Emergency services called to Poole Road, Branksome, after reports of crash

Bournemouth Echo: Pedestrian involved in scooter collision on busy Poole road Pedestrian involved in scooter collision on busy Poole road

A PEDESTRIAN has been involved in a crash with a moped in a busy Poole road this evening.

During the incident, which took place shortly before 6.40pm, a black Piaggio scooter and a walker collided in Poole Road, Branksome, close to Tesco.

Police officers and paramedics were at the scene, but it is not yet known if either the rider or the pedestrian have suffered injuries. 

Emergency services are now thought to have left the scene, and traffic is moving freely.

A spokesperson from the force said: "We were called by an off-duty officer this evening to a report of a road traffic collision."

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:08pm Fri 4 Apr 14

er@odotc says...

Hope both are ok, though I bet the driver of the scooter was trying to wieve through the traffic anyway he/she could, and get ahead like all cyclists/motorcyclis
ts do.
Hope both are ok, though I bet the driver of the scooter was trying to wieve through the traffic anyway he/she could, and get ahead like all cyclists/motorcyclis ts do. er@odotc
  • Score: -4

5:37pm Sat 5 Apr 14

labtec14 says...

I was caught in this not long after it happen - full marks to the off duty policeman who on his own, was taking details of witnesses and directing the traffic very well!
I was caught in this not long after it happen - full marks to the off duty policeman who on his own, was taking details of witnesses and directing the traffic very well! labtec14
  • Score: 3

7:30pm Sat 5 Apr 14

sprintervanman says...

er@odotc wrote:
Hope both are ok, though I bet the driver of the scooter was trying to wieve through the traffic anyway he/she could, and get ahead like all cyclists/motorcyclis

ts do.
Filtering through standing traffic is not illegal when done with sense by a 2 wheeled vehicle either motorised or human powered.The amount of pedestrians seen walking along with either their ears wrapped around headphones or busy starring into their mobile phone/devices and completely oblivious to their surroundings, It would be unfair to suggest the moped rider was at fault without the full facts.
[quote][p][bold]er@odotc[/bold] wrote: Hope both are ok, though I bet the driver of the scooter was trying to wieve through the traffic anyway he/she could, and get ahead like all cyclists/motorcyclis ts do.[/p][/quote]Filtering through standing traffic is not illegal when done with sense by a 2 wheeled vehicle either motorised or human powered.The amount of pedestrians seen walking along with either their ears wrapped around headphones or busy starring into their mobile phone/devices and completely oblivious to their surroundings, It would be unfair to suggest the moped rider was at fault without the full facts. sprintervanman
  • Score: 2

9:26pm Sat 5 Apr 14

er@odotc says...

sprintervanman wrote:
er@odotc wrote: Hope both are ok, though I bet the driver of the scooter was trying to wieve through the traffic anyway he/she could, and get ahead like all cyclists/motorcyclis ts do.
Filtering through standing traffic is not illegal when done with sense by a 2 wheeled vehicle either motorised or human powered.The amount of pedestrians seen walking along with either their ears wrapped around headphones or busy starring into their mobile phone/devices and completely oblivious to their surroundings, It would be unfair to suggest the moped rider was at fault without the full facts.
Personally ive never seen pedestrians walking in the roads with or without their headphones on. They seem to stay on the pavements.But i have seen motorcyclists on the pavement and dodging trasffic on the roads. Hence my comment. So, based on the fact tat pedestraians have a right to walk on pavements with or without headphones on, but motorcyclists do not have the same right on pavements, and, I believe, do not have the right to wieve in between traffic on public roads (consult the highway code), i think your argument is groundless.
[quote][p][bold]sprintervanman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]er@odotc[/bold] wrote: Hope both are ok, though I bet the driver of the scooter was trying to wieve through the traffic anyway he/she could, and get ahead like all cyclists/motorcyclis ts do.[/p][/quote]Filtering through standing traffic is not illegal when done with sense by a 2 wheeled vehicle either motorised or human powered.The amount of pedestrians seen walking along with either their ears wrapped around headphones or busy starring into their mobile phone/devices and completely oblivious to their surroundings, It would be unfair to suggest the moped rider was at fault without the full facts.[/p][/quote]Personally ive never seen pedestrians walking in the roads with or without their headphones on. They seem to stay on the pavements.But i have seen motorcyclists on the pavement and dodging trasffic on the roads. Hence my comment. So, based on the fact tat pedestraians have a right to walk on pavements with or without headphones on, but motorcyclists do not have the same right on pavements, and, I believe, do not have the right to wieve in between traffic on public roads (consult the highway code), i think your argument is groundless. er@odotc
  • Score: -3

9:46pm Sat 5 Apr 14

sprintervanman says...

er@odotc wrote:
sprintervanman wrote:
er@odotc wrote: Hope both are ok, though I bet the driver of the scooter was trying to wieve through the traffic anyway he/she could, and get ahead like all cyclists/motorcyclis ts do.
Filtering through standing traffic is not illegal when done with sense by a 2 wheeled vehicle either motorised or human powered.The amount of pedestrians seen walking along with either their ears wrapped around headphones or busy starring into their mobile phone/devices and completely oblivious to their surroundings, It would be unfair to suggest the moped rider was at fault without the full facts.
Personally ive never seen pedestrians walking in the roads with or without their headphones on. They seem to stay on the pavements.But i have seen motorcyclists on the pavement and dodging trasffic on the roads. Hence my comment. So, based on the fact tat pedestraians have a right to walk on pavements with or without headphones on, but motorcyclists do not have the same right on pavements, and, I believe, do not have the right to wieve in between traffic on public roads (consult the highway code), i think your argument is groundless.
you obviously get out more than i do to witness what you see and i respect your knowledge of the road use of all persons.As some one who only drives about 2000 miles a week as a living i can honestly say i have never seen a motorcycle on a pavement so i guess you witnessed the moped rider in this case mount the pavement and hit the pedestrian on the said pavement rather than in the road. Your fantastic cant say more....big thumbs up to you.
[quote][p][bold]er@odotc[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sprintervanman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]er@odotc[/bold] wrote: Hope both are ok, though I bet the driver of the scooter was trying to wieve through the traffic anyway he/she could, and get ahead like all cyclists/motorcyclis ts do.[/p][/quote]Filtering through standing traffic is not illegal when done with sense by a 2 wheeled vehicle either motorised or human powered.The amount of pedestrians seen walking along with either their ears wrapped around headphones or busy starring into their mobile phone/devices and completely oblivious to their surroundings, It would be unfair to suggest the moped rider was at fault without the full facts.[/p][/quote]Personally ive never seen pedestrians walking in the roads with or without their headphones on. They seem to stay on the pavements.But i have seen motorcyclists on the pavement and dodging trasffic on the roads. Hence my comment. So, based on the fact tat pedestraians have a right to walk on pavements with or without headphones on, but motorcyclists do not have the same right on pavements, and, I believe, do not have the right to wieve in between traffic on public roads (consult the highway code), i think your argument is groundless.[/p][/quote]you obviously get out more than i do to witness what you see and i respect your knowledge of the road use of all persons.As some one who only drives about 2000 miles a week as a living i can honestly say i have never seen a motorcycle on a pavement so i guess you witnessed the moped rider in this case mount the pavement and hit the pedestrian on the said pavement rather than in the road. Your fantastic cant say more....big thumbs up to you. sprintervanman
  • Score: 3

8:51am Mon 7 Apr 14

suzigirl says...

sprintervanman wrote:
er@odotc wrote:
sprintervanman wrote:
er@odotc wrote: Hope both are ok, though I bet the driver of the scooter was trying to wieve through the traffic anyway he/she could, and get ahead like all cyclists/motorcyclis ts do.
Filtering through standing traffic is not illegal when done with sense by a 2 wheeled vehicle either motorised or human powered.The amount of pedestrians seen walking along with either their ears wrapped around headphones or busy starring into their mobile phone/devices and completely oblivious to their surroundings, It would be unfair to suggest the moped rider was at fault without the full facts.
Personally ive never seen pedestrians walking in the roads with or without their headphones on. They seem to stay on the pavements.But i have seen motorcyclists on the pavement and dodging trasffic on the roads. Hence my comment. So, based on the fact tat pedestraians have a right to walk on pavements with or without headphones on, but motorcyclists do not have the same right on pavements, and, I believe, do not have the right to wieve in between traffic on public roads (consult the highway code), i think your argument is groundless.
you obviously get out more than i do to witness what you see and i respect your knowledge of the road use of all persons.As some one who only drives about 2000 miles a week as a living i can honestly say i have never seen a motorcycle on a pavement so i guess you witnessed the moped rider in this case mount the pavement and hit the pedestrian on the said pavement rather than in the road. Your fantastic cant say more....big thumbs up to you.
Well said - nearly got taken out again on Ashley Road coming out of the Co-op with a cyclist RACING along the pavement.......idiot
!
[quote][p][bold]sprintervanman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]er@odotc[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sprintervanman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]er@odotc[/bold] wrote: Hope both are ok, though I bet the driver of the scooter was trying to wieve through the traffic anyway he/she could, and get ahead like all cyclists/motorcyclis ts do.[/p][/quote]Filtering through standing traffic is not illegal when done with sense by a 2 wheeled vehicle either motorised or human powered.The amount of pedestrians seen walking along with either their ears wrapped around headphones or busy starring into their mobile phone/devices and completely oblivious to their surroundings, It would be unfair to suggest the moped rider was at fault without the full facts.[/p][/quote]Personally ive never seen pedestrians walking in the roads with or without their headphones on. They seem to stay on the pavements.But i have seen motorcyclists on the pavement and dodging trasffic on the roads. Hence my comment. So, based on the fact tat pedestraians have a right to walk on pavements with or without headphones on, but motorcyclists do not have the same right on pavements, and, I believe, do not have the right to wieve in between traffic on public roads (consult the highway code), i think your argument is groundless.[/p][/quote]you obviously get out more than i do to witness what you see and i respect your knowledge of the road use of all persons.As some one who only drives about 2000 miles a week as a living i can honestly say i have never seen a motorcycle on a pavement so i guess you witnessed the moped rider in this case mount the pavement and hit the pedestrian on the said pavement rather than in the road. Your fantastic cant say more....big thumbs up to you.[/p][/quote]Well said - nearly got taken out again on Ashley Road coming out of the Co-op with a cyclist RACING along the pavement.......idiot ! suzigirl
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree