GOOD customer service is the lifeblood of any business.
To showcase the importance of customer service to the Dorset economy, Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital is encouraging firms to enter the Nuffield Health Excellence in Customer Service Award in the 20th annual Dorset Business Awards.
This award will recognise the business that can best demonstrate its commitment to providing the highest level of customer service. The current title-holder is Poole Harbour Commissioners (PHC).
Jim Stewart, chief executive of PHC, said: “Winning this award has given us the confidence to move forward positively in 2014. We’ve just applied for planning for a new deep water quay which will dramatically increase the potential of PHC and introduce new customers to the port.
“The Dorset Business Awards has given PHC the exposure that money just can’t buy. We’ve had plenty of media coverage, and as a result have been contacted by many suppliers and customers with messages of congratulations.”
The award is open to any company which has a BH/DT postcode or is based in Dorset. Businesses can enter themselves, or be nominated by customers, clients or suppliers but the business needs to submit the final the entry form.
Entrants will need to:
- Give a brief overview of the nature of their trade and customer base
- Summarise the customer care policy, including details of any quality standards the business has achieved
- Describe initiatives to ensure all staff understand and practise the principles of the customer care policy
- Highlight how the business monitors the quality of customer care provided and reacts to feedback
- Demonstrate how the business has made improvements in customer satisfaction
- Explain how the business is planning to maintain and/or improve performance in the future
- Explain why they believe the business deserves this award.
Julie Frew, customer services manager at Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital, said: “Nuffield Heath Bournemouth prides itself on its excellent customer service standards, and believes this is what really sets a business apart from the competition.
“This is why we have chosen to support the DBA’s Excellence in Customer Service Award category for a third year in our five years of supporting the awards. ”
Entrants can submit an entry via dorsetbusiness awards.co.uk or print an entry form and submit a paper-based entry. The closing date is Friday September 12.
For information about the awards, sponsorship opportunities or to reserve tickets for the gala dinner on November 27 at the BIC, contact Shirley Ewart on 01202 714812.