Porsche destroyed in arson attack

Bournemouth Echo: Porsche destroyed in arson attack Porsche destroyed in arson attack

POLICE and fire are investigating after a Porsche 911 was deliberately set alight in a driveway in Merley on Thursday night.

The vehicle was totally destroyed and a second car was badly damaged.

The incident happened at around 10pm last night in Montacute Way where the Porsche was parked under a car port, which was also partially damaged.

Two fire crews from Wimborne attended. Both police and fire said it was being treated as arson.

Any witnesses are asked to call police on 101.

Comments (50)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:58am Fri 10 Jan 14

BIGTONE says...

Looks like some lunatic is upset.
Looks like some lunatic is upset. BIGTONE
  • Score: 13

8:02am Fri 10 Jan 14

Lord Spring says...

BIGTONE wrote:
Looks like some lunatic is upset.
They mistook it for the Conservatory.
[quote][p][bold]BIGTONE[/bold] wrote: Looks like some lunatic is upset.[/p][/quote]They mistook it for the Conservatory. Lord Spring
  • Score: -19

8:07am Fri 10 Jan 14

BIGTONE says...

Lord Spring wrote:
BIGTONE wrote:
Looks like some lunatic is upset.
They mistook it for the Conservatory.
It still has big windows though.
[quote][p][bold]Lord Spring[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BIGTONE[/bold] wrote: Looks like some lunatic is upset.[/p][/quote]They mistook it for the Conservatory.[/p][/quote]It still has big windows though. BIGTONE
  • Score: -16

8:10am Fri 10 Jan 14

High Treason says...

Jealousy. Some people do not like others to have anything that is "porsche"
Jealousy. Some people do not like others to have anything that is "porsche" High Treason
  • Score: 22

8:21am Fri 10 Jan 14

Adrian XX says...

High Treason wrote:
Jealousy. Some people do not like others to have anything that is "porsche"
Agreed.
[quote][p][bold]High Treason[/bold] wrote: Jealousy. Some people do not like others to have anything that is "porsche"[/p][/quote]Agreed. Adrian XX
  • Score: 13

8:22am Fri 10 Jan 14

Adrian XX says...

Same old HDR Dennis.
Same old HDR Dennis. Adrian XX
  • Score: -6

9:31am Fri 10 Jan 14

Mike R-B says...

Should have dialled 911 !!
Should have dialled 911 !! Mike R-B
  • Score: 17

10:25am Fri 10 Jan 14

nobull says...

Who is Dennis
Who is Dennis nobull
  • Score: -1

10:29am Fri 10 Jan 14

speedy231278 says...

At least that's one less of those pretentious 'Mini's no longer on the road.
At least that's one less of those pretentious 'Mini's no longer on the road. speedy231278
  • Score: -27

10:37am Fri 10 Jan 14

BarrHumbug says...

i don't know about partially, i'd say that mini's pretty much destroyed too.
i don't know about partially, i'd say that mini's pretty much destroyed too. BarrHumbug
  • Score: 11

11:35am Fri 10 Jan 14

ben111 says...

BarrHumbug wrote:
i don't know about partially, i'd say that mini's pretty much destroyed too.
A bit of T-Cut should sort that out
[quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: i don't know about partially, i'd say that mini's pretty much destroyed too.[/p][/quote]A bit of T-Cut should sort that out ben111
  • Score: 4

11:44am Fri 10 Jan 14

madras says...

How do they know it was deliberately set alight?
How do they know it was deliberately set alight? madras
  • Score: 2

11:48am Fri 10 Jan 14

60plus says...

I hope they catch the people who did this they are just jealous morons,
I hope they catch the people who did this they are just jealous morons, 60plus
  • Score: 14

12:02pm Fri 10 Jan 14

BarrHumbug says...

madras wrote:
How do they know it was deliberately set alight?
Because their firemen and they know that sort of thing, its their job
[quote][p][bold]madras[/bold] wrote: How do they know it was deliberately set alight?[/p][/quote]Because their firemen and they know that sort of thing, its their job BarrHumbug
  • Score: 8

12:13pm Fri 10 Jan 14

suzigirl says...

Who did he upset then? At least it was a proper Porsche not a Boxster hairdresser's car!
Who did he upset then? At least it was a proper Porsche not a Boxster hairdresser's car! suzigirl
  • Score: -1

12:29pm Fri 10 Jan 14

Mr_JTS says...

I know the girl this happened to, and she posted a Facebook status this morning with a ridiculous description of the "culprit". Me and friends think it was an insurance job for sure
I know the girl this happened to, and she posted a Facebook status this morning with a ridiculous description of the "culprit". Me and friends think it was an insurance job for sure Mr_JTS
  • Score: 2

12:34pm Fri 10 Jan 14

arti273 says...

madras wrote:
How do they know it was deliberately set alight?
Probably based on the owner's information about how long it had been parked there. If they'd only been home 10 mins then there could be a small chance that an oil/petrol leak had ignited from a hot engine part. But car's don't tend to spontaneously combust when parked. Unless it's a Tesla.

Either that or two hooded youths were seen walking away, shout "that'll teach him".
[quote][p][bold]madras[/bold] wrote: How do they know it was deliberately set alight?[/p][/quote]Probably based on the owner's information about how long it had been parked there. If they'd only been home 10 mins then there could be a small chance that an oil/petrol leak had ignited from a hot engine part. But car's don't tend to spontaneously combust when parked. Unless it's a Tesla. Either that or two hooded youths were seen walking away, shout "that'll teach him". arti273
  • Score: 1

1:17pm Fri 10 Jan 14

madras says...

BarrHumbug wrote:
madras wrote:
How do they know it was deliberately set alight?
Because their firemen and they know that sort of thing, its their job
'they're firemen', not 'their firemen'

but apart from that, thank you for the smug response - my point was perhaps the answer (eg someone saw the crime happening) could be included in the article

Now, please write 100 times:
'their' = possessive, eg their car, their house
'they're' = 'they are', eg 'they're fireman'

Thanks!
[quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madras[/bold] wrote: How do they know it was deliberately set alight?[/p][/quote]Because their firemen and they know that sort of thing, its their job[/p][/quote]'they're firemen', not 'their firemen' but apart from that, thank you for the smug response - my point was perhaps the answer (eg someone saw the crime happening) could be included in the article Now, please write 100 times: 'their' = possessive, eg their car, their house 'they're' = 'they are', eg 'they're fireman' Thanks! madras
  • Score: 8

1:31pm Fri 10 Jan 14

retry69 says...

they`re fireman ? got me confused,but I have an excuse :)
they`re fireman ? got me confused,but I have an excuse :) retry69
  • Score: -1

1:45pm Fri 10 Jan 14

retry69 says...

Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight
Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight retry69
  • Score: -5

2:37pm Fri 10 Jan 14

Mike R-B says...

At least someone can claim that they "burnt off a Porsche"!
At least someone can claim that they "burnt off a Porsche"! Mike R-B
  • Score: 0

3:17pm Fri 10 Jan 14

MCAME1989 says...

Mr_JTS wrote:
I know the girl this happened to, and she posted a Facebook status this morning with a ridiculous description of the "culprit". Me and friends think it was an insurance job for sure
I also saw something on Facebook!
Saying a porche carrera and an Audi tt
Surely this isn't the same one...as two totally different cars!?
[quote][p][bold]Mr_JTS[/bold] wrote: I know the girl this happened to, and she posted a Facebook status this morning with a ridiculous description of the "culprit". Me and friends think it was an insurance job for sure[/p][/quote]I also saw something on Facebook! Saying a porche carrera and an Audi tt Surely this isn't the same one...as two totally different cars!? MCAME1989
  • Score: 3

3:26pm Fri 10 Jan 14

suzigirl says...

Mike R-B wrote:
At least someone can claim that they "burnt off a Porsche"!
We do it quite regularly with the Kawasaki ZZR1400!
[quote][p][bold]Mike R-B[/bold] wrote: At least someone can claim that they "burnt off a Porsche"![/p][/quote]We do it quite regularly with the Kawasaki ZZR1400! suzigirl
  • Score: 3

3:54pm Fri 10 Jan 14

BarrHumbug says...

suzigirl wrote:
Mike R-B wrote:
At least someone can claim that they "burnt off a Porsche"!
We do it quite regularly with the Kawasaki ZZR1400!
Anyone can go fast in a straight line....
[quote][p][bold]suzigirl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mike R-B[/bold] wrote: At least someone can claim that they "burnt off a Porsche"![/p][/quote]We do it quite regularly with the Kawasaki ZZR1400![/p][/quote]Anyone can go fast in a straight line.... BarrHumbug
  • Score: 1

4:03pm Fri 10 Jan 14

BarrHumbug says...

retry69 wrote:
Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight
retry69 - Brilliant, you are my hero of the day.

madras - how stupid do you feel right now? i'll bet its more than I do LMFAO
[quote][p][bold]retry69[/bold] wrote: Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight[/p][/quote]retry69 - Brilliant, you are my hero of the day. madras - how stupid do you feel right now? i'll bet its more than I do LMFAO BarrHumbug
  • Score: 1

4:03pm Fri 10 Jan 14

BarrHumbug says...

I forgot to say.....

Thanks!
I forgot to say..... Thanks! BarrHumbug
  • Score: 0

4:16pm Fri 10 Jan 14

Boyzee Boy says...

Where did the Headlamp Glass go?
Where did the Headlamp Glass go? Boyzee Boy
  • Score: 1

4:27pm Fri 10 Jan 14

BarrHumbug says...

Boyzee Boy wrote:
Where did the Headlamp Glass go?
I believe they're plastic?
[quote][p][bold]Boyzee Boy[/bold] wrote: Where did the Headlamp Glass go?[/p][/quote]I believe they're plastic? BarrHumbug
  • Score: 1

4:30pm Fri 10 Jan 14

Mr_JTS says...

MCAME1989 wrote:
Mr_JTS wrote:
I know the girl this happened to, and she posted a Facebook status this morning with a ridiculous description of the "culprit". Me and friends think it was an insurance job for sure
I also saw something on Facebook!
Saying a porche carrera and an Audi tt
Surely this isn't the same one...as two totally different cars!?
That's the one. Her dad's Porsche Carrera 4s and her sisters 2 weeks old TT, there's a few more cars underneath the car port. Did you see she wrote how she "heard the car explode, and then saw a white male 20-24 years old in a Fred perry t-shirt and jeans running down the road with a petrol can". How on earth could she estimate his age, clothes etc in the dark, plus they would of been long gone by the time the car exploded!
[quote][p][bold]MCAME1989[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr_JTS[/bold] wrote: I know the girl this happened to, and she posted a Facebook status this morning with a ridiculous description of the "culprit". Me and friends think it was an insurance job for sure[/p][/quote]I also saw something on Facebook! Saying a porche carrera and an Audi tt Surely this isn't the same one...as two totally different cars!?[/p][/quote]That's the one. Her dad's Porsche Carrera 4s and her sisters 2 weeks old TT, there's a few more cars underneath the car port. Did you see she wrote how she "heard the car explode, and then saw a white male 20-24 years old in a Fred perry t-shirt and jeans running down the road with a petrol can". How on earth could she estimate his age, clothes etc in the dark, plus they would of been long gone by the time the car exploded! Mr_JTS
  • Score: 15

4:31pm Fri 10 Jan 14

retry69 says...

BarrHumbug wrote:
Boyzee Boy wrote:
Where did the Headlamp Glass go?
I believe they're plastic?
Now are you sure that it is "they`re plastic" and not "their plastic" because you know who may still be watching :)
[quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Boyzee Boy[/bold] wrote: Where did the Headlamp Glass go?[/p][/quote]I believe they're plastic?[/p][/quote]Now are you sure that it is "they`re plastic" and not "their plastic" because you know who may still be watching :) retry69
  • Score: 0

4:52pm Fri 10 Jan 14

BarrHumbug says...

retry69 wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Boyzee Boy wrote:
Where did the Headlamp Glass go?
I believe they're plastic?
Now are you sure that it is "they`re plastic" and not "their plastic" because you know who may still be watching :)
I did deliberate this for a while as they are plastic so I took it that the correct grammar would be they're but then I thought that they belong to the owner of the car so it must mean I should use the possessive term of their?

Oh i'm so confused now? I should have just gone with my first instinctive response of "feckin plastic mate"
[quote][p][bold]retry69[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Boyzee Boy[/bold] wrote: Where did the Headlamp Glass go?[/p][/quote]I believe they're plastic?[/p][/quote]Now are you sure that it is "they`re plastic" and not "their plastic" because you know who may still be watching :)[/p][/quote]I did deliberate this for a while as they are plastic so I took it that the correct grammar would be they're but then I thought that they belong to the owner of the car so it must mean I should use the possessive term of their? Oh i'm so confused now? I should have just gone with my first instinctive response of "feckin plastic mate" BarrHumbug
  • Score: -3

5:06pm Fri 10 Jan 14

retry69 says...

BarrHumbug wrote:
retry69 wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Boyzee Boy wrote:
Where did the Headlamp Glass go?
I believe they're plastic?
Now are you sure that it is "they`re plastic" and not "their plastic" because you know who may still be watching :)
I did deliberate this for a while as they are plastic so I took it that the correct grammar would be they're but then I thought that they belong to the owner of the car so it must mean I should use the possessive term of their?

Oh i'm so confused now? I should have just gone with my first instinctive response of "feckin plastic mate"
Uh YEP lol
[quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]retry69[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Boyzee Boy[/bold] wrote: Where did the Headlamp Glass go?[/p][/quote]I believe they're plastic?[/p][/quote]Now are you sure that it is "they`re plastic" and not "their plastic" because you know who may still be watching :)[/p][/quote]I did deliberate this for a while as they are plastic so I took it that the correct grammar would be they're but then I thought that they belong to the owner of the car so it must mean I should use the possessive term of their? Oh i'm so confused now? I should have just gone with my first instinctive response of "feckin plastic mate"[/p][/quote]Uh YEP lol retry69
  • Score: -2

5:28pm Fri 10 Jan 14

madras says...

BarrHumbug wrote:
retry69 wrote:
Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight
retry69 - Brilliant, you are my hero of the day.

madras - how stupid do you feel right now? i'll bet its more than I do LMFAO
Nope, don't feel stupid at all - and had you read and understood the subtlety of my original reply you'd have understood that I was essentially matching your unnecessary sarcasm ('Because their firemen and they know that sort of thing, its their job') with an equally unnecessary response

So, why was it so firking obvious that it was obvious from the original article, pray tell

I remain yours, etc...
[quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]retry69[/bold] wrote: Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight[/p][/quote]retry69 - Brilliant, you are my hero of the day. madras - how stupid do you feel right now? i'll bet its more than I do LMFAO[/p][/quote]Nope, don't feel stupid at all - and had you read and understood the subtlety of my original reply you'd have understood that I was essentially matching your unnecessary sarcasm ('Because their firemen and they know that sort of thing, its their job') with an equally unnecessary response So, why was it so firking obvious that it was obvious from the original article, pray tell I remain yours, etc... madras
  • Score: -2

5:31pm Fri 10 Jan 14

madras says...

BarrHumbug wrote:
retry69 wrote:
Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight
retry69 - Brilliant, you are my hero of the day.

madras - how stupid do you feel right now? i'll bet its more than I do LMFAO
OK, so I hold my hands up - please enlighten me as to how / where I 'fecked up'?
[quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]retry69[/bold] wrote: Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight[/p][/quote]retry69 - Brilliant, you are my hero of the day. madras - how stupid do you feel right now? i'll bet its more than I do LMFAO[/p][/quote]OK, so I hold my hands up - please enlighten me as to how / where I 'fecked up'? madras
  • Score: -2

5:58pm Fri 10 Jan 14

BarrHumbug says...

madras wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
retry69 wrote:
Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight
retry69 - Brilliant, you are my hero of the day.

madras - how stupid do you feel right now? i'll bet its more than I do LMFAO
OK, so I hold my hands up - please enlighten me as to how / where I 'fecked up'?
Now, please write 100 times:
'their' = possessive, eg their car, their house
'they're' = 'they are', eg 'they're fireman'

Thanks!

Please correct me if i'm wrong but should it not be "they're firemen" and not fireman?

I cannot accept the credit for spotting your faux pa, that award goes to retry69, but you have to admit it does make you look pretty silly when you make a point of correcting someone else's grammar and then go and muck it up yourself? ;-)
It doesn't help that you put some sort of naughty schoolboy/all knowledgeable teacher spin on it by trying to punish me with (grammatically incorrect) lines.

