THIS is the moment that a man with Asperger’s Syndrome was killed with a single punch to the head.

Andrew Young died after 20-year-old Lewis Gill lashed out in November last year.

Tragically, the 40-year-old is the fourth man to die in 13 years in Bournemouth from one punch.

Now those behind a national campaign to make people think twice before acting violently have spoken out.

A spokesperson from initiative One Punch Can Kill said: “We want this campaign to make people think twice about their actions.

“Remember, if you avoid trouble, control your anger and walk away, you could not only save your life but someone else’s as well.”

Mr Young had previously exchanged words with Gill’s acquaintance, Victor Ibitoye, who had been riding a pedal cycle on the pavement in Charminster Road.

Overhearing the exchange, Gill punched Mr Young who collapsed onto the road behind him.
He died the next day, November 7, at Southampton General Hospital.

Warning: this CCTV footage contains graphic scenes of a violent incident

This CCTV footage was shown at Salisbury Crown Court on Friday as Gill was sentenced for manslaughter.

In it, the victim, who is circled in yellow, is struck by Gill, circled in red.

Mr Young’s mother Pamela was heard to gasp as she saw the footage for the first time.

Sentencing Gill to four-and-a-half years in prison, Judge Keith Cutler said: “You threw a forceful and vicious punch at [Mr Young].

“He clearly was not any physical threat.”

Mr Young is one of four victims felled by a single blow in recent years.

Clive Wilcox, 42, was killed on Friday, May 4 2001 after an altercation with Daniel Scott, now 33, outside the One Stop shop in Winton.

Scott was jailed for a total of five years and one month for manslaughter and possessing and using a false passport in October last year.

Nathan Ridler, 17, was attempting to stop a fight in Bournemouth town centre when he was killed on February 24, 2008.

CCTV footage showed he had his hands in his pockets when he was attacked.

Jamie Lee Sloane, then 18, was jailed for three years and three months after admitting manslaughter.

Jason Peers, 38, was killed on the same night after being punched in the car park of the Dolphin pub in Holdenhurst Road.

Jeremy Warren, then 30, of Adeline Road, Boscombe, was jailed for three years for manslaughter.

Gill was sentenced to four years for manslaughter, and two three-month prison terms for run consecutively for committing the offence while on a suspended sentence and for handling stolen goods.