman and Afcb.
.
I coming to the understanding that you people, should you have brains that are made of elastic, they would not stretch the width of a pigeons skull.
.
How was my post on Saturday inaccurate ?? when my prediction for a draw was based on the Echo reporting that a large number of players were injured and unlikely to future last Saturday. As it happens the players in question DID play so therefore my prediction may well have been different.
.
You all clearly DID NOT READ THE POST - AS USUAL.
.
I will now repost my post below which read:
.
--------------------
-------------------
If There is any truth in the Echo report that Daniels, Francis, O'kane and Mcquoid are injured and Cook being absent then I am afraid will be lucky to hold on for a draw.
.
Let's just think about this for a moment.!!!
.
You can't go into any game with both first choice full backs missing and half your midfield absent.
.
Just who is going to replace them ??
Cook would normally fit in a right back but is not avaiable, Meades is on lond and cannot cover at left back, Daniles if selected will play carrying an injury.
.
So assume this to be the worst case senario please list your starting eleven minus these players. Your answer should make interesting reading.
.
Let's just hope that these rumours are just pre-match hype.
.
--------------------
--------------------
-

If you people had sense you would retract your derogatory statements and admit you were in the wrong but I suppose that is unlikely to happen.
.
You thick, stupid individuals.
.
Regards
To . Alaisdair 1967, Steddie Eddie, Justin Otherman and Afcb. . I coming to the understanding that you people, should you have brains that are made of elastic, they would not stretch the width of a pigeons skull. . How was my post on Saturday inaccurate ?? when my prediction for a draw was based on the Echo reporting that a large number of players were injured and unlikely to future last Saturday. As it happens the players in question DID play so therefore my prediction may well have been different. . You all clearly DID NOT READ THE POST - AS USUAL. . I will now repost my post below which read: . -------------------- ------------------- If There is any truth in the Echo report that Daniels, Francis, O'kane and Mcquoid are injured and Cook being absent then I am afraid will be lucky to hold on for a draw. . Let's just think about this for a moment.!!! . You can't go into any game with both first choice full backs missing and half your midfield absent. . Just who is going to replace them ?? Cook would normally fit in a right back but is not avaiable, Meades is on lond and cannot cover at left back, Daniles if selected will play carrying an injury. . So assume this to be the worst case senario please list your starting eleven minus these players. Your answer should make interesting reading. . Let's just hope that these rumours are just pre-match hype. . -------------------- -------------------- - If you people had sense you would retract your derogatory statements and admit you were in the wrong but I suppose that is unlikely to happen. . You thick, stupid individuals. . Regards smhinto
  • Score: 0

12:20pm Mon 28 Jan 13

TedMacsCherryPants says...

The word from the ticket office this morning is that MK Dons ticket sales are slow.

C'mon everyone that went to Wigan this is a bigger game for us let's get all the support we can up there!!!

Up The Cherries!
The word from the ticket office this morning is that MK Dons ticket sales are slow. C'mon everyone that went to Wigan this is a bigger game for us let's get all the support we can up there!!! Up The Cherries! TedMacsCherryPants
  • Score: 0

12:55pm Mon 28 Jan 13

nonnogeppetto says...

Brett congratulations on becoming a father as a father and grandfather I can assure you that having children (and eventually grandchildren) is fun and whilst the responsibility becomes harder and harder in modern times the joy of seeing creation in action is wonderful and humbling.

Thank you for your goals on Saturday (though you could have had five or six!!) same again this coming Saturday. UTCIAD

I make no prediction but whoever plays just do your best.
Brett congratulations on becoming a father as a father and grandfather I can assure you that having children (and eventually grandchildren) is fun and whilst the responsibility becomes harder and harder in modern times the joy of seeing creation in action is wonderful and humbling. Thank you for your goals on Saturday (though you could have had five or six!!) same again this coming Saturday. UTCIAD I make no prediction but whoever plays just do your best. nonnogeppetto
  • Score: 0

1:54pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Deejaycee says...

Dear Mr smhinto, before you start accusing people on here of not reading your posts, I suggest you take a leaf out of your own book.
I left a reply to one of your earlier posts a week or so ago, and it certainly was not heeded to.

I have reposted here in order that you may give it some thought.

"To begin with I think you have got a bit of a nerve suggesting that anyone who doesn't agree with your assesment is a fool.
Secondly, we are all getting a bit hecked off the way you constantly search for any negatives coming out of Dean Court and then use them to back up your predictions for the forthcoming fixture.
We are all well aware that injuries to key players may have an adverse affect on the teams performance so please give it a rest and concentrate on the positives for a change..”

Perhaps a little break from our website would be in order.You could try Doncaster or Sheffield Utd, they are closer to home.”
Dear Mr smhinto, before you start accusing people on here of not reading your posts, I suggest you take a leaf out of your own book. I left a reply to one of your earlier posts a week or so ago, and it certainly was not heeded to. I have reposted here in order that you may give it some thought. "To begin with I think you have got a bit of a nerve suggesting that anyone who doesn't agree with your assesment is a fool. Secondly, we are all getting a bit hecked off the way you constantly search for any negatives coming out of Dean Court and then use them to back up your predictions for the forthcoming fixture. We are all well aware that injuries to key players may have an adverse affect on the teams performance so please give it a rest and concentrate on the positives for a change..” Perhaps a little break from our website would be in order.You could try Doncaster or Sheffield Utd, they are closer to home.” Deejaycee
  • Score: 0

2:09pm Mon 28 Jan 13

tricky1007 says...

smhinto wrote:
To
.
Alaisdair 1967, Steddie Eddie,
Justin Otherman and Afcb.
.
I coming to the understanding that you people, should you have brains that are made of elastic, they would not stretch the width of a pigeons skull.
.
How was my post on Saturday inaccurate ?? when my prediction for a draw was based on the Echo reporting that a large number of players were injured and unlikely to future last Saturday. As it happens the players in question DID play so therefore my prediction may well have been different.
.
You all clearly DID NOT READ THE POST - AS USUAL.
.
I will now repost my post below which read:
.
--------------------

-------------------
If There is any truth in the Echo report that Daniels, Francis, O'kane and Mcquoid are injured and Cook being absent then I am afraid will be lucky to hold on for a draw.
.
Let's just think about this for a moment.!!!
.
You can't go into any game with both first choice full backs missing and half your midfield absent.
.
Just who is going to replace them ??
Cook would normally fit in a right back but is not avaiable, Meades is on lond and cannot cover at left back, Daniles if selected will play carrying an injury.
.
So assume this to be the worst case senario please list your starting eleven minus these players. Your answer should make interesting reading.
.
Let's just hope that these rumours are just pre-match hype.
.
--------------------

--------------------

-

If you people had sense you would retract your derogatory statements and admit you were in the wrong but I suppose that is unlikely to happen.
.
You thick, stupid individuals.
.
Regards
Unfortunately you seem to be the brain dead one! unless you are about 10 years old, surely you would know that the echo is not privvy to injury concerns about the squad, and as always you looked on the worse case scenario. At no point did you say ' if they are all fit i expect 3 points!' stop being the most negative fan that any club has seen, you manage to depress people even after we pick up 3 points!!!
[quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: To . Alaisdair 1967, Steddie Eddie, Justin Otherman and Afcb. . I coming to the understanding that you people, should you have brains that are made of elastic, they would not stretch the width of a pigeons skull. . How was my post on Saturday inaccurate ?? when my prediction for a draw was based on the Echo reporting that a large number of players were injured and unlikely to future last Saturday. As it happens the players in question DID play so therefore my prediction may well have been different. . You all clearly DID NOT READ THE POST - AS USUAL. . I will now repost my post below which read: . -------------------- ------------------- If There is any truth in the Echo report that Daniels, Francis, O'kane and Mcquoid are injured and Cook being absent then I am afraid will be lucky to hold on for a draw. . Let's just think about this for a moment.!!! . You can't go into any game with both first choice full backs missing and half your midfield absent. . Just who is going to replace them ?? Cook would normally fit in a right back but is not avaiable, Meades is on lond and cannot cover at left back, Daniles if selected will play carrying an injury. . So assume this to be the worst case senario please list your starting eleven minus these players. Your answer should make interesting reading. . Let's just hope that these rumours are just pre-match hype. . -------------------- -------------------- - If you people had sense you would retract your derogatory statements and admit you were in the wrong but I suppose that is unlikely to happen. . You thick, stupid individuals. . Regards[/p][/quote]Unfortunately you seem to be the brain dead one! unless you are about 10 years old, surely you would know that the echo is not privvy to injury concerns about the squad, and as always you looked on the worse case scenario. At no point did you say ' if they are all fit i expect 3 points!' stop being the most negative fan that any club has seen, you manage to depress people even after we pick up 3 points!!! tricky1007
  • Score: 0

2:30pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Afcbpete says...

tricky1007 wrote:
smhinto wrote:
To
.
Alaisdair 1967, Steddie Eddie,
Justin Otherman and Afcb.
.
I coming to the understanding that you people, should you have brains that are made of elastic, they would not stretch the width of a pigeons skull.
.
How was my post on Saturday inaccurate ?? when my prediction for a draw was based on the Echo reporting that a large number of players were injured and unlikely to future last Saturday. As it happens the players in question DID play so therefore my prediction may well have been different.
.
You all clearly DID NOT READ THE POST - AS USUAL.
.
I will now repost my post below which read:
.
--------------------


-------------------
If There is any truth in the Echo report that Daniels, Francis, O'kane and Mcquoid are injured and Cook being absent then I am afraid will be lucky to hold on for a draw.
.
Let's just think about this for a moment.!!!
.
You can't go into any game with both first choice full backs missing and half your midfield absent.
.
Just who is going to replace them ??
Cook would normally fit in a right back but is not avaiable, Meades is on lond and cannot cover at left back, Daniles if selected will play carrying an injury.
.
So assume this to be the worst case senario please list your starting eleven minus these players. Your answer should make interesting reading.
.
Let's just hope that these rumours are just pre-match hype.
.
--------------------


--------------------


-

If you people had sense you would retract your derogatory statements and admit you were in the wrong but I suppose that is unlikely to happen.
.
You thick, stupid individuals.
.
Regards
Unfortunately you seem to be the brain dead one! unless you are about 10 years old, surely you would know that the echo is not privvy to injury concerns about the squad, and as always you looked on the worse case scenario. At no point did you say ' if they are all fit i expect 3 points!' stop being the most negative fan that any club has seen, you manage to depress people even after we pick up 3 points!!!
Calling him a "fan" Tricky is stretching it more than a bit, does he ever say anything positive. I wouldn't really know as I gave up reading much of his posts ages ago. Our comments may not to be his liking, but as they say, the truth hurts, so he must be in a great deal of pain.
[quote][p][bold]tricky1007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: To . Alaisdair 1967, Steddie Eddie, Justin Otherman and Afcb. . I coming to the understanding that you people, should you have brains that are made of elastic, they would not stretch the width of a pigeons skull. . How was my post on Saturday inaccurate ?? when my prediction for a draw was based on the Echo reporting that a large number of players were injured and unlikely to future last Saturday. As it happens the players in question DID play so therefore my prediction may well have been different. . You all clearly DID NOT READ THE POST - AS USUAL. . I will now repost my post below which read: . -------------------- ------------------- If There is any truth in the Echo report that Daniels, Francis, O'kane and Mcquoid are injured and Cook being absent then I am afraid will be lucky to hold on for a draw. . Let's just think about this for a moment.!!! . You can't go into any game with both first choice full backs missing and half your midfield absent. . Just who is going to replace them ?? Cook would normally fit in a right back but is not avaiable, Meades is on lond and cannot cover at left back, Daniles if selected will play carrying an injury. . So assume this to be the worst case senario please list your starting eleven minus these players. Your answer should make interesting reading. . Let's just hope that these rumours are just pre-match hype. . -------------------- -------------------- - If you people had sense you would retract your derogatory statements and admit you were in the wrong but I suppose that is unlikely to happen. . You thick, stupid individuals. . Regards[/p][/quote]Unfortunately you seem to be the brain dead one! unless you are about 10 years old, surely you would know that the echo is not privvy to injury concerns about the squad, and as always you looked on the worse case scenario. At no point did you say ' if they are all fit i expect 3 points!' stop being the most negative fan that any club has seen, you manage to depress people even after we pick up 3 points!!![/p][/quote]Calling him a "fan" Tricky is stretching it more than a bit, does he ever say anything positive. I wouldn't really know as I gave up reading much of his posts ages ago. Our comments may not to be his liking, but as they say, the truth hurts, so he must be in a great deal of pain. Afcbpete
  • Score: 0

4:17pm Mon 28 Jan 13

nonnogeppetto says...

Apart from one or two posts on here what is written has nothing to do with Brett Pitman becoming a father and the influence that has had on his life.

I confess that I too sometimes make comments which are unrelated to the article so I do not take the high moral high ground but can we all step back from this name calling pause for a while take a deep breath.

Perhaps whilst we are at it we may want to examine our motives for commenting and if we find it too negative we might consider not writing at all.

Now that's off my chest I am going to make a cup of tea sit down and relax. UP the mighty Cherries (attributed to the late Rev. Micheal Lowe once chaplain of AFCB)
Apart from one or two posts on here what is written has nothing to do with Brett Pitman becoming a father and the influence that has had on his life. I confess that I too sometimes make comments which are unrelated to the article so I do not take the high moral high ground but can we all step back from this name calling pause for a while take a deep breath. Perhaps whilst we are at it we may want to examine our motives for commenting and if we find it too negative we might consider not writing at all. Now that's off my chest I am going to make a cup of tea sit down and relax. UP the mighty Cherries (attributed to the late Rev. Micheal Lowe once chaplain of AFCB) nonnogeppetto
  • Score: 0

4:46pm Mon 28 Jan 13

ianbthomson says...

I see that Shminto has not changed. Life must be so depressing when you are always so negative about everything!!

17 games to go and we still have MK Dons, Sheffield Utd, Doncaster, Coventry and Tranmere to play. All massive games which are nevertheless winnable. All getting rather exciting, isn't it :)
I see that Shminto has not changed. Life must be so depressing when you are always so negative about everything!! 17 games to go and we still have MK Dons, Sheffield Utd, Doncaster, Coventry and Tranmere to play. All massive games which are nevertheless winnable. All getting rather exciting, isn't it :) ianbthomson
  • Score: 0

5:34pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Justin Otherfan says...

smhinto wrote:
To
.
Alaisdair 1967, Steddie Eddie,
Justin Otherman and Afcb.
.
I coming to the understanding that you people, should you have brains that are made of elastic, they would not stretch the width of a pigeons skull.
.
How was my post on Saturday inaccurate ?? when my prediction for a draw was based on the Echo reporting that a large number of players were injured and unlikely to future last Saturday. As it happens the players in question DID play so therefore my prediction may well have been different.
.
You all clearly DID NOT READ THE POST - AS USUAL.
.
I will now repost my post below which read:
.
--------------------

-------------------
If There is any truth in the Echo report that Daniels, Francis, O'kane and Mcquoid are injured and Cook being absent then I am afraid will be lucky to hold on for a draw.
.
Let's just think about this for a moment.!!!
.
You can't go into any game with both first choice full backs missing and half your midfield absent.
.
Just who is going to replace them ??
Cook would normally fit in a right back but is not avaiable, Meades is on lond and cannot cover at left back, Daniles if selected will play carrying an injury.
.
So assume this to be the worst case senario please list your starting eleven minus these players. Your answer should make interesting reading.
.
Let's just hope that these rumours are just pre-match hype.
.
--------------------

--------------------

-

If you people had sense you would retract your derogatory statements and admit you were in the wrong but I suppose that is unlikely to happen.
.
You thick, stupid individuals.
.
Regards
I see you have posted your moan from the last article onto here as well. I can't believe you are trying to hijack every article with your negative comments. If you have nothing interesting to say then say nothing.

Congratulations Brett. Good to see the sleepless nights are not affecting things on the pitch. Hopefully this year you will be celebrating a first birthday and a promotion.
[quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: To . Alaisdair 1967, Steddie Eddie, Justin Otherman and Afcb. . I coming to the understanding that you people, should you have brains that are made of elastic, they would not stretch the width of a pigeons skull. . How was my post on Saturday inaccurate ?? when my prediction for a draw was based on the Echo reporting that a large number of players were injured and unlikely to future last Saturday. As it happens the players in question DID play so therefore my prediction may well have been different. . You all clearly DID NOT READ THE POST - AS USUAL. . I will now repost my post below which read: . -------------------- ------------------- If There is any truth in the Echo report that Daniels, Francis, O'kane and Mcquoid are injured and Cook being absent then I am afraid will be lucky to hold on for a draw. . Let's just think about this for a moment.!!! . You can't go into any game with both first choice full backs missing and half your midfield absent. . Just who is going to replace them ?? Cook would normally fit in a right back but is not avaiable, Meades is on lond and cannot cover at left back, Daniles if selected will play carrying an injury. . So assume this to be the worst case senario please list your starting eleven minus these players. Your answer should make interesting reading. . Let's just hope that these rumours are just pre-match hype. . -------------------- -------------------- - If you people had sense you would retract your derogatory statements and admit you were in the wrong but I suppose that is unlikely to happen. . You thick, stupid individuals. . Regards[/p][/quote]I see you have posted your moan from the last article onto here as well. I can't believe you are trying to hijack every article with your negative comments. If you have nothing interesting to say then say nothing. Congratulations Brett. Good to see the sleepless nights are not affecting things on the pitch. Hopefully this year you will be celebrating a first birthday and a promotion. Justin Otherfan
  • Score: 0

6:48pm Mon 28 Jan 13

dc addict says...

Justin Otherfan wrote:
smhinto wrote:
To
.
Alaisdair 1967, Steddie Eddie,
Justin Otherman and Afcb.
.
I coming to the understanding that you people, should you have brains that are made of elastic, they would not stretch the width of a pigeons skull.
.
How was my post on Saturday inaccurate ?? when my prediction for a draw was based on the Echo reporting that a large number of players were injured and unlikely to future last Saturday. As it happens the players in question DID play so therefore my prediction may well have been different.
.
You all clearly DID NOT READ THE POST - AS USUAL.
.
I will now repost my post below which read:
.
--------------------


-------------------
If There is any truth in the Echo report that Daniels, Francis, O'kane and Mcquoid are injured and Cook being absent then I am afraid will be lucky to hold on for a draw.
.
Let's just think about this for a moment.!!!
.
You can't go into any game with both first choice full backs missing and half your midfield absent.
.
Just who is going to replace them ??
Cook would normally fit in a right back but is not avaiable, Meades is on lond and cannot cover at left back, Daniles if selected will play carrying an injury.
.
So assume this to be the worst case senario please list your starting eleven minus these players. Your answer should make interesting reading.
.
Let's just hope that these rumours are just pre-match hype.
.
--------------------


--------------------


-

If you people had sense you would retract your derogatory statements and admit you were in the wrong but I suppose that is unlikely to happen.
.
You thick, stupid individuals.
.
Regards
I see you have posted your moan from the last article onto here as well. I can't believe you are trying to hijack every article with your negative comments. If you have nothing interesting to say then say nothing.

Congratulations Brett. Good to see the sleepless nights are not affecting things on the pitch. Hopefully this year you will be celebrating a first birthday and a promotion.
To Mr Hinto,

Please carry on posting. You are entitled to your opinion, regardless of its content. Sometimes you talk sense, sometimes not but please don't worry about the trolls who take pleasure in running people down without providing any coherent argument themselves.

PS - the real enemy is this b####y website's software. Echo, GET IT SORTED !!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Justin Otherfan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: To . Alaisdair 1967, Steddie Eddie, Justin Otherman and Afcb. . I coming to the understanding that you people, should you have brains that are made of elastic, they would not stretch the width of a pigeons skull. . How was my post on Saturday inaccurate ?? when my prediction for a draw was based on the Echo reporting that a large number of players were injured and unlikely to future last Saturday. As it happens the players in question DID play so therefore my prediction may well have been different. . You all clearly DID NOT READ THE POST - AS USUAL. . I will now repost my post below which read: . -------------------- ------------------- If There is any truth in the Echo report that Daniels, Francis, O'kane and Mcquoid are injured and Cook being absent then I am afraid will be lucky to hold on for a draw. . Let's just think about this for a moment.!!! . You can't go into any game with both first choice full backs missing and half your midfield absent. . Just who is going to replace them ?? Cook would normally fit in a right back but is not avaiable, Meades is on lond and cannot cover at left back, Daniles if selected will play carrying an injury. . So assume this to be the worst case senario please list your starting eleven minus these players. Your answer should make interesting reading. . Let's just hope that these rumours are just pre-match hype. . -------------------- -------------------- - If you people had sense you would retract your derogatory statements and admit you were in the wrong but I suppose that is unlikely to happen. . You thick, stupid individuals. . Regards[/p][/quote]I see you have posted your moan from the last article onto here as well. I can't believe you are trying to hijack every article with your negative comments. If you have nothing interesting to say then say nothing. Congratulations Brett. Good to see the sleepless nights are not affecting things on the pitch. Hopefully this year you will be celebrating a first birthday and a promotion.[/p][/quote]To Mr Hinto, Please carry on posting. You are entitled to your opinion, regardless of its content. Sometimes you talk sense, sometimes not but please don't worry about the trolls who take pleasure in running people down without providing any coherent argument themselves. PS - the real enemy is this b####y website's software. Echo, GET IT SORTED !!!!! dc addict
  • Score: 0

7:41pm Mon 28 Jan 13

West moors 1 says...

May sound harsh after a hat-trick, but Pitman is not making the most of his chances, his work rate seems ok but and his link up play is average. Hoping for more from a useful player and would like to see Tubbs given more game time. Solid professional performance on Saturday with well deserved 3 points. Up the cherries!
May sound harsh after a hat-trick, but Pitman is not making the most of his chances, his work rate seems ok but and his link up play is average. Hoping for more from a useful player and would like to see Tubbs given more game time. Solid professional performance on Saturday with well deserved 3 points. Up the cherries! West moors 1
  • Score: 0

8:21pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Afcbpete says...

dc addict wrote:
Justin Otherfan wrote:
smhinto wrote:
To
.
Alaisdair 1967, Steddie Eddie,
Justin Otherman and Afcb.
.
I coming to the understanding that you people, should you have brains that are made of elastic, they would not stretch the width of a pigeons skull.
.
How was my post on Saturday inaccurate ?? when my prediction for a draw was based on the Echo reporting that a large number of players were injured and unlikely to future last Saturday. As it happens the players in question DID play so therefore my prediction may well have been different.
.
You all clearly DID NOT READ THE POST - AS USUAL.
.
I will now repost my post below which read:
.
--------------------



-------------------
If There is any truth in the Echo report that Daniels, Francis, O'kane and Mcquoid are injured and Cook being absent then I am afraid will be lucky to hold on for a draw.
.
Let's just think about this for a moment.!!!
.
You can't go into any game with both first choice full backs missing and half your midfield absent.
.
Just who is going to replace them ??
Cook would normally fit in a right back but is not avaiable, Meades is on lond and cannot cover at left back, Daniles if selected will play carrying an injury.
.
So assume this to be the worst case senario please list your starting eleven minus these players. Your answer should make interesting reading.
.
Let's just hope that these rumours are just pre-match hype.
.
--------------------



--------------------



-

If you people had sense you would retract your derogatory statements and admit you were in the wrong but I suppose that is unlikely to happen.
.
You thick, stupid individuals.
.
Regards
I see you have posted your moan from the last article onto here as well. I can't believe you are trying to hijack every article with your negative comments. If you have nothing interesting to say then say nothing.

Congratulations Brett. Good to see the sleepless nights are not affecting things on the pitch. Hopefully this year you will be celebrating a first birthday and a promotion.
To Mr Hinto,

Please carry on posting. You are entitled to your opinion, regardless of its content. Sometimes you talk sense, sometimes not but please don't worry about the trolls who take pleasure in running people down without providing any coherent argument themselves.

PS - the real enemy is this b####y website's software. Echo, GET IT SORTED !!!!!
coherent argument!!! LOL, can we all have some of what your on please haaaa haaaaa.... Seriously, IF he did make sense the vast majority of us would not mind. Yes, ofcause anyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm delighted you find his posts so informative, there's always one as they say :)
[quote][p][bold]dc addict[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Justin Otherfan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: To . Alaisdair 1967, Steddie Eddie, Justin Otherman and Afcb. . I coming to the understanding that you people, should you have brains that are made of elastic, they would not stretch the width of a pigeons skull. . How was my post on Saturday inaccurate ?? when my prediction for a draw was based on the Echo reporting that a large number of players were injured and unlikely to future last Saturday. As it happens the players in question DID play so therefore my prediction may well have been different. . You all clearly DID NOT READ THE POST - AS USUAL. . I will now repost my post below which read: . -------------------- ------------------- If There is any truth in the Echo report that Daniels, Francis, O'kane and Mcquoid are injured and Cook being absent then I am afraid will be lucky to hold on for a draw. . Let's just think about this for a moment.!!! . You can't go into any game with both first choice full backs missing and half your midfield absent. . Just who is going to replace them ?? Cook would normally fit in a right back but is not avaiable, Meades is on lond and cannot cover at left back, Daniles if selected will play carrying an injury. . So assume this to be the worst case senario please list your starting eleven minus these players. Your answer should make interesting reading. . Let's just hope that these rumours are just pre-match hype. . -------------------- -------------------- - If you people had sense you would retract your derogatory statements and admit you were in the wrong but I suppose that is unlikely to happen. . You thick, stupid individuals. . Regards[/p][/quote]I see you have posted your moan from the last article onto here as well. I can't believe you are trying to hijack every article with your negative comments. If you have nothing interesting to say then say nothing. Congratulations Brett. Good to see the sleepless nights are not affecting things on the pitch. Hopefully this year you will be celebrating a first birthday and a promotion.[/p][/quote]To Mr Hinto, Please carry on posting. You are entitled to your opinion, regardless of its content. Sometimes you talk sense, sometimes not but please don't worry about the trolls who take pleasure in running people down without providing any coherent argument themselves. PS - the real enemy is this b####y website's software. Echo, GET IT SORTED !!!!![/p][/quote]coherent argument!!! LOL, can we all have some of what your on please haaaa haaaaa.... Seriously, IF he did make sense the vast majority of us would not mind. Yes, ofcause anyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm delighted you find his posts so informative, there's always one as they say :) Afcbpete
  • Score: 0

11:58pm Mon 28 Jan 13

STEADY EDDIE 1 for the road says...

Afcbpete wrote:
dc addict wrote:
Justin Otherfan wrote:
smhinto wrote:
To
.
Alaisdair 1967, Steddie Eddie,
Justin Otherman and Afcb.
.
I coming to the understanding that you people, should you have brains that are made of elastic, they would not stretch the width of a pigeons skull.
.
How was my post on Saturday inaccurate ?? when my prediction for a draw was based on the Echo reporting that a large number of players were injured and unlikely to future last Saturday. As it happens the players in question DID play so therefore my prediction may well have been different.
.
You all clearly DID NOT READ THE POST - AS USUAL.
.
I will now repost my post below which read:
.
--------------------




-------------------
If There is any truth in the Echo report that Daniels, Francis, O'kane and Mcquoid are injured and Cook being absent then I am afraid will be lucky to hold on for a draw.
.
Let's just think about this for a moment.!!!
.
You can't go into any game with both first choice full backs missing and half your midfield absent.
.
Just who is going to replace them ??
Cook would normally fit in a right back but is not avaiable, Meades is on lond and cannot cover at left back, Daniles if selected will play carrying an injury.
.
So assume this to be the worst case senario please list your starting eleven minus these players. Your answer should make interesting reading.
.
Let's just hope that these rumours are just pre-match hype.
.
--------------------




--------------------




-

If you people had sense you would retract your derogatory statements and admit you were in the wrong but I suppose that is unlikely to happen.
.
You thick, stupid individuals.
.
Regards
I see you have posted your moan from the last article onto here as well. I can't believe you are trying to hijack every article with your negative comments. If you have nothing interesting to say then say nothing.

Congratulations Brett. Good to see the sleepless nights are not affecting things on the pitch. Hopefully this year you will be celebrating a first birthday and a promotion.
To Mr Hinto,

Please carry on posting. You are entitled to your opinion, regardless of its content. Sometimes you talk sense, sometimes not but please don't worry about the trolls who take pleasure in running people down without providing any coherent argument themselves.

PS - the real enemy is this b####y website's software. Echo, GET IT SORTED !!!!!
coherent argument!!! LOL, can we all have some of what your on please haaaa haaaaa.... Seriously, IF he did make sense the vast majority of us would not mind. Yes, ofcause anyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm delighted you find his posts so informative, there's always one as they say :)
There's "ONLY ONE " by the looks of it.!!!
[quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dc addict[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Justin Otherfan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: To . Alaisdair 1967, Steddie Eddie, Justin Otherman and Afcb. . I coming to the understanding that you people, should you have brains that are made of elastic, they would not stretch the width of a pigeons skull. . How was my post on Saturday inaccurate ?? when my prediction for a draw was based on the Echo reporting that a large number of players were injured and unlikely to future last Saturday. As it happens the players in question DID play so therefore my prediction may well have been different. . You all clearly DID NOT READ THE POST - AS USUAL. . I will now repost my post below which read: . -------------------- ------------------- If There is any truth in the Echo report that Daniels, Francis, O'kane and Mcquoid are injured and Cook being absent then I am afraid will be lucky to hold on for a draw. . Let's just think about this for a moment.!!! . You can't go into any game with both first choice full backs missing and half your midfield absent. . Just who is going to replace them ?? Cook would normally fit in a right back but is not avaiable, Meades is on lond and cannot cover at left back, Daniles if selected will play carrying an injury. . So assume this to be the worst case senario please list your starting eleven minus these players. Your answer should make interesting reading. . Let's just hope that these rumours are just pre-match hype. . -------------------- -------------------- - If you people had sense you would retract your derogatory statements and admit you were in the wrong but I suppose that is unlikely to happen. . You thick, stupid individuals. . Regards[/p][/quote]I see you have posted your moan from the last article onto here as well. I can't believe you are trying to hijack every article with your negative comments. If you have nothing interesting to say then say nothing. Congratulations Brett. Good to see the sleepless nights are not affecting things on the pitch. Hopefully this year you will be celebrating a first birthday and a promotion.[/p][/quote]To Mr Hinto, Please carry on posting. You are entitled to your opinion, regardless of its content. Sometimes you talk sense, sometimes not but please don't worry about the trolls who take pleasure in running people down without providing any coherent argument themselves. PS - the real enemy is this b####y website's software. Echo, GET IT SORTED !!!!![/p][/quote]coherent argument!!! LOL, can we all have some of what your on please haaaa haaaaa.... Seriously, IF he did make sense the vast majority of us would not mind. Yes, ofcause anyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm delighted you find his posts so informative, there's always one as they say :)[/p][/quote]There's "ONLY ONE " by the looks of it.!!! STEADY EDDIE 1 for the road
  • Score: 0

8:24am Tue 29 Jan 13

dc addict says...

Steady Eddie, well done. Brialliant wit.

AFCB Pete. You're the one who can't afford to go to games. I used to feel sorry for you. I even cosidered paying for your ticket at one stage. Not now. So how can you make comments about others when you don't go to games? By the way, it's of course, not ofcause, you idiot.
Actually, I didn't say that I found his posts informative. That's your imagination playing tricks again. Read my post again.
Steady Eddie, well done. Brialliant wit. AFCB Pete. You're the one who can't afford to go to games. I used to feel sorry for you. I even cosidered paying for your ticket at one stage. Not now. So how can you make comments about others when you don't go to games? By the way, it's of course, not ofcause, you idiot. Actually, I didn't say that I found his posts informative. That's your imagination playing tricks again. Read my post again. dc addict
  • Score: 0

9:32am Tue 29 Jan 13

Afcbpete says...

dc addict wrote:
Steady Eddie, well done. Brialliant wit.

AFCB Pete. You're the one who can't afford to go to games. I used to feel sorry for you. I even cosidered paying for your ticket at one stage. Not now. So how can you make comments about others when you don't go to games? By the way, it's of course, not ofcause, you idiot.
Actually, I didn't say that I found his posts informative. That's your imagination playing tricks again. Read my post again.
Firstly I don't want sympathy thanks all the same, I have been to a couple of games recently and will see Pompey, I'll try and clear my credit card through the summer months selling ??? (not here to advertise LOL)... I does mean for much of the year yes I'm strapped, but so are many others, the £10 the other day and Wigan was a bit easier have to say and I'll probably throw caution to the wind and see Sheff Utd (apologies for not spelling it completely) and Coventry. The person from Lincs doesn't see us play either and that's the whole point, he comes out with ridiculous posts which bores the hell out of all of us!!! Sorry, most of us. Your right, he's entitled to his opinion, I DID state that, but I for one hardly find his posts coherent, I'm delighted that you do ofcause :) Idiot am I??? I know quite a few who'd not disagree, including me pmsl...
[quote][p][bold]dc addict[/bold] wrote: Steady Eddie, well done. Brialliant wit. AFCB Pete. You're the one who can't afford to go to games. I used to feel sorry for you. I even cosidered paying for your ticket at one stage. Not now. So how can you make comments about others when you don't go to games? By the way, it's of course, not ofcause, you idiot. Actually, I didn't say that I found his posts informative. That's your imagination playing tricks again. Read my post again.[/p][/quote]Firstly I don't want sympathy thanks all the same, I have been to a couple of games recently and will see Pompey, I'll try and clear my credit card through the summer months selling ??? (not here to advertise LOL)... I does mean for much of the year yes I'm strapped, but so are many others, the £10 the other day and Wigan was a bit easier have to say and I'll probably throw caution to the wind and see Sheff Utd (apologies for not spelling it completely) and Coventry. The person from Lincs doesn't see us play either and that's the whole point, he comes out with ridiculous posts which bores the hell out of all of us!!! Sorry, most of us. Your right, he's entitled to his opinion, I DID state that, but I for one hardly find his posts coherent, I'm delighted that you do ofcause :) Idiot am I??? I know quite a few who'd not disagree, including me pmsl... Afcbpete
  • Score: 0

10:13am Tue 29 Jan 13

nonnogeppetto says...

If being present at a football match is the only criterion which gives credence to what people say than I am afraid what has been said above (some) is null and void. When we read what supporters (and questionable ones!!) have to say we do have three choices a) we agree and say so; b) we disagree and say so and clarify why we disagree; c) we read it and pass by leaving well alone. What is (in my view anyway) not pleasing to read is when people result to insults like calling someone an Idiot, Fool, Moron, Empty head and so on.

From the little that I know about fellow posters is that the majority on here have some years of experience (OK Old if I have to use the word) so we should be more mature and more accommodating.

Permission to go now!!!
If being present at a football match is the only criterion which gives credence to what people say than I am afraid what has been said above (some) is null and void. When we read what supporters (and questionable ones!!) have to say we do have three choices a) we agree and say so; b) we disagree and say so and clarify why we disagree; c) we read it and pass by leaving well alone. What is (in my view anyway) not pleasing to read is when people result to insults like calling someone an Idiot, Fool, Moron, Empty head and so on. From the little that I know about fellow posters is that the majority on here have some years of experience (OK Old if I have to use the word) so we should be more mature and more accommodating. Permission to go now!!! nonnogeppetto
  • Score: 0

12:37pm Tue 29 Jan 13

dc addict says...

Afcbpete wrote:
dc addict wrote: Steady Eddie, well done. Brialliant wit. AFCB Pete. You're the one who can't afford to go to games. I used to feel sorry for you. I even cosidered paying for your ticket at one stage. Not now. So how can you make comments about others when you don't go to games? By the way, it's of course, not ofcause, you idiot. Actually, I didn't say that I found his posts informative. That's your imagination playing tricks again. Read my post again.
Firstly I don't want sympathy thanks all the same, I have been to a couple of games recently and will see Pompey, I'll try and clear my credit card through the summer months selling ??? (not here to advertise LOL)... I does mean for much of the year yes I'm strapped, but so are many others, the £10 the other day and Wigan was a bit easier have to say and I'll probably throw caution to the wind and see Sheff Utd (apologies for not spelling it completely) and Coventry. The person from Lincs doesn't see us play either and that's the whole point, he comes out with ridiculous posts which bores the hell out of all of us!!! Sorry, most of us. Your right, he's entitled to his opinion, I DID state that, but I for one hardly find his posts coherent, I'm delighted that you do ofcause :) Idiot am I??? I know quite a few who'd not disagree, including me pmsl...
People in glasshouses and all that.
You decided you'd have a pop and I came back at you.
I'll just repeat this one more time. I did not say that I find his posts coherent. I did say that some made sense and some didn't. I also said that those people who want to reply to Hinto's posts should come up with a coherent argument themselves and not just have a go for the sake of it.
I called you an idiot because you annoyed me and you deserved it but there was no need to get personal about your situation which would would descend on me if I lost my job so I apologise for that.
[quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dc addict[/bold] wrote: Steady Eddie, well done. Brialliant wit. AFCB Pete. You're the one who can't afford to go to games. I used to feel sorry for you. I even cosidered paying for your ticket at one stage. Not now. So how can you make comments about others when you don't go to games? By the way, it's of course, not ofcause, you idiot. Actually, I didn't say that I found his posts informative. That's your imagination playing tricks again. Read my post again.[/p][/quote]Firstly I don't want sympathy thanks all the same, I have been to a couple of games recently and will see Pompey, I'll try and clear my credit card through the summer months selling ??? (not here to advertise LOL)... I does mean for much of the year yes I'm strapped, but so are many others, the £10 the other day and Wigan was a bit easier have to say and I'll probably throw caution to the wind and see Sheff Utd (apologies for not spelling it completely) and Coventry. The person from Lincs doesn't see us play either and that's the whole point, he comes out with ridiculous posts which bores the hell out of all of us!!! Sorry, most of us. Your right, he's entitled to his opinion, I DID state that, but I for one hardly find his posts coherent, I'm delighted that you do ofcause :) Idiot am I??? I know quite a few who'd not disagree, including me pmsl...[/p][/quote]People in glasshouses and all that. You decided you'd have a pop and I came back at you. I'll just repeat this one more time. I did not say that I find his posts coherent. I did say that some made sense and some didn't. I also said that those people who want to reply to Hinto's posts should come up with a coherent argument themselves and not just have a go for the sake of it. I called you an idiot because you annoyed me and you deserved it but there was no need to get personal about your situation which would would descend on me if I lost my job so I apologise for that. dc addict
  • Score: 0

1:48pm Tue 29 Jan 13

Afcbpete says...

dc addict wrote:
Afcbpete wrote:
dc addict wrote: Steady Eddie, well done. Brialliant wit. AFCB Pete. You're the one who can't afford to go to games. I used to feel sorry for you. I even cosidered paying for your ticket at one stage. Not now. So how can you make comments about others when you don't go to games? By the way, it's of course, not ofcause, you idiot. Actually, I didn't say that I found his posts informative. That's your imagination playing tricks again. Read my post again.
Firstly I don't want sympathy thanks all the same, I have been to a couple of games recently and will see Pompey, I'll try and clear my credit card through the summer months selling ??? (not here to advertise LOL)... I does mean for much of the year yes I'm strapped, but so are many others, the £10 the other day and Wigan was a bit easier have to say and I'll probably throw caution to the wind and see Sheff Utd (apologies for not spelling it completely) and Coventry. The person from Lincs doesn't see us play either and that's the whole point, he comes out with ridiculous posts which bores the hell out of all of us!!! Sorry, most of us. Your right, he's entitled to his opinion, I DID state that, but I for one hardly find his posts coherent, I'm delighted that you do ofcause :) Idiot am I??? I know quite a few who'd not disagree, including me pmsl...
People in glasshouses and all that.
You decided you'd have a pop and I came back at you.
I'll just repeat this one more time. I did not say that I find his posts coherent. I did say that some made sense and some didn't. I also said that those people who want to reply to Hinto's posts should come up with a coherent argument themselves and not just have a go for the sake of it.
I called you an idiot because you annoyed me and you deserved it but there was no need to get personal about your situation which would would descend on me if I lost my job so I apologise for that.
Thanks for that, and I too can see I was in the wrong, so apologies also. Regarding Hinto's posts however, I've given up reading them to be honest. I have said recently that some of what he says is a fair point, but in the main for someone to come out with all he does when he hasn't seen them play and quite possibly never listens to a commentary either, it defies belief that he can make the statements he does. So for my part, I can't be bothered replying any more, and the inference that I as a "Troll" along with everyone else who is getting fed up with him annoyed me also LOL... I'll leave Nonno and Steady Eddie to deal with him, they seem to have the bit between their teeth, and besides, there are many others who are worth replying too or at least reading.
[quote][p][bold]dc addict[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dc addict[/bold] wrote: Steady Eddie, well done. Brialliant wit. AFCB Pete. You're the one who can't afford to go to games. I used to feel sorry for you. I even cosidered paying for your ticket at one stage. Not now. So how can you make comments about others when you don't go to games? By the way, it's of course, not ofcause, you idiot. Actually, I didn't say that I found his posts informative. That's your imagination playing tricks again. Read my post again.[/p][/quote]Firstly I don't want sympathy thanks all the same, I have been to a couple of games recently and will see Pompey, I'll try and clear my credit card through the summer months selling ??? (not here to advertise LOL)... I does mean for much of the year yes I'm strapped, but so are many others, the £10 the other day and Wigan was a bit easier have to say and I'll probably throw caution to the wind and see Sheff Utd (apologies for not spelling it completely) and Coventry. The person from Lincs doesn't see us play either and that's the whole point, he comes out with ridiculous posts which bores the hell out of all of us!!! Sorry, most of us. Your right, he's entitled to his opinion, I DID state that, but I for one hardly find his posts coherent, I'm delighted that you do ofcause :) Idiot am I??? I know quite a few who'd not disagree, including me pmsl...[/p][/quote]People in glasshouses and all that. You decided you'd have a pop and I came back at you. I'll just repeat this one more time. I did not say that I find his posts coherent. I did say that some made sense and some didn't. I also said that those people who want to reply to Hinto's posts should come up with a coherent argument themselves and not just have a go for the sake of it. I called you an idiot because you annoyed me and you deserved it but there was no need to get personal about your situation which would would descend on me if I lost my job so I apologise for that.[/p][/quote]Thanks for that, and I too can see I was in the wrong, so apologies also. Regarding Hinto's posts however, I've given up reading them to be honest. I have said recently that some of what he says is a fair point, but in the main for someone to come out with all he does when he hasn't seen them play and quite possibly never listens to a commentary either, it defies belief that he can make the statements he does. So for my part, I can't be bothered replying any more, and the inference that I as a "Troll" along with everyone else who is getting fed up with him annoyed me also LOL... I'll leave Nonno and Steady Eddie to deal with him, they seem to have the bit between their teeth, and besides, there are many others who are worth replying too or at least reading. Afcbpete
  • Score: 0

10:49pm Tue 29 Jan 13

jakeysredd says...

TedMacsCherryPants wrote:
The word from the ticket office this morning is that MK Dons ticket sales are slow.

C'mon everyone that went to Wigan this is a bigger game for us let's get all the support we can up there!!!

Up The Cherries!
Got to agree there, been saying it on the other posts, it really gets frustrating with these 25000 fans that went to Cardiff that havnt missed a game in twenty years, Wigan was a great day out but only the cup, We got tickets for the game at MK, have heard we have 3000 seats but can have up to 6000 if required, hope most fans will pay on the day ???
[quote][p][bold]TedMacsCherryPants[/bold] wrote: The word from the ticket office this morning is that MK Dons ticket sales are slow. C'mon everyone that went to Wigan this is a bigger game for us let's get all the support we can up there!!! Up The Cherries![/p][/quote]Got to agree there, been saying it on the other posts, it really gets frustrating with these 25000 fans that went to Cardiff that havnt missed a game in twenty years, Wigan was a great day out but only the cup, We got tickets for the game at MK, have heard we have 3000 seats but can have up to 6000 if required, hope most fans will pay on the day ??? jakeysredd
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree