When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
What makes you a Bournemouthian? Here's 28 of your suggestions and memories
You’ve been sending us your suggestions for things which make you a Bournemouthian and your most loved memories about living here.
Here’s a few of the best ones we’ve received which also include Poole and Christchurch.
- The trolley buses in Bournemouth town centre with wires everywhere.
- When Bournemouth was in the county of Hampshire.
- The view before the BIC.
- Splashing around in the swimming pool at the BIC and enjoying the wave machine
Picture from Colin Vaughan of Bournemouth in the 1950s
- Saturday Morning Cinema Club in Bournemouth where you were invited up on stage when it was your birthday to receive a present.
- Fanny’s coffee shop above Phones Direct in Bournemouth Square.
- Cramming into Westover Road to see the Beatles on the balcony of the Gaumont.
The Beatles photographed bt Tom Mellor at the Gaumont in Bournemouth
- When Dean Court entertained Manchester United.
- Paddling in the stream through Bournemouth Gardens near the bandstand.
- Shopping in Woolco at the Hampshire Centre.
- Driving straight through Boscombe pre-pedestrianisation.
- When the Walmer hotel stood on the site of the BIC.
- Chelsea Girl opening in Old Christchurch Road.
- Highcliffe Castle before it was open to the public.
- The road going past Hurn Airport was only wide enough for one car with passing points.
- Mounted police on horses when the night clubs kicked out.
- When the Radio 1 Roadshow came to Pier Approach.
- Being rowed across the run at Mudeford to get onto the spit.
- The skittle alley at the Seagull pub at Boscombe.
- The Palladium in Boscombe.
- The Embassy paddle steamers that went to Swanage.
- Tiffany's ballroom in Boscombe in the 1970s.
- Swimming in the Linden Hall baths.
- Watching the bus station being built... and watching the bus station burn down.
- Seeing Fleetwood Mac, Bowie and Led Zeppelin at the Royal Ballrooms.
- Lyons Coffee House.
- Pony rides through Boscombe Chine.
- When Concorde came to Bournemouth.
Comments are closed on this article.