When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Crash on Christchurch bypass as police issue advice over flooded roads
TWO cars have collided on the Christchurch bypass this morning as police reissue their advice for people to take care on flooded roads.
Police were called to the Stony Lane roundabout at 8.44am after a Ford Focus and a Ford Ka collided.
Nobody was injured and debris is being cleared from the road.
With many roads suffering once more from large amounts of water, police have reminded drivers to take extra care: Exercise caution when approaching standing water on the roads:
• Don't take chances in wet weather, leave extra time to get to your destination
• When visibility is reduced switch on your headlights
• Double the distance you leave between your car and the car in front of you, as stopping distances increase in wet weather
• Exercise caution when approaching standing water on the roads
• Consideration should be given to the depth of the water
• Do not take any risks driving through flood waters
• If motorists decide to drive through shallow water, they are asked to do so slowly and to be aware of the effect of waves on other road users.
Comments are closed on this article.