"Thanks!"
[quote][p][bold]madras[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]retry69[/bold] wrote: Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight[/p][/quote]retry69 - Brilliant, you are my hero of the day. madras - how stupid do you feel right now? i'll bet its more than I do LMFAO[/p][/quote]OK, so I hold my hands up - please enlighten me as to how / where I 'fecked up'?[/p][/quote]Now, please write 100 times: 'their' = possessive, eg their car, their house 'they're' = 'they are', eg 'they're fireman' Thanks! Please correct me if i'm wrong but should it not be "they're firemen" and not fireman? I cannot accept the credit for spotting your faux pa, that award goes to retry69, but you have to admit it does make you look pretty silly when you make a point of correcting someone else's grammar and then go and muck it up yourself? ;-) It doesn't help that you put some sort of naughty schoolboy/all knowledgeable teacher spin on it by trying to punish me with (grammatically incorrect) lines. "Thanks!" BarrHumbug
  • Score: -1

6:07pm Fri 10 Jan 14

madras says...

BarrHumbug wrote:
madras wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
retry69 wrote:
Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight
retry69 - Brilliant, you are my hero of the day.

madras - how stupid do you feel right now? i'll bet its more than I do LMFAO
OK, so I hold my hands up - please enlighten me as to how / where I 'fecked up'?
Now, please write 100 times:
'their' = possessive, eg their car, their house
'they're' = 'they are', eg 'they're fireman'

Thanks!

Please correct me if i'm wrong but should it not be "they're firemen" and not fireman?

I cannot accept the credit for spotting your faux pa, that award goes to retry69, but you have to admit it does make you look pretty silly when you make a point of correcting someone else's grammar and then go and muck it up yourself? ;-)
It doesn't help that you put some sort of naughty schoolboy/all knowledgeable teacher spin on it by trying to punish me with (grammatically incorrect) lines.

"Thanks!"
got it - 'rumbled'!

though still don't get why the sarcasm in your original response to my question about how they knew it was arson...
[quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madras[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]retry69[/bold] wrote: Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight[/p][/quote]retry69 - Brilliant, you are my hero of the day. madras - how stupid do you feel right now? i'll bet its more than I do LMFAO[/p][/quote]OK, so I hold my hands up - please enlighten me as to how / where I 'fecked up'?[/p][/quote]Now, please write 100 times: 'their' = possessive, eg their car, their house 'they're' = 'they are', eg 'they're fireman' Thanks! Please correct me if i'm wrong but should it not be "they're firemen" and not fireman? I cannot accept the credit for spotting your faux pa, that award goes to retry69, but you have to admit it does make you look pretty silly when you make a point of correcting someone else's grammar and then go and muck it up yourself? ;-) It doesn't help that you put some sort of naughty schoolboy/all knowledgeable teacher spin on it by trying to punish me with (grammatically incorrect) lines. "Thanks!"[/p][/quote]got it - 'rumbled'! though still don't get why the sarcasm in your original response to my question about how they knew it was arson... madras
  • Score: -1

6:17pm Fri 10 Jan 14

retry69 says...

BarrHumbug wrote:
madras wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
retry69 wrote:
Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight
retry69 - Brilliant, you are my hero of the day.

madras - how stupid do you feel right now? i'll bet its more than I do LMFAO
OK, so I hold my hands up - please enlighten me as to how / where I 'fecked up'?
Now, please write 100 times:
'their' = possessive, eg their car, their house
'they're' = 'they are', eg 'they're fireman'

Thanks!

Please correct me if i'm wrong but should it not be "they're firemen" and not fireman?

I cannot accept the credit for spotting your faux pa, that award goes to retry69, but you have to admit it does make you look pretty silly when you make a point of correcting someone else's grammar and then go and muck it up yourself? ;-)
It doesn't help that you put some sort of naughty schoolboy/all knowledgeable teacher spin on it by trying to punish me with (grammatically incorrect) lines.

"Thanks!"
You on your own now son,i struggle enough with my own English grammar let alone French (foe pa ?). Good Luck :)
[quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madras[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]retry69[/bold] wrote: Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight[/p][/quote]retry69 - Brilliant, you are my hero of the day. madras - how stupid do you feel right now? i'll bet its more than I do LMFAO[/p][/quote]OK, so I hold my hands up - please enlighten me as to how / where I 'fecked up'?[/p][/quote]Now, please write 100 times: 'their' = possessive, eg their car, their house 'they're' = 'they are', eg 'they're fireman' Thanks! Please correct me if i'm wrong but should it not be "they're firemen" and not fireman? I cannot accept the credit for spotting your faux pa, that award goes to retry69, but you have to admit it does make you look pretty silly when you make a point of correcting someone else's grammar and then go and muck it up yourself? ;-) It doesn't help that you put some sort of naughty schoolboy/all knowledgeable teacher spin on it by trying to punish me with (grammatically incorrect) lines. "Thanks!"[/p][/quote]You on your own now son,i struggle enough with my own English grammar let alone French (foe pa ?). Good Luck :) retry69
  • Score: 0

6:19pm Fri 10 Jan 14

madras says...

BarrHumbug wrote:
madras wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
retry69 wrote:
Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight
retry69 - Brilliant, you are my hero of the day.

madras - how stupid do you feel right now? i'll bet its more than I do LMFAO
OK, so I hold my hands up - please enlighten me as to how / where I 'fecked up'?
Now, please write 100 times:
'their' = possessive, eg their car, their house
'they're' = 'they are', eg 'they're fireman'

Thanks!

Please correct me if i'm wrong but should it not be "they're firemen" and not fireman?

I cannot accept the credit for spotting your faux pa, that award goes to retry69, but you have to admit it does make you look pretty silly when you make a point of correcting someone else's grammar and then go and muck it up yourself? ;-)
It doesn't help that you put some sort of naughty schoolboy/all knowledgeable teacher spin on it by trying to punish me with (grammatically incorrect) lines.

"Thanks!"
Faux pas, with an 's'

Can we call a truce, shake hands and resolve over a virtual pint?
[quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madras[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]retry69[/bold] wrote: Don't you just love it when the grammar police catch you then they feck up themselves LMFAO their reely is moor too life butt heay imm illitereight[/p][/quote]retry69 - Brilliant, you are my hero of the day. madras - how stupid do you feel right now? i'll bet its more than I do LMFAO[/p][/quote]OK, so I hold my hands up - please enlighten me as to how / where I 'fecked up'?[/p][/quote]Now, please write 100 times: 'their' = possessive, eg their car, their house 'they're' = 'they are', eg 'they're fireman' Thanks! Please correct me if i'm wrong but should it not be "they're firemen" and not fireman? I cannot accept the credit for spotting your faux pa, that award goes to retry69, but you have to admit it does make you look pretty silly when you make a point of correcting someone else's grammar and then go and muck it up yourself? ;-) It doesn't help that you put some sort of naughty schoolboy/all knowledgeable teacher spin on it by trying to punish me with (grammatically incorrect) lines. "Thanks!"[/p][/quote]Faux pas, with an 's' Can we call a truce, shake hands and resolve over a virtual pint? madras
  • Score: -2

6:25pm Fri 10 Jan 14

retry69 says...

See what I mean foe fecking pas now we even got that wrong.You both have a good weekend :)
See what I mean foe fecking pas now we even got that wrong.You both have a good weekend :) retry69
  • Score: -3

7:15pm Fri 10 Jan 14

Mike_French says...

madras wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
madras wrote:
How do they know it was deliberately set alight?
Because their firemen and they know that sort of thing, its their job
'they're firemen', not 'their firemen'

but apart from that, thank you for the smug response - my point was perhaps the answer (eg someone saw the crime happening) could be included in the article

Now, please write 100 times:
'their' = possessive, eg their car, their house
'they're' = 'they are', eg 'they're fireman'

Thanks!
,uɐɯǝɹᴉɟ ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ƃǝ ',ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ, = ,ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ǝsnoɥ ɹᴉǝɥʇ 'ɹɐɔ ɹᴉǝɥʇ ƃǝ 'ǝʌᴉssǝssod = ,ɹᴉǝɥʇ,
,uɐɯǝɹᴉɟ ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ƃǝ ',ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ, = ,ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ǝsnoɥ ɹᴉǝɥʇ 'ɹɐɔ ɹᴉǝɥʇ ƃǝ 'ǝʌᴉssǝssod = ,ɹᴉǝɥʇ,
,uɐɯǝɹᴉɟ ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ƃǝ ',ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ, = ,ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ǝsnoɥ ɹᴉǝɥʇ 'ɹɐɔ ɹᴉǝɥʇ ƃǝ 'ǝʌᴉssǝssod = ,ɹᴉǝɥʇ,
,uɐɯǝɹᴉɟ ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ƃǝ ',ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ, = ,ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ǝsnoɥ ɹᴉǝɥʇ 'ɹɐɔ ɹᴉǝɥʇ ƃǝ 'ǝʌᴉssǝssod = ,ɹᴉǝɥʇ,
[quote][p][bold]madras[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madras[/bold] wrote: How do they know it was deliberately set alight?[/p][/quote]Because their firemen and they know that sort of thing, its their job[/p][/quote]'they're firemen', not 'their firemen' but apart from that, thank you for the smug response - my point was perhaps the answer (eg someone saw the crime happening) could be included in the article Now, please write 100 times: 'their' = possessive, eg their car, their house 'they're' = 'they are', eg 'they're fireman' Thanks![/p][/quote],uɐɯǝɹᴉɟ ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ƃǝ ',ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ, = ,ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ǝsnoɥ ɹᴉǝɥʇ 'ɹɐɔ ɹᴉǝɥʇ ƃǝ 'ǝʌᴉssǝssod = ,ɹᴉǝɥʇ, ,uɐɯǝɹᴉɟ ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ƃǝ ',ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ, = ,ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ǝsnoɥ ɹᴉǝɥʇ 'ɹɐɔ ɹᴉǝɥʇ ƃǝ 'ǝʌᴉssǝssod = ,ɹᴉǝɥʇ, ,uɐɯǝɹᴉɟ ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ƃǝ ',ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ, = ,ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ǝsnoɥ ɹᴉǝɥʇ 'ɹɐɔ ɹᴉǝɥʇ ƃǝ 'ǝʌᴉssǝssod = ,ɹᴉǝɥʇ, ,uɐɯǝɹᴉɟ ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ƃǝ ',ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥʇ, = ,ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ, ǝsnoɥ ɹᴉǝɥʇ 'ɹɐɔ ɹᴉǝɥʇ ƃǝ 'ǝʌᴉssǝssod = ,ɹᴉǝɥʇ, Mike_French
  • Score: -2

7:21pm Fri 10 Jan 14

madras says...

retry69 wrote:
See what I mean foe fecking pas now we even got that wrong.You both have a good weekend :)
You too - hope it's a (relatively) warm and dry one!
[quote][p][bold]retry69[/bold] wrote: See what I mean foe fecking pas now we even got that wrong.You both have a good weekend :)[/p][/quote]You too - hope it's a (relatively) warm and dry one! madras
  • Score: -3

7:24pm Fri 10 Jan 14

Mr akki says...

Mr_JTS wrote:
I know the girl this happened to, and she posted a Facebook status this morning with a ridiculous description of the "culprit". Me and friends think it was an insurance job for sure
I have known this family for well over 10 years and to even think this was an insurance job is probably the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. I have seen this 911 nearly everyday since he has owned it, it is cared for and loved by its owner to the extreme. The car is never dirty, it is serviced more than it needs to be and seeing the owner this morning i honestly thought a loved one had died, which is probably true. some people should switch there brain on before they write dribble!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Mr_JTS[/bold] wrote: I know the girl this happened to, and she posted a Facebook status this morning with a ridiculous description of the "culprit". Me and friends think it was an insurance job for sure[/p][/quote]I have known this family for well over 10 years and to even think this was an insurance job is probably the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. I have seen this 911 nearly everyday since he has owned it, it is cared for and loved by its owner to the extreme. The car is never dirty, it is serviced more than it needs to be and seeing the owner this morning i honestly thought a loved one had died, which is probably true. some people should switch there brain on before they write dribble!!!! Mr akki
  • Score: 3

7:26pm Fri 10 Jan 14

retry69 says...

madras wrote:
retry69 wrote:
See what I mean foe fecking pas now we even got that wrong.You both have a good weekend :)
You too - hope it's a (relatively) warm and dry one!
Have you looked at the thread about drink driving, there is someone going off on one there about the grammar lol
[quote][p][bold]madras[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]retry69[/bold] wrote: See what I mean foe fecking pas now we even got that wrong.You both have a good weekend :)[/p][/quote]You too - hope it's a (relatively) warm and dry one![/p][/quote]Have you looked at the thread about drink driving, there is someone going off on one there about the grammar lol retry69
  • Score: 0

7:58pm Fri 10 Jan 14

mightyturbo says...

Foul play or not, I'm sure the Police will work it out sooner than the Echo readers. I wonder if some speculators themselves may be suffering from the green eyed monster.
Foul play or not, I'm sure the Police will work it out sooner than the Echo readers. I wonder if some speculators themselves may be suffering from the green eyed monster. mightyturbo
  • Score: 2

8:13pm Fri 10 Jan 14

Specialist says...

They have upset someone along the way, hit them where it hurts and that seems to be the car!
They have upset someone along the way, hit them where it hurts and that seems to be the car! Specialist
  • Score: 3

8:15pm Fri 10 Jan 14

MCAME1989 says...

Mr_JTS wrote:
MCAME1989 wrote:
Mr_JTS wrote:
I know the girl this happened to, and she posted a Facebook status this morning with a ridiculous description of the "culprit". Me and friends think it was an insurance job for sure
I also saw something on Facebook!
Saying a porche carrera and an Audi tt
Surely this isn't the same one...as two totally different cars!?
That's the one. Her dad's Porsche Carrera 4s and her sisters 2 weeks old TT, there's a few more cars underneath the car port. Did you see she wrote how she "heard the car explode, and then saw a white male 20-24 years old in a Fred perry t-shirt and jeans running down the road with a petrol can". How on earth could she estimate his age, clothes etc in the dark, plus they would of been long gone by the time the car exploded!
Ha ha
As I looked out my window to see what the bang was....
I saw....
I did think it takes a good while for a car to explode!!
So...how many cars was it!
Why wasn't the mini mentioned on fb
[quote][p][bold]Mr_JTS[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MCAME1989[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr_JTS[/bold] wrote: I know the girl this happened to, and she posted a Facebook status this morning with a ridiculous description of the "culprit". Me and friends think it was an insurance job for sure[/p][/quote]I also saw something on Facebook! Saying a porche carrera and an Audi tt Surely this isn't the same one...as two totally different cars!?[/p][/quote]That's the one. Her dad's Porsche Carrera 4s and her sisters 2 weeks old TT, there's a few more cars underneath the car port. Did you see she wrote how she "heard the car explode, and then saw a white male 20-24 years old in a Fred perry t-shirt and jeans running down the road with a petrol can". How on earth could she estimate his age, clothes etc in the dark, plus they would of been long gone by the time the car exploded![/p][/quote]Ha ha As I looked out my window to see what the bang was.... I saw.... I did think it takes a good while for a car to explode!! So...how many cars was it! Why wasn't the mini mentioned on fb MCAME1989
  • Score: 3

11:41pm Fri 10 Jan 14

username is already in use says...

This family have a few enemies
This family have a few enemies username is already in use
  • Score: 1

8:11am Sat 11 Jan 14

Lord Spring says...

BIGTONE wrote:
Lord Spring wrote:
BIGTONE wrote:
Looks like some lunatic is upset.
They mistook it for the Conservatory.
It still has big windows though.
I thought it said Porch.
[quote][p][bold]BIGTONE[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lord Spring[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BIGTONE[/bold] wrote: Looks like some lunatic is upset.[/p][/quote]They mistook it for the Conservatory.[/p][/quote]It still has big windows though.[/p][/quote]I thought it said Porch. Lord Spring
  • Score: 3

12:13pm Sat 11 Jan 14

Mike R-B says...

Interestingly, if one drives ones vehicle through large puddles or floods and the upholstery is spoiled or engine suffers irepairable damage the insurance company would deny responsibility, however: if it caught fire !!!!
Interestingly, if one drives ones vehicle through large puddles or floods and the upholstery is spoiled or engine suffers irepairable damage the insurance company would deny responsibility, however: if it caught fire !!!! Mike R-B
  • Score: 0

12:17pm Sat 11 Jan 14

madras says...

Another report ('Crime author's £18,000 Porsche torched in "copycat" arson attack') states 'Petrol was also thrown over their 24-year-old daughter’s Audi TT '

So to answer one point above, if petrol was used and ignited it would have 'exploded' almost instantaneously

And to answer my own earlier question, that's presumably how they knew it was arson

All round though, not nice at all. Quite apart from the cars could have put lives in danger...
Another report ('Crime author's £18,000 Porsche torched in "copycat" arson attack') states 'Petrol was also thrown over their 24-year-old daughter’s Audi TT ' So to answer one point above, if petrol was used and ignited it would have 'exploded' almost instantaneously And to answer my own earlier question, that's presumably how they knew it was arson All round though, not nice at all. Quite apart from the cars could have put lives in danger... madras
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree