Winter Gardens appeal hearing cancelled as developer submits new plans

Bournemouth Echo: DEVELOPMENT: A view of the Winter Gardens DEVELOPMENT: A view of the Winter Gardens

A PLANNING appeal concerning Bournemouth’s Winter Gardens site, due to be heard next month, has been officially withdrawn.

New developers Inland Homes have also submitted a new application for the site which it believes addresses the reasons why the previous scheme was rejected.

However, this will not be available for public view until next week, when it has been validated by Bournemouth council.

Last month, planning agent Gregory Gray appeared before the council’s planning board to make a short presentation on Inland Homes’ proposals for the town centre car park.

He said the scheme for a hotel, leisure attractions and homes had been scaled down to address neighbours’ concerns and said the proposed hotel would be two storeys smaller than originally planned.

The previous application, which was submitted by APB Park Ltd and Anthony P Bond, sought permission for a £150million hotel, apartment and leisure complex and was thrown out by the planning board last June. A planning appeal was due to be heard on June 24 but this has now been cancelled.

In an email to the Planning Inspectorate, Bournemouth planning officer Steve Davies said the new applicant had engaged in pre-application discussions with the council to try and improve the scheme.

“Whilst the outcome can never be predicted I am satisfied that significant changes have been made in relation to the reason for refusal,” his email said.

Mr Gray was unavailable for comment.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree