Neighbours demand action over untaxed cars along Poole road

Bournemouth Echo: DOZY PARKER: An untaxed Jeep in Chatsworth Road DOZY PARKER: An untaxed Jeep in Chatsworth Road

NEIGHBOURS have demanded action to combat the scourge of untaxed cars parked along their residential road.

Two untaxed vehicles were parked in Chatsworth Road, Parkstone, Poole, for around three months, according to residents.

One of them has recently been moved but the other, a black Jeep Cherokee, is still on Chatsworth Road neighbours say – despite being reported to the DVLA on numerous occasions.

One neighbour, who asked not to be named, said: “The tax ran out on the Jeep in October and it has been there since then.

“I hadn’t noticed the other one, a black Land Rover, until recently. The tax on the Land Rover ran out 18 months ago.”

In the past few days the Land Rover has been moved, neighbours say. Another Chatsworth Road resident, who also asked not to be named, said: “I’ve spoken to traffic wardens a number of times, and I know they have been reported on the DVLA website at least half a dozen times. We’ve seen no action taken so far.”

Borough of Poole’s Newtown Lib Dem ward councillor Graham Wilson said he understood residents’ frustrations.

“Nobody has complained to me about it,” he added. “But I do notice from time to time that cars appear on the roadside with notices of sale. Sometimes the smaller garages possibly have too many cars and then put their stock out on roads.

“We do support residents in their aspirations to have things decent along their roads.”

Meanwhile, Jeff Morley, regulatory services team manager, Borough of Poole, explained that the DVLA is responsible for untaxed vehicles.

He said: “The council will always report them to the DVLA if we are made aware of them.

“However, we would encourage members of the public to report them directly to the DVLA in the first instance. The untaxed Land Rover in Chatsworth Road was reported to us as an abandoned vehicle on December 30.

“We did not believe the vehicle was abandoned, so wrote to the owner on December 31 advising them they had seven days to move the vehicle or we would move it and recover any costs incurred.

“The vehicle was moved by January 6 so no further action will be taken by Borough of Poole.”

  • A DVLA spokesman said: “DVLA’s national wheelclamping contractor, as part of their day-to-day operations, clamp and/or impound any untaxed vehicles seen on the road.

“We will arrange for our wheelclamping contractor to visit Chatsworth Road when they are next in the area.”

Comments (46)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:19pm Tue 14 Jan 14

jeebuscripes says...

With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.
With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this. jeebuscripes

2:30pm Tue 14 Jan 14

MCAME1989 says...

Not sure what the problem with cars bein parked their....
At least they are not being driven on the roads with no tax!!
Not sure what the problem with cars bein parked their.... At least they are not being driven on the roads with no tax!! MCAME1989

2:43pm Tue 14 Jan 14

rayc says...

"Two untaxed vehicles were parked in Chatsworth Road, Parkstone, Poole, for around three months, according to residents"
A scourge is defined as "a person or thing that causes great trouble or suffering".
I can understand the two vehicles possibly annoying the residents whilst being unsure what the VED status has to do with it but a 'scourge' - come on bring some perspective into it?
"Two untaxed vehicles were parked in Chatsworth Road, Parkstone, Poole, for around three months, according to residents" A scourge is defined as "a person or thing that causes great trouble or suffering". I can understand the two vehicles possibly annoying the residents whilst being unsure what the VED status has to do with it but a 'scourge' - come on bring some perspective into it? rayc

2:46pm Tue 14 Jan 14

muscliffman says...

And what are the DVLA going to do, fine the people who own them?

Hardly because they have no idea who those people are, no one in authority does. This situation on our roads will only get worse as more and more UK drivers work out how to easily get themselves and their vehicles completely off the high-tech radar and become undetectable by all the modern forms of unmanned traffic surveillance.

Time for a rethink!
And what are the DVLA going to do, fine the people who own them? Hardly because they have no idea who those people are, no one in authority does. This situation on our roads will only get worse as more and more UK drivers work out how to easily get themselves and their vehicles completely off the high-tech radar and become undetectable by all the modern forms of unmanned traffic surveillance. Time for a rethink! muscliffman

2:54pm Tue 14 Jan 14

rayc says...

“We will arrange for our wheelclamping contractor to visit Chatsworth Road when they are next in the area.”

I hope the residents of Chatsworth road are all legit. For one of them to be clamped for a violation against DVLA regulations would be embarrassing.
“We will arrange for our wheelclamping contractor to visit Chatsworth Road when they are next in the area.” I hope the residents of Chatsworth road are all legit. For one of them to be clamped for a violation against DVLA regulations would be embarrassing. rayc

3:43pm Tue 14 Jan 14

suzigirl says...

Surely if a car is untaxed on a public road it can be seized and if it is on SORN it cannot be parked on a public road.
Surely if a car is untaxed on a public road it can be seized and if it is on SORN it cannot be parked on a public road. suzigirl

3:54pm Tue 14 Jan 14

pete woodley says...

How about council staff bringing their vehicles (some large) home at night and causing problems.
How about council staff bringing their vehicles (some large) home at night and causing problems. pete woodley

4:03pm Tue 14 Jan 14

HRH of Boscombe says...

Wow what a sad bunch playing Traffic Wardens.
.
I just sounds like the Countdown gang got a bit excited after watching Traffic Cops
Wow what a sad bunch playing Traffic Wardens. . I just sounds like the Countdown gang got a bit excited after watching Traffic Cops HRH of Boscombe

4:18pm Tue 14 Jan 14

John T says...

HRH of Boscombe wrote:
Wow what a sad bunch playing Traffic Wardens.
.
I just sounds like the Countdown gang got a bit excited after watching Traffic Cops
I suggest you just jump back on your gravy train to the City, and get on and assess some more real asset stripping!
[quote][p][bold]HRH of Boscombe[/bold] wrote: Wow what a sad bunch playing Traffic Wardens. . I just sounds like the Countdown gang got a bit excited after watching Traffic Cops[/p][/quote]I suggest you just jump back on your gravy train to the City, and get on and assess some more real asset stripping! John T

4:57pm Tue 14 Jan 14

Bananaman1987 says...

Most likely belongs to seaview tyres they where absolute nightmare when I lived in area think they own the place and can do whatever they want
Most likely belongs to seaview tyres they where absolute nightmare when I lived in area think they own the place and can do whatever they want Bananaman1987

5:16pm Tue 14 Jan 14

pete woodley says...

Why are car dealers allowed to extend their show space by leaving cars with sales signs on,in the road and taking up parking spaces,a good example is kinson rd,wallisdown end,where they take space needed for those wishing to use chemists.
Why are car dealers allowed to extend their show space by leaving cars with sales signs on,in the road and taking up parking spaces,a good example is kinson rd,wallisdown end,where they take space needed for those wishing to use chemists. pete woodley

6:13pm Tue 14 Jan 14

anigel says...

Don't be daft, they have no interest in removing vehicles that have been dumped, its only the ones where they will get away with charging a great big hefty storage and or disposal fee and fine on some poor motorist who is a couple of days out of grace period getting the disc.
Don't be daft, they have no interest in removing vehicles that have been dumped, its only the ones where they will get away with charging a great big hefty storage and or disposal fee and fine on some poor motorist who is a couple of days out of grace period getting the disc. anigel

6:44pm Tue 14 Jan 14

Huey says...

Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?
Does not having tax Invalidate insurance? Huey

7:17pm Tue 14 Jan 14

rayc says...

Huey wrote:
Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?
No, unless your policy specifically makes it a condition of the insurance.
[quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?[/p][/quote]No, unless your policy specifically makes it a condition of the insurance. rayc

7:21pm Tue 14 Jan 14

mikeymagic says...

MCAME1989 wrote:
Not sure what the problem with cars bein parked their....
At least they are not being driven on the roads with no tax!!
1. It's there and not their, and being not bein.

2. If they don't have valid tax then complete a SORN and remove them from the highway. It's not difficult.

3. I would stake money that nearly every one of these cars will be moved from their current location prior to the back tax being paid.

4. Are they insured? If not, crush them and make way for legitimate road users.
[quote][p][bold]MCAME1989[/bold] wrote: Not sure what the problem with cars bein parked their.... At least they are not being driven on the roads with no tax!![/p][/quote]1. It's there and not their, and being not bein. 2. If they don't have valid tax then complete a SORN and remove them from the highway. It's not difficult. 3. I would stake money that nearly every one of these cars will be moved from their current location prior to the back tax being paid. 4. Are they insured? If not, crush them and make way for legitimate road users. mikeymagic

7:28pm Tue 14 Jan 14

Hessenford says...

Huey wrote:
Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?
In certain circumstances it is lawful to use a motor vehicle without tax like going for an M.O.T.
The fact that tax is not in force on a vehicle will not invalidate insurance.
Tax is a revenue offence only. It has nothing to do with liability to other drivers/users of the road but you could incur hassle form the insurance companies if you have an accident while untaxed.
[quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?[/p][/quote]In certain circumstances it is lawful to use a motor vehicle without tax like going for an M.O.T. The fact that tax is not in force on a vehicle will not invalidate insurance. Tax is a revenue offence only. It has nothing to do with liability to other drivers/users of the road but you could incur hassle form the insurance companies if you have an accident while untaxed. Hessenford

7:28pm Tue 14 Jan 14

mikeymagic says...

Hessenford wrote:
Huey wrote:
Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?
In certain circumstances it is lawful to use a motor vehicle without tax like going for an M.O.T.
The fact that tax is not in force on a vehicle will not invalidate insurance.
Tax is a revenue offence only. It has nothing to do with liability to other drivers/users of the road but you could incur hassle form the insurance companies if you have an accident while untaxed.
Incorrect.
[quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?[/p][/quote]In certain circumstances it is lawful to use a motor vehicle without tax like going for an M.O.T. The fact that tax is not in force on a vehicle will not invalidate insurance. Tax is a revenue offence only. It has nothing to do with liability to other drivers/users of the road but you could incur hassle form the insurance companies if you have an accident while untaxed.[/p][/quote]Incorrect. mikeymagic

7:39pm Tue 14 Jan 14

Hessenford says...

mikeymagic wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Huey wrote:
Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?
In certain circumstances it is lawful to use a motor vehicle without tax like going for an M.O.T.
The fact that tax is not in force on a vehicle will not invalidate insurance.
Tax is a revenue offence only. It has nothing to do with liability to other drivers/users of the road but you could incur hassle form the insurance companies if you have an accident while untaxed.
Incorrect.
Please elaborate then,
[quote][p][bold]mikeymagic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?[/p][/quote]In certain circumstances it is lawful to use a motor vehicle without tax like going for an M.O.T. The fact that tax is not in force on a vehicle will not invalidate insurance. Tax is a revenue offence only. It has nothing to do with liability to other drivers/users of the road but you could incur hassle form the insurance companies if you have an accident while untaxed.[/p][/quote]Incorrect.[/p][/quote]Please elaborate then, Hessenford

7:42pm Tue 14 Jan 14

mikeymagic says...

Hessenford wrote:
mikeymagic wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Huey wrote:
Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?
In certain circumstances it is lawful to use a motor vehicle without tax like going for an M.O.T.
The fact that tax is not in force on a vehicle will not invalidate insurance.
Tax is a revenue offence only. It has nothing to do with liability to other drivers/users of the road but you could incur hassle form the insurance companies if you have an accident while untaxed.
Incorrect.
Please elaborate then,
I've re-read your comment and apologise. I read it that no tax would invalidate insurance. You are correct and I am wrong. It was actually a good post. Sorry.
[quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeymagic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?[/p][/quote]In certain circumstances it is lawful to use a motor vehicle without tax like going for an M.O.T. The fact that tax is not in force on a vehicle will not invalidate insurance. Tax is a revenue offence only. It has nothing to do with liability to other drivers/users of the road but you could incur hassle form the insurance companies if you have an accident while untaxed.[/p][/quote]Incorrect.[/p][/quote]Please elaborate then,[/p][/quote]I've re-read your comment and apologise. I read it that no tax would invalidate insurance. You are correct and I am wrong. It was actually a good post. Sorry. mikeymagic

7:49pm Tue 14 Jan 14

Rich© says...

jeebuscripes wrote:
With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.
The only visual deterrent we have at the moment & they are going to do away with it !
When they do do away with the displaying of the tax disc altogether I'm sure there will be more people not bothering to tax their vehicles.
ANPR cameras are alright if there is enough police/officials to police it.
[quote][p][bold]jeebuscripes[/bold] wrote: With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.[/p][/quote]The only visual deterrent we have at the moment & they are going to do away with it ! When they do do away with the displaying of the tax disc altogether I'm sure there will be more people not bothering to tax their vehicles. ANPR cameras are alright if there is enough police/officials to police it. Rich©

7:49pm Tue 14 Jan 14

Rich© says...

jeebuscripes wrote:
With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.
The only visual deterrent we have at the moment & they are going to do away with it !
When they do do away with the displaying of the tax disc altogether I'm sure there will be more people not bothering to tax their vehicles.
ANPR cameras are alright if there is enough police/officials to police it.
[quote][p][bold]jeebuscripes[/bold] wrote: With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.[/p][/quote]The only visual deterrent we have at the moment & they are going to do away with it ! When they do do away with the displaying of the tax disc altogether I'm sure there will be more people not bothering to tax their vehicles. ANPR cameras are alright if there is enough police/officials to police it. Rich©

8:02pm Tue 14 Jan 14

Butterfly Collector says...

DVLA enforcement van was in my road in Charminster last week and clamped an untaxed car that hadn't moved for 3 months, but did nothing to a car parked in front of it with a 2012 tax disc!
Perhaps he ran out of clamps.
There's a small garage at the end of my road and he dumps his "customers" car all up our road with total disregard for residents parking.

Just a thought , if a person takes an untaxed car to this garage and the garage then parks it on the public highway , who is liable?
DVLA enforcement van was in my road in Charminster last week and clamped an untaxed car that hadn't moved for 3 months, but did nothing to a car parked in front of it with a 2012 tax disc! Perhaps he ran out of clamps. There's a small garage at the end of my road and he dumps his "customers" car all up our road with total disregard for residents parking. Just a thought , if a person takes an untaxed car to this garage and the garage then parks it on the public highway , who is liable? Butterfly Collector

8:04pm Tue 14 Jan 14

Hessenford says...

Rich© wrote:
jeebuscripes wrote:
With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.
The only visual deterrent we have at the moment & they are going to do away with it !
When they do do away with the displaying of the tax disc altogether I'm sure there will be more people not bothering to tax their vehicles.
ANPR cameras are alright if there is enough police/officials to police it.
The simple answer would be for the insurance companies to state in all of their policies that any untaxed car would invalidate their insurance, it would then be easier for the police to remove them from the road which they are unable to do at the moment in the case of an untaxed vehicle.
[quote][p][bold]Rich©[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jeebuscripes[/bold] wrote: With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.[/p][/quote]The only visual deterrent we have at the moment & they are going to do away with it ! When they do do away with the displaying of the tax disc altogether I'm sure there will be more people not bothering to tax their vehicles. ANPR cameras are alright if there is enough police/officials to police it.[/p][/quote]The simple answer would be for the insurance companies to state in all of their policies that any untaxed car would invalidate their insurance, it would then be easier for the police to remove them from the road which they are unable to do at the moment in the case of an untaxed vehicle. Hessenford

8:13pm Tue 14 Jan 14

Hessenford says...

Butterfly Collector wrote:
DVLA enforcement van was in my road in Charminster last week and clamped an untaxed car that hadn't moved for 3 months, but did nothing to a car parked in front of it with a 2012 tax disc!
Perhaps he ran out of clamps.
There's a small garage at the end of my road and he dumps his "customers" car all up our road with total disregard for residents parking.

Just a thought , if a person takes an untaxed car to this garage and the garage then parks it on the public highway , who is liable?
The garage.
[quote][p][bold]Butterfly Collector[/bold] wrote: DVLA enforcement van was in my road in Charminster last week and clamped an untaxed car that hadn't moved for 3 months, but did nothing to a car parked in front of it with a 2012 tax disc! Perhaps he ran out of clamps. There's a small garage at the end of my road and he dumps his "customers" car all up our road with total disregard for residents parking. Just a thought , if a person takes an untaxed car to this garage and the garage then parks it on the public highway , who is liable?[/p][/quote]The garage. Hessenford

8:13pm Tue 14 Jan 14

rayc says...

Hessenford wrote:
Rich© wrote:
jeebuscripes wrote:
With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.
The only visual deterrent we have at the moment & they are going to do away with it !
When they do do away with the displaying of the tax disc altogether I'm sure there will be more people not bothering to tax their vehicles.
ANPR cameras are alright if there is enough police/officials to police it.
The simple answer would be for the insurance companies to state in all of their policies that any untaxed car would invalidate their insurance, it would then be easier for the police to remove them from the road which they are unable to do at the moment in the case of an untaxed vehicle.
Why should insurance companies become the agents of the state? Insurance companies insure vehicles and make no income from VED. A car is no more of a risk as far as insurance is concerned whether it has VED or not.
DVLA do not need to see a VED disc to send a Registered Keeper a fine if the vehicle is not SORN and does not have VED, they can do it at any time.
It is possible to check the VED status of any vehicle on line by going to https://www.gov.uk/c
heck-vehicle-tax
[quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rich©[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jeebuscripes[/bold] wrote: With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.[/p][/quote]The only visual deterrent we have at the moment & they are going to do away with it ! When they do do away with the displaying of the tax disc altogether I'm sure there will be more people not bothering to tax their vehicles. ANPR cameras are alright if there is enough police/officials to police it.[/p][/quote]The simple answer would be for the insurance companies to state in all of their policies that any untaxed car would invalidate their insurance, it would then be easier for the police to remove them from the road which they are unable to do at the moment in the case of an untaxed vehicle.[/p][/quote]Why should insurance companies become the agents of the state? Insurance companies insure vehicles and make no income from VED. A car is no more of a risk as far as insurance is concerned whether it has VED or not. DVLA do not need to see a VED disc to send a Registered Keeper a fine if the vehicle is not SORN and does not have VED, they can do it at any time. It is possible to check the VED status of any vehicle on line by going to https://www.gov.uk/c heck-vehicle-tax rayc

8:31pm Tue 14 Jan 14

Hessenford says...

rayc wrote:
Hessenford wrote:
Rich© wrote:
jeebuscripes wrote:
With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.
The only visual deterrent we have at the moment & they are going to do away with it !
When they do do away with the displaying of the tax disc altogether I'm sure there will be more people not bothering to tax their vehicles.
ANPR cameras are alright if there is enough police/officials to police it.
The simple answer would be for the insurance companies to state in all of their policies that any untaxed car would invalidate their insurance, it would then be easier for the police to remove them from the road which they are unable to do at the moment in the case of an untaxed vehicle.
Why should insurance companies become the agents of the state? Insurance companies insure vehicles and make no income from VED. A car is no more of a risk as far as insurance is concerned whether it has VED or not.
DVLA do not need to see a VED disc to send a Registered Keeper a fine if the vehicle is not SORN and does not have VED, they can do it at any time.
It is possible to check the VED status of any vehicle on line by going to https://www.gov.uk/c

heck-vehicle-tax
Insurance companies already dictate to us all what they will cover and when they wont for specific reasons so it would be no problem for them to add this simple clause, its nothing to do with them being agents, why should anybody benefit from insurance cover when driving illegally, the clause could be worded to cover any victim in an accident but not cover the untaxed vehicle, its just an idea, it really drives me mad when these idiots don't pay their insurance and get away with driving when most of us pay for the privilege.
[quote][p][bold]rayc[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hessenford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rich©[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jeebuscripes[/bold] wrote: With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.[/p][/quote]The only visual deterrent we have at the moment & they are going to do away with it ! When they do do away with the displaying of the tax disc altogether I'm sure there will be more people not bothering to tax their vehicles. ANPR cameras are alright if there is enough police/officials to police it.[/p][/quote]The simple answer would be for the insurance companies to state in all of their policies that any untaxed car would invalidate their insurance, it would then be easier for the police to remove them from the road which they are unable to do at the moment in the case of an untaxed vehicle.[/p][/quote]Why should insurance companies become the agents of the state? Insurance companies insure vehicles and make no income from VED. A car is no more of a risk as far as insurance is concerned whether it has VED or not. DVLA do not need to see a VED disc to send a Registered Keeper a fine if the vehicle is not SORN and does not have VED, they can do it at any time. It is possible to check the VED status of any vehicle on line by going to https://www.gov.uk/c heck-vehicle-tax[/p][/quote]Insurance companies already dictate to us all what they will cover and when they wont for specific reasons so it would be no problem for them to add this simple clause, its nothing to do with them being agents, why should anybody benefit from insurance cover when driving illegally, the clause could be worded to cover any victim in an accident but not cover the untaxed vehicle, its just an idea, it really drives me mad when these idiots don't pay their insurance and get away with driving when most of us pay for the privilege. Hessenford

10:26pm Tue 14 Jan 14

sapphire26 says...

There's an untaxed in Cromer Road we spotted on Sunday, the tax had expired in Sept 2013, it must have been parked there for quite a while as it has a flat tyre and the like of leaves decomposing round it's tyres suggest it's been there a while.
Where's the wonderful camera cars, they are too interested in hitting the honest motorist for being parked in the wrong place for a few minutes than some car dumped without tax causing an eyesore and becoming a target for vandals.
There's an untaxed in Cromer Road we spotted on Sunday, the tax had expired in Sept 2013, it must have been parked there for quite a while as it has a flat tyre and the like of leaves decomposing round it's tyres suggest it's been there a while. Where's the wonderful camera cars, they are too interested in hitting the honest motorist for being parked in the wrong place for a few minutes than some car dumped without tax causing an eyesore and becoming a target for vandals. sapphire26

10:33pm Tue 14 Jan 14

TicTok says...

It belongs to Sea View Tyres..... Don't need tax as it's in the trade.... Been clamped before and just cut it off. Traffic warden knows the score and turns a blind eye.
It belongs to Sea View Tyres..... Don't need tax as it's in the trade.... Been clamped before and just cut it off. Traffic warden knows the score and turns a blind eye. TicTok

10:49pm Tue 14 Jan 14

Yankee1 says...

If the DVLC gave, say, a five quid bounty to any bobby who writes up an untaxed vehicle. this problem would disappear overnight.

There are more 'pressing' issues to excite the Bill.
If the DVLC gave, say, a five quid bounty to any bobby who writes up an untaxed vehicle. this problem would disappear overnight. There are more 'pressing' issues to excite the Bill. Yankee1

11:14pm Tue 14 Jan 14

muscliffman says...

Huey wrote:
Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?
Not usually because you can drive a car to a booked MOT or to a place for related pre-booked repairs without a tax disc quite legally.

But do you seriously believe any of these untaxed motors have MOTs, Insurance, accurate V5 documents or drivers with valid licences?
[quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?[/p][/quote]Not usually because you can drive a car to a booked MOT or to a place for related pre-booked repairs without a tax disc quite legally. But do you seriously believe any of these untaxed motors have MOTs, Insurance, accurate V5 documents or drivers with valid licences? muscliffman

8:22am Wed 15 Jan 14

Lord Spring says...

muscliffman wrote:
Huey wrote:
Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?
Not usually because you can drive a car to a booked MOT or to a place for related pre-booked repairs without a tax disc quite legally.

But do you seriously believe any of these untaxed motors have MOTs, Insurance, accurate V5 documents or drivers with valid licences?
Also you can use an untaxed car to take voters to a polling station.
[quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: Does not having tax Invalidate insurance?[/p][/quote]Not usually because you can drive a car to a booked MOT or to a place for related pre-booked repairs without a tax disc quite legally. But do you seriously believe any of these untaxed motors have MOTs, Insurance, accurate V5 documents or drivers with valid licences?[/p][/quote]Also you can use an untaxed car to take voters to a polling station. Lord Spring

8:28am Wed 15 Jan 14

Wesoblind says...

pete woodley wrote:
How about council staff bringing their vehicles (some large) home at night and causing problems.
We have just this problem, a hue van gets parked very dangerously outside where i live blocking one of the only bits of parking on the road, to make things worse the parking is time limited and when i had flu my car was left there for two hours and got a parking ticket whilst at the same time this van was there for six but not given a ticket!!!!
[quote][p][bold]pete woodley[/bold] wrote: How about council staff bringing their vehicles (some large) home at night and causing problems.[/p][/quote]We have just this problem, a hue van gets parked very dangerously outside where i live blocking one of the only bits of parking on the road, to make things worse the parking is time limited and when i had flu my car was left there for two hours and got a parking ticket whilst at the same time this van was there for six but not given a ticket!!!! Wesoblind

9:09am Wed 15 Jan 14

rayc says...

TicTok wrote:
It belongs to Sea View Tyres..... Don't need tax as it's in the trade.... Been clamped before and just cut it off. Traffic warden knows the score and turns a blind eye.
Do traffic Wardens {CEO's} have any powers with regards to untaxed vehicles? They can report it to DVLA but as there is no bunce in it for them of the council it is sure to be low priority. Bigger fish to fry from Penalty Notices is the name of the game.
[quote][p][bold]TicTok[/bold] wrote: It belongs to Sea View Tyres..... Don't need tax as it's in the trade.... Been clamped before and just cut it off. Traffic warden knows the score and turns a blind eye.[/p][/quote]Do traffic Wardens {CEO's} have any powers with regards to untaxed vehicles? They can report it to DVLA but as there is no bunce in it for them of the council it is sure to be low priority. Bigger fish to fry from Penalty Notices is the name of the game. rayc

9:09am Wed 15 Jan 14

suzigirl says...

mikeymagic wrote:
MCAME1989 wrote: Not sure what the problem with cars bein parked their.... At least they are not being driven on the roads with no tax!!
1. It's there and not their, and being not bein. 2. If they don't have valid tax then complete a SORN and remove them from the highway. It's not difficult. 3. I would stake money that nearly every one of these cars will be moved from their current location prior to the back tax being paid. 4. Are they insured? If not, crush them and make way for legitimate road users.
I see you are a member of the spelling Police!
[quote][p][bold]mikeymagic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MCAME1989[/bold] wrote: Not sure what the problem with cars bein parked their.... At least they are not being driven on the roads with no tax!![/p][/quote]1. It's there and not their, and being not bein. 2. If they don't have valid tax then complete a SORN and remove them from the highway. It's not difficult. 3. I would stake money that nearly every one of these cars will be moved from their current location prior to the back tax being paid. 4. Are they insured? If not, crush them and make way for legitimate road users.[/p][/quote]I see you are a member of the spelling Police! suzigirl

9:38am Wed 15 Jan 14

Dibbles2 says...

pete woodley wrote:
Why are car dealers allowed to extend their show space by leaving cars with sales signs on,in the road and taking up parking spaces,a good example is kinson rd,wallisdown end,where they take space needed for those wishing to use chemists.
I agree there is one in Charminster in a one way street who regularly parks his own vehicle in the wrong direction as well as other sale vehicles and yet the traffic wardens dont do a thing! Someone is clearly driving them the wrong way in a one way street and there is a limited time parking too. It affects local trade too.
[quote][p][bold]pete woodley[/bold] wrote: Why are car dealers allowed to extend their show space by leaving cars with sales signs on,in the road and taking up parking spaces,a good example is kinson rd,wallisdown end,where they take space needed for those wishing to use chemists.[/p][/quote]I agree there is one in Charminster in a one way street who regularly parks his own vehicle in the wrong direction as well as other sale vehicles and yet the traffic wardens dont do a thing! Someone is clearly driving them the wrong way in a one way street and there is a limited time parking too. It affects local trade too. Dibbles2

12:09pm Wed 15 Jan 14

blackdog1 says...

jeebuscripes wrote:
With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.
No it wont,you can check any vehicle tax on the DVLA web site!
[quote][p][bold]jeebuscripes[/bold] wrote: With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.[/p][/quote]No it wont,you can check any vehicle tax on the DVLA web site! blackdog1

12:19pm Wed 15 Jan 14

madras says...

muscliffman wrote:
And what are the DVLA going to do, fine the people who own them?

Hardly because they have no idea who those people are, no one in authority does. This situation on our roads will only get worse as more and more UK drivers work out how to easily get themselves and their vehicles completely off the high-tech radar and become undetectable by all the modern forms of unmanned traffic surveillance.

Time for a rethink!
Tow them away then - assume the value would be greater than the cost to licence them...
[quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: And what are the DVLA going to do, fine the people who own them? Hardly because they have no idea who those people are, no one in authority does. This situation on our roads will only get worse as more and more UK drivers work out how to easily get themselves and their vehicles completely off the high-tech radar and become undetectable by all the modern forms of unmanned traffic surveillance. Time for a rethink![/p][/quote]Tow them away then - assume the value would be greater than the cost to licence them... madras

12:31pm Wed 15 Jan 14

jeebuscripes says...

blackdog1 wrote:
jeebuscripes wrote:
With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.
No it wont,you can check any vehicle tax on the DVLA web site!
Looking at a tax disc is easier than using the DVLA website which is why I said it would be harder for people to sport things like this.
[quote][p][bold]blackdog1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jeebuscripes[/bold] wrote: With 'road tax' discs being discontinued soon, it'll be harder for people to spot things like this.[/p][/quote]No it wont,you can check any vehicle tax on the DVLA web site![/p][/quote]Looking at a tax disc is easier than using the DVLA website which is why I said it would be harder for people to sport things like this. jeebuscripes

2:18pm Wed 15 Jan 14

MCAME1989 says...

mikeymagic wrote:
MCAME1989 wrote:
Not sure what the problem with cars bein parked their....
At least they are not being driven on the roads with no tax!!
1. It's there and not their, and being not bein.

2. If they don't have valid tax then complete a SORN and remove them from the highway. It's not difficult.

3. I would stake money that nearly every one of these cars will be moved from their current location prior to the back tax being paid.

4. Are they insured? If not, crush them and make way for legitimate road users.
Ha ha
[quote][p][bold]mikeymagic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MCAME1989[/bold] wrote: Not sure what the problem with cars bein parked their.... At least they are not being driven on the roads with no tax!![/p][/quote]1. It's there and not their, and being not bein. 2. If they don't have valid tax then complete a SORN and remove them from the highway. It's not difficult. 3. I would stake money that nearly every one of these cars will be moved from their current location prior to the back tax being paid. 4. Are they insured? If not, crush them and make way for legitimate road users.[/p][/quote]Ha ha MCAME1989

2:36pm Wed 15 Jan 14

MCAME1989 says...

suzigirl wrote:
mikeymagic wrote:
MCAME1989 wrote: Not sure what the problem with cars bein parked their.... At least they are not being driven on the roads with no tax!!
1. It's there and not their, and being not bein. 2. If they don't have valid tax then complete a SORN and remove them from the highway. It's not difficult. 3. I would stake money that nearly every one of these cars will be moved from their current location prior to the back tax being paid. 4. Are they insured? If not, crush them and make way for legitimate road users.
I see you are a member of the spelling Police!
Thank you suzigirl
[quote][p][bold]suzigirl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeymagic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MCAME1989[/bold] wrote: Not sure what the problem with cars bein parked their.... At least they are not being driven on the roads with no tax!![/p][/quote]1. It's there and not their, and being not bein. 2. If they don't have valid tax then complete a SORN and remove them from the highway. It's not difficult. 3. I would stake money that nearly every one of these cars will be moved from their current location prior to the back tax being paid. 4. Are they insured? If not, crush them and make way for legitimate road users.[/p][/quote]I see you are a member of the spelling Police![/p][/quote]Thank you suzigirl MCAME1989

3:39pm Wed 15 Jan 14

Sammyy1991 says...

If you drive just round the corner youll see the landy parked at the sea view pub now, maybe they should go and ask them about the jeep too. Just came home to find the Jeep now has been clamped, funny that its done the day after the DE wrote about it, not months ago. I fail to see the point in clamping it! We want it gone. Now it cant be moved! just remove it! Take it to the registered address and charge them for doing what they should do!
If you drive just round the corner youll see the landy parked at the sea view pub now, maybe they should go and ask them about the jeep too. Just came home to find the Jeep now has been clamped, funny that its done the day after the DE wrote about it, not months ago. I fail to see the point in clamping it! We want it gone. Now it cant be moved! just remove it! Take it to the registered address and charge them for doing what they should do! Sammyy1991

5:23pm Wed 15 Jan 14

pete woodley says...

It is obvious that a lot of residents have problems with car dealers parking extra vehicles with sales signs on all over the roads,so why does the COUNCIL allow it.
It is obvious that a lot of residents have problems with car dealers parking extra vehicles with sales signs on all over the roads,so why does the COUNCIL allow it. pete woodley

5:26pm Wed 15 Jan 14

Sammyy1991 says...

True to form.. They've come along with an angle grinder... Cut the wheel clamp off and they're gone!
True to form.. They've come along with an angle grinder... Cut the wheel clamp off and they're gone! Sammyy1991

6:49pm Wed 15 Jan 14

Bananaman1987 says...

Sammyy1991 wrote:
True to form.. They've come along with an angle grinder... Cut the wheel clamp off and they're gone!
That's criminal damage then
[quote][p][bold]Sammyy1991[/bold] wrote: True to form.. They've come along with an angle grinder... Cut the wheel clamp off and they're gone![/p][/quote]That's criminal damage then Bananaman1987

7:19pm Wed 15 Jan 14

rayc says...

Sammyy1991 wrote:
True to form.. They've come along with an angle grinder... Cut the wheel clamp off and they're gone!
Nice to know that the residents of Chatsworth Road are now scourge free.
[quote][p][bold]Sammyy1991[/bold] wrote: True to form.. They've come along with an angle grinder... Cut the wheel clamp off and they're gone![/p][/quote]Nice to know that the residents of Chatsworth Road are now scourge free. rayc

9:11am Sun 26 Jan 14

DarmaDar says...

I have used the online DVLA service a few times to report things but it never gets acted upon !! It like most government bodies they need to 'appear' to be doing something about our concerns !
I have used the online DVLA service a few times to report things but it never gets acted upon !! It like most government bodies they need to 'appear' to be doing something about our concerns ! DarmaDar

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree