LiveA31 re-opened after man dies in crash near Wimborne

First published in News
Last updated

This live event has finished

Summary

  • The male driver of a campervan has died after a collision involving a lorry on the A31 near Wimborne.
  • The road was closed from the B3074 to Lake Gates for several hours and motorists were diverted. The road reopened around 3.15pm.
  • The air ambulance attended and a female casualty has been taken to Southampton General Hospital.
  • Motorists were advised not to leave the road at Bere Regis but stay on the A35.

Comments (14)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:23am Thu 24 Jul 14

crystal-coast says...

So sad, thoughts are with the family and friends of the person who died. Hope everyone else isn't seriously injured.
So sad, thoughts are with the family and friends of the person who died. Hope everyone else isn't seriously injured. crystal-coast
  • Score: 20

11:49am Thu 24 Jul 14

wellsworld says...

Thoughts with those involved. That spot seems to have become an accident hotspot recently, hopefully it will be investigated.
Thoughts with those involved. That spot seems to have become an accident hotspot recently, hopefully it will be investigated. wellsworld
  • Score: 9

12:01pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Letcommonsenseprevail says...

Thoughts with the families of those concerned. Why oh why are there not traffic calming measures at this very dangerous section of road?
Thoughts with the families of those concerned. Why oh why are there not traffic calming measures at this very dangerous section of road? Letcommonsenseprevail
  • Score: 4

12:12pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Branksome snail says...

Echo - close this thread please
Echo - close this thread please Branksome snail
  • Score: 6

12:15pm Thu 24 Jul 14

padeye says...

Branksome snail wrote:
Echo - close this thread please
Why do you want this thread closed ?
[quote][p][bold]Branksome snail[/bold] wrote: Echo - close this thread please[/p][/quote]Why do you want this thread closed ? padeye
  • Score: -8

12:24pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Branksome snail says...

padeye wrote:
Branksome snail wrote:
Echo - close this thread please
Why do you want this thread closed ?
Any road death should not have a comment section.

People cant help but comment on the cause, but dress it up as well meaning, "Sorry for the person in question...... but...., if there were more speed cameras" etc.

Offer condolences - Yes, stick in your tuppence worth on a cause - No.
It is disrespectful to friends and family.
Easier to close the thread and a hell of a lot more dignified than the usual mud slinging.
[quote][p][bold]padeye[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Branksome snail[/bold] wrote: Echo - close this thread please[/p][/quote]Why do you want this thread closed ?[/p][/quote]Any road death should not have a comment section. People cant help but comment on the cause, but dress it up as well meaning, "Sorry for the person in question...... but...., if there were more speed cameras" etc. Offer condolences - Yes, stick in your tuppence worth on a cause - No. It is disrespectful to friends and family. Easier to close the thread and a hell of a lot more dignified than the usual mud slinging. Branksome snail
  • Score: 34

12:26pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Letcommonsenseprevail says...

Branksome snail wrote:
padeye wrote:
Branksome snail wrote:
Echo - close this thread please
Why do you want this thread closed ?
Any road death should not have a comment section.

People cant help but comment on the cause, but dress it up as well meaning, "Sorry for the person in question...... but...., if there were more speed cameras" etc.

Offer condolences - Yes, stick in your tuppence worth on a cause - No.
It is disrespectful to friends and family.
Easier to close the thread and a hell of a lot more dignified than the usual mud slinging.
Okay for you to comment but others not to?

If you don't think people should be commenting, don't do it yourself.
[quote][p][bold]Branksome snail[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]padeye[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Branksome snail[/bold] wrote: Echo - close this thread please[/p][/quote]Why do you want this thread closed ?[/p][/quote]Any road death should not have a comment section. People cant help but comment on the cause, but dress it up as well meaning, "Sorry for the person in question...... but...., if there were more speed cameras" etc. Offer condolences - Yes, stick in your tuppence worth on a cause - No. It is disrespectful to friends and family. Easier to close the thread and a hell of a lot more dignified than the usual mud slinging.[/p][/quote]Okay for you to comment but others not to? If you don't think people should be commenting, don't do it yourself. Letcommonsenseprevail
  • Score: -10

12:45pm Thu 24 Jul 14

fuhamfc12 says...

Branksome snail wrote:
padeye wrote:
Branksome snail wrote:
Echo - close this thread please
Why do you want this thread closed ?
Any road death should not have a comment section.

People cant help but comment on the cause, but dress it up as well meaning, "Sorry for the person in question...... but...., if there were more speed cameras" etc.

Offer condolences - Yes, stick in your tuppence worth on a cause - No.
It is disrespectful to friends and family.
Easier to close the thread and a hell of a lot more dignified than the usual mud slinging.
But you are on here commenting to. I see what you are saying but any comment on here according to you should be removed.

People can offer condolences if they wish which is what I see in posts above.
[quote][p][bold]Branksome snail[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]padeye[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Branksome snail[/bold] wrote: Echo - close this thread please[/p][/quote]Why do you want this thread closed ?[/p][/quote]Any road death should not have a comment section. People cant help but comment on the cause, but dress it up as well meaning, "Sorry for the person in question...... but...., if there were more speed cameras" etc. Offer condolences - Yes, stick in your tuppence worth on a cause - No. It is disrespectful to friends and family. Easier to close the thread and a hell of a lot more dignified than the usual mud slinging.[/p][/quote]But you are on here commenting to. I see what you are saying but any comment on here according to you should be removed. People can offer condolences if they wish which is what I see in posts above. fuhamfc12
  • Score: 0

12:51pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Huey says...

Four out of the top five of today's stories are about fatalities on the roads, it is time the echo had a CRASHES section on the banner at the top of the page , next to news sport and leisure.
Four out of the top five of today's stories are about fatalities on the roads, it is time the echo had a CRASHES section on the banner at the top of the page , next to news sport and leisure. Huey
  • Score: -10

12:58pm Thu 24 Jul 14

speedy231278 says...

Letcommonsenseprevai
l
wrote:
Thoughts with the families of those concerned. Why oh why are there not traffic calming measures at this very dangerous section of road?
Roads are not dangerous, only the people using them. someone has made a driving error, or something has caused a vehicle to go out of control. The result is tragic but you cannot blame tarmac for conspiring to cause the collision unless there is a defect in the road that has caused a puncture or some other failure on one of the vehicles.
[quote][p][bold]Letcommonsenseprevai l[/bold] wrote: Thoughts with the families of those concerned. Why oh why are there not traffic calming measures at this very dangerous section of road?[/p][/quote]Roads are not dangerous, only the people using them. someone has made a driving error, or something has caused a vehicle to go out of control. The result is tragic but you cannot blame tarmac for conspiring to cause the collision unless there is a defect in the road that has caused a puncture or some other failure on one of the vehicles. speedy231278
  • Score: 10

1:01pm Thu 24 Jul 14

Top Gear says...

speedy231278 wrote:
Letcommonsenseprevai

l
wrote:
Thoughts with the families of those concerned. Why oh why are there not traffic calming measures at this very dangerous section of road?
Roads are not dangerous, only the people using them. someone has made a driving error, or something has caused a vehicle to go out of control. The result is tragic but you cannot blame tarmac for conspiring to cause the collision unless there is a defect in the road that has caused a puncture or some other failure on one of the vehicles.
Very true.
No such thing as a dangerous road.
[quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Letcommonsenseprevai l[/bold] wrote: Thoughts with the families of those concerned. Why oh why are there not traffic calming measures at this very dangerous section of road?[/p][/quote]Roads are not dangerous, only the people using them. someone has made a driving error, or something has caused a vehicle to go out of control. The result is tragic but you cannot blame tarmac for conspiring to cause the collision unless there is a defect in the road that has caused a puncture or some other failure on one of the vehicles.[/p][/quote]Very true. No such thing as a dangerous road. Top Gear
  • Score: 8

1:34pm Thu 24 Jul 14

The Liberal says...

speedy231278 wrote:
Letcommonsenseprevai

l
wrote:
Thoughts with the families of those concerned. Why oh why are there not traffic calming measures at this very dangerous section of road?
Roads are not dangerous, only the people using them. someone has made a driving error, or something has caused a vehicle to go out of control. The result is tragic but you cannot blame tarmac for conspiring to cause the collision unless there is a defect in the road that has caused a puncture or some other failure on one of the vehicles.
Of course some roads are safer than others. While most accidents are caused by human error, safety features on roads (including warning signs, good hazard markings and crash barriers) can go a long way to reducing serious collisions. Sadly, this particular stretch of road seems to have had more than its fair share of bad accidents.
[quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Letcommonsenseprevai l[/bold] wrote: Thoughts with the families of those concerned. Why oh why are there not traffic calming measures at this very dangerous section of road?[/p][/quote]Roads are not dangerous, only the people using them. someone has made a driving error, or something has caused a vehicle to go out of control. The result is tragic but you cannot blame tarmac for conspiring to cause the collision unless there is a defect in the road that has caused a puncture or some other failure on one of the vehicles.[/p][/quote]Of course some roads are safer than others. While most accidents are caused by human error, safety features on roads (including warning signs, good hazard markings and crash barriers) can go a long way to reducing serious collisions. Sadly, this particular stretch of road seems to have had more than its fair share of bad accidents. The Liberal
  • Score: 9

3:56pm Thu 24 Jul 14

MrDMan says...

Such a lack of respect. It happens every time.
Accidents happen. It could be anyone. Your parents, children, friends, colleagues.
It's a real tragedy and there may be a family that has an empty space at their dinner table. Not just tonight. But every night.
And all you lot so is quibble about causes of accidents.
Such a lack of respect. It happens every time. Accidents happen. It could be anyone. Your parents, children, friends, colleagues. It's a real tragedy and there may be a family that has an empty space at their dinner table. Not just tonight. But every night. And all you lot so is quibble about causes of accidents. MrDMan
  • Score: 1

4:12pm Thu 24 Jul 14

suzigirl says...

MrDMan wrote:
Such a lack of respect. It happens every time. Accidents happen. It could be anyone. Your parents, children, friends, colleagues. It's a real tragedy and there may be a family that has an empty space at their dinner table. Not just tonight. But every night. And all you lot so is quibble about causes of accidents.
or moan about being delayed in a traffic jam! RIP........... and my thoughts are with the families........
[quote][p][bold]MrDMan[/bold] wrote: Such a lack of respect. It happens every time. Accidents happen. It could be anyone. Your parents, children, friends, colleagues. It's a real tragedy and there may be a family that has an empty space at their dinner table. Not just tonight. But every night. And all you lot so is quibble about causes of accidents.[/p][/quote]or moan about being delayed in a traffic jam! RIP........... and my thoughts are with the families........ suzigirl
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree