Fire fighters attend flat fire on Chorley Close in Poole 'caused by faulty microwave'

Fire fighters attend fire 'caused by faulty microwave'

Fire fighters attend fire 'caused by faulty microwave'

First published in News
Last updated
by

FIRE FIGHTERS put out a flat fire believed to have been caused by a faulty microwave in Poole yesterday afternoon.

A call was made to the emergency services at 5.08pm with reports of smoke coming from a ground floor flat on Chorley Close in the Stanley Green area of the town.

Two crews from Poole Fire Station attended the scene and on arrival, used sets of breathing apparatus to locate the fire, which was extinguished using a hose reel jet.

It is believed that the fire was accidental, started by the kitchen appliance which was faulty, leading to fire damage to the microwave and light smoke damage to the flat.

Crews were able to leave the scene by 5.44pm.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree