FIREFIGHTERS were called to a fire in a bedroom of a house in Alderholt on Saturday evening.
Crews from Verwood and Fordingbridge attended and discovered there had been a small fire small fire in a first floor bedroom which was out prior to their arrival.
The fire had been caused by unattended candles which had been lit during a power cut.
It caused slight fire damage to a chest of drawers and light smoke damage to the bedroom.
One of the occupants also sustained a slight burn to the hand.
A spokesperson for Dorset Fire and Rescue said: “During the current weather conditions and power cuts, people may be using candles more than they otherwise would - ensure they are placed on a heatproof surface away from draughts and furnishings, especially those which may blow into the flame.
"Extinguish any candles when you leave the room.”