Police issue drugs warning after two men fall unconscious in Poole

POLICE have issued a drugs warning after two men collapsed in Ashley Cross, Poole, on Saturday night.

The men are believed to have taken an illegal controlled drug called Thai Valium shortly before they fell unconscious in the street at around 6pm.

Eye-witness Hayley King, who saw the incident unfold as she left work, said she saw one of the victims flat on his back on the ground with his arms spread out.

“They just collapsed,” she said.

“One of them was trying to pull the other one back on to his feet when he collapsed too, right on the ground.”

She said it was a shock because Ashley Cross is a nice area.

“It’s a lovely place, and you just don’t want that kind of thing happening around here,” she said.

Both of the men were taken to Poole General Hospital after the incident, with one, a 41-year-old, remaining sedated and in a stable condition.

The second, a 28-year-old, regained consciousness, but was kept in overnight to be monitored.

Tony Woodcock, ward councillor for Parkstone, said he was shocked to hear about the incident.

“I am horrified to hear about that,” he said.

“The problems always seem to be outside on the pavement – it doesn’t tend to happen inside the night-time venues.

“Of course, as one of three ward councillors, we are delighted there is a really strong night-time economy in Ashley Cross, but we have been conscious for a long time that we have got to be careful about how many nightclubs and bars we allow to be there. Ultimately, it is a residential area too.”

Detective Inspector Stewart Dipple of Dorset Police said: “We cannot confirm at this stage if it is the controlled drug that has made the two men unwell, or if it was the quantity of tablets that were taken that caused them to fall ill. Our primary concern is to prevent other people potentially falling ill from taking the same drugs.”

 

Comments (28)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:32pm Sun 10 Feb 13

boyerboy says...

"Condition stable"....bet he ate horse burgers.
"Condition stable"....bet he ate horse burgers. boyerboy

12:37pm Sun 10 Feb 13

spooki says...

Duh if you take drugs you run the risk of falling ill or dead. Then some poor person has to find you, paramedics have to come get you then police have to take up time looking into it all. 'Thai Vallium' does have a catchy name though, no? NO. Just NO.
Duh if you take drugs you run the risk of falling ill or dead. Then some poor person has to find you, paramedics have to come get you then police have to take up time looking into it all. 'Thai Vallium' does have a catchy name though, no? NO. Just NO. spooki

12:39pm Sun 10 Feb 13

moorsman70 says...

you mean drugs like alcohol or cigs?
you mean drugs like alcohol or cigs? moorsman70

1:38pm Sun 10 Feb 13

High Treason says...

Their choice, just a pity NHS resources are wasted on such people. Same with the drunks in A&E, a vast waste of money.
Their choice, just a pity NHS resources are wasted on such people. Same with the drunks in A&E, a vast waste of money. High Treason

2:24pm Sun 10 Feb 13

lelbel says...

well said high treason someone talking sense for a change
well said high treason someone talking sense for a change lelbel

2:57pm Sun 10 Feb 13

aerolover says...

Make them pay for the time wasted by everyone looking after them. Costs must run into thousands of pounds. Money better spent on health care for the elderly not wasted on idiots who just want a quick thrill.
Make them pay for the time wasted by everyone looking after them. Costs must run into thousands of pounds. Money better spent on health care for the elderly not wasted on idiots who just want a quick thrill. aerolover

3:06pm Sun 10 Feb 13

ukdragon says...

My daughter and I saw one of the "victims" yesterday, he was in a complete state, rolling on the floor - with one of his mates desperately trying to pull him to his feet.

As said here already, what a complete waste of NHS time
My daughter and I saw one of the "victims" yesterday, he was in a complete state, rolling on the floor - with one of his mates desperately trying to pull him to his feet. As said here already, what a complete waste of NHS time ukdragon

3:33pm Sun 10 Feb 13

elfinia says...

Aged 28 and 41 ! duh.

I suppose some people never learn.
Aged 28 and 41 ! duh. I suppose some people never learn. elfinia

4:38pm Sun 10 Feb 13

JamesBond0070 says...

Buying and intaking drugs or any other substance from unknown origin, is like playing Russian Roulette with a revolver gun with one or two live bullets in the chamber, putting to your head, and pulling the trigger.
Buying and intaking drugs or any other substance from unknown origin, is like playing Russian Roulette with a revolver gun with one or two live bullets in the chamber, putting to your head, and pulling the trigger. JamesBond0070

6:41pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Vintage1972 says...

Ashley Cross is a victim of its own success. I witness an argument between to 2 women outside the Britannia pub the other night. one went back in and the other waited out side in the rain to finish her pint then throw it in the rd to smash....
What a class country we live in !
Ashley Cross is a victim of its own success. I witness an argument between to 2 women outside the Britannia pub the other night. one went back in and the other waited out side in the rain to finish her pint then throw it in the rd to smash.... What a class country we live in ! Vintage1972

7:30pm Sun 10 Feb 13

ashleycross says...

Sadly some of the bars on ashley cross don't even have enough staff to clean the floor so you stick to it at any time of day, let alone keep a close enough eye on the punters to see who is too drunk to serve or who is dealing drugs. They should all have table service only and the police should get this condition put on their licenses immediately in response to the druggies using the area.Instead they have been rewarded for running with too few staff by a block being put on any competition opening up in the area. This is an incentive to keep running like this rather than clean up their floors and acts.
Sadly some of the bars on ashley cross don't even have enough staff to clean the floor so you stick to it at any time of day, let alone keep a close enough eye on the punters to see who is too drunk to serve or who is dealing drugs. They should all have table service only and the police should get this condition put on their licenses immediately in response to the druggies using the area.Instead they have been rewarded for running with too few staff by a block being put on any competition opening up in the area. This is an incentive to keep running like this rather than clean up their floors and acts. ashleycross

7:44pm Sun 10 Feb 13

HRH of Boscombe says...

JamesBond0070 wrote:
Buying and intaking drugs or any other substance from unknown origin, is like playing Russian Roulette with a revolver gun with one or two live bullets in the chamber, putting to your head, and pulling the trigger.
Ha,ha,ha. A little dramatic. People who are afraid to fly drink on Valium all the time
[quote][p][bold]JamesBond0070[/bold] wrote: Buying and intaking drugs or any other substance from unknown origin, is like playing Russian Roulette with a revolver gun with one or two live bullets in the chamber, putting to your head, and pulling the trigger.[/p][/quote]Ha,ha,ha. A little dramatic. People who are afraid to fly drink on Valium all the time HRH of Boscombe

11:26pm Sun 10 Feb 13

gameon says...

Vintage1972 wrote:
Ashley Cross is a victim of its own success. I witness an argument between to 2 women outside the Britannia pub the other night. one went back in and the other waited out side in the rain to finish her pint then throw it in the rd to smash....
What a class country we live in !
A woman with a Pint she sounds lovely still goes with The Ashley Cross scene,Full of The Dregs of Poole and beyond Fights and drugs abound there now The decent Guys go to Westbourne hope that doesnt get ruined by council and licencing allowing More Bars to open up which in turn attracts undesirables
[quote][p][bold]Vintage1972[/bold] wrote: Ashley Cross is a victim of its own success. I witness an argument between to 2 women outside the Britannia pub the other night. one went back in and the other waited out side in the rain to finish her pint then throw it in the rd to smash.... What a class country we live in ![/p][/quote]A woman with a Pint she sounds lovely still goes with The Ashley Cross scene,Full of The Dregs of Poole and beyond Fights and drugs abound there now The decent Guys go to Westbourne hope that doesnt get ruined by council and licencing allowing More Bars to open up which in turn attracts undesirables gameon

11:50pm Sun 10 Feb 13

guisselle says...

Guess the country pubs look more
inviting every day!
Guess the country pubs look more inviting every day! guisselle

1:55pm Mon 11 Feb 13

scrumpyjack says...

l'anglais wrote:
High Treason wrote:
Their choice, just a pity NHS resources are wasted on such people. Same with the drunks in A&E, a vast waste of money.
Fool

What about people having accidents? They're a self-inflicted burden on society and the NHS.

Should we stop all cases of hospitlisation until it meets your warped perspective of what care is all about.
A fool? For resenting the fact that people who don't know when to stop and when they have had enough cause us (the uk tax payer) to suffer further reduction in already stretched resources that we pay for.

And it's not just the NHS it's all the emergency services and the court system and the.......

I think you will find there are a lot of 'fools' who feel the same.

But you sit there and throw out the insults, it makes you look really wise...
[quote][p][bold]l'anglais[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]High Treason[/bold] wrote: Their choice, just a pity NHS resources are wasted on such people. Same with the drunks in A&E, a vast waste of money.[/p][/quote]Fool What about people having accidents? They're a self-inflicted burden on society and the NHS. Should we stop all cases of hospitlisation until it meets your warped perspective of what care is all about.[/p][/quote]A fool? For resenting the fact that people who don't know when to stop and when they have had enough cause us (the uk tax payer) to suffer further reduction in already stretched resources that we pay for. And it's not just the NHS it's all the emergency services and the court system and the....... I think you will find there are a lot of 'fools' who feel the same. But you sit there and throw out the insults, it makes you look really wise... scrumpyjack

2:18pm Mon 11 Feb 13

spooki says...

scrumpyjack wrote:
l'anglais wrote:
High Treason wrote:
Their choice, just a pity NHS resources are wasted on such people. Same with the drunks in A&E, a vast waste of money.
Fool

What about people having accidents? They're a self-inflicted burden on society and the NHS.

Should we stop all cases of hospitlisation until it meets your warped perspective of what care is all about.
A fool? For resenting the fact that people who don't know when to stop and when they have had enough cause us (the uk tax payer) to suffer further reduction in already stretched resources that we pay for.

And it's not just the NHS it's all the emergency services and the court system and the.......

I think you will find there are a lot of 'fools' who feel the same.

But you sit there and throw out the insults, it makes you look really wise...
I agree. These idiots CHOOSE to take a drug. Then they expect to be looked after by whichever emergency services they require. The name 'Accident & Emergency' gives it away really - its for ACCIDENTS AND EMERGENCIES not for foolish people who do stupid things.
[quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]l'anglais[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]High Treason[/bold] wrote: Their choice, just a pity NHS resources are wasted on such people. Same with the drunks in A&E, a vast waste of money.[/p][/quote]Fool What about people having accidents? They're a self-inflicted burden on society and the NHS. Should we stop all cases of hospitlisation until it meets your warped perspective of what care is all about.[/p][/quote]A fool? For resenting the fact that people who don't know when to stop and when they have had enough cause us (the uk tax payer) to suffer further reduction in already stretched resources that we pay for. And it's not just the NHS it's all the emergency services and the court system and the....... I think you will find there are a lot of 'fools' who feel the same. But you sit there and throw out the insults, it makes you look really wise...[/p][/quote]I agree. These idiots CHOOSE to take a drug. Then they expect to be looked after by whichever emergency services they require. The name 'Accident & Emergency' gives it away really - its for ACCIDENTS AND EMERGENCIES not for foolish people who do stupid things. spooki

2:20pm Mon 11 Feb 13

l'anglais says...

scrumpyjack wrote:
l'anglais wrote:
High Treason wrote:
Their choice, just a pity NHS resources are wasted on such people. Same with the drunks in A&E, a vast waste of money.
Fool

What about people having accidents? They're a self-inflicted burden on society and the NHS.

Should we stop all cases of hospitlisation until it meets your warped perspective of what care is all about.
A fool? For resenting the fact that people who don't know when to stop and when they have had enough cause us (the uk tax payer) to suffer further reduction in already stretched resources that we pay for.

And it's not just the NHS it's all the emergency services and the court system and the.......

I think you will find there are a lot of 'fools' who feel the same.

But you sit there and throw out the insults, it makes you look really wise...
There you go again, taxes that YOU paid for.
Be honest, how much tax did you pay in total last year?
The NHS is for all, smokers, junkies, obese, old, young, infirmed, speeding car drivers, basically anyone who lives.
You don't get a better service if you earn more and pay a higher rate of NHS on your earnings.
You don't get a rebate because you eat healthier food than someone else.
It's Socialism's flagship, that came as a direct result of Churchill and his Tories being shown up for the uncaring lot they are.

You don't get a rebate because you eat healthier food than someone else.

It would be rather foolish to think that some of us are less equal than others, wouldn't you agree?
[quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]l'anglais[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]High Treason[/bold] wrote: Their choice, just a pity NHS resources are wasted on such people. Same with the drunks in A&E, a vast waste of money.[/p][/quote]Fool What about people having accidents? They're a self-inflicted burden on society and the NHS. Should we stop all cases of hospitlisation until it meets your warped perspective of what care is all about.[/p][/quote]A fool? For resenting the fact that people who don't know when to stop and when they have had enough cause us (the uk tax payer) to suffer further reduction in already stretched resources that we pay for. And it's not just the NHS it's all the emergency services and the court system and the....... I think you will find there are a lot of 'fools' who feel the same. But you sit there and throw out the insults, it makes you look really wise...[/p][/quote]There you go again, taxes that YOU paid for. Be honest, how much tax did you pay in total last year? The NHS is for all, smokers, junkies, obese, old, young, infirmed, speeding car drivers, basically anyone who lives. You don't get a better service if you earn more and pay a higher rate of NHS on your earnings. You don't get a rebate because you eat healthier food than someone else. It's Socialism's flagship, that came as a direct result of Churchill and his Tories being shown up for the uncaring lot they are. You don't get a rebate because you eat healthier food than someone else. It would be rather foolish to think that some of us are less equal than others, wouldn't you agree? l'anglais

4:24pm Mon 11 Feb 13

aboobica says...

Ashley Cross used to be a really nice area but in my opinion it is loosing it's appeal.
Ashley Cross used to be a really nice area but in my opinion it is loosing it's appeal. aboobica

5:10pm Mon 11 Feb 13

scrumpyjack says...

l'anglais wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
l'anglais wrote:
High Treason wrote:
Their choice, just a pity NHS resources are wasted on such people. Same with the drunks in A&E, a vast waste of money.
Fool

What about people having accidents? They're a self-inflicted burden on society and the NHS.

Should we stop all cases of hospitlisation until it meets your warped perspective of what care is all about.
A fool? For resenting the fact that people who don't know when to stop and when they have had enough cause us (the uk tax payer) to suffer further reduction in already stretched resources that we pay for.

And it's not just the NHS it's all the emergency services and the court system and the.......

I think you will find there are a lot of 'fools' who feel the same.

But you sit there and throw out the insults, it makes you look really wise...
There you go again, taxes that YOU paid for.
Be honest, how much tax did you pay in total last year?
The NHS is for all, smokers, junkies, obese, old, young, infirmed, speeding car drivers, basically anyone who lives.
You don't get a better service if you earn more and pay a higher rate of NHS on your earnings.
You don't get a rebate because you eat healthier food than someone else.
It's Socialism's flagship, that came as a direct result of Churchill and his Tories being shown up for the uncaring lot they are.

You don't get a rebate because you eat healthier food than someone else.

It would be rather foolish to think that some of us are less equal than others, wouldn't you agree?
?

If you must know I will have paid a sum well into a five figures.

But the relevance of this is lost on me, other than the fact I pay it.

Therefore, I am entitled to have feelings if I see that money I pay is being wasted. In this case because some idiots abuse themselves to the point where they need the emergency services. Note, not because they have taken drugs per se.

Your rants and accusations are that of 'the empty vessel makes the most noise' ilk and do you no favours. You make no sense.

In fact the utter nonsense you are writing leaves me to the conclusion that you are best ignored.
[quote][p][bold]l'anglais[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]l'anglais[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]High Treason[/bold] wrote: Their choice, just a pity NHS resources are wasted on such people. Same with the drunks in A&E, a vast waste of money.[/p][/quote]Fool What about people having accidents? They're a self-inflicted burden on society and the NHS. Should we stop all cases of hospitlisation until it meets your warped perspective of what care is all about.[/p][/quote]A fool? For resenting the fact that people who don't know when to stop and when they have had enough cause us (the uk tax payer) to suffer further reduction in already stretched resources that we pay for. And it's not just the NHS it's all the emergency services and the court system and the....... I think you will find there are a lot of 'fools' who feel the same. But you sit there and throw out the insults, it makes you look really wise...[/p][/quote]There you go again, taxes that YOU paid for. Be honest, how much tax did you pay in total last year? The NHS is for all, smokers, junkies, obese, old, young, infirmed, speeding car drivers, basically anyone who lives. You don't get a better service if you earn more and pay a higher rate of NHS on your earnings. You don't get a rebate because you eat healthier food than someone else. It's Socialism's flagship, that came as a direct result of Churchill and his Tories being shown up for the uncaring lot they are. You don't get a rebate because you eat healthier food than someone else. It would be rather foolish to think that some of us are less equal than others, wouldn't you agree?[/p][/quote]? If you must know I will have paid a sum well into a five figures. But the relevance of this is lost on me, other than the fact I pay it. Therefore, I am entitled to have feelings if I see that money I pay is being wasted. In this case because some idiots abuse themselves to the point where they need the emergency services. Note, not because they have taken drugs per se. Your rants and accusations are that of 'the empty vessel makes the most noise' ilk and do you no favours. You make no sense. In fact the utter nonsense you are writing leaves me to the conclusion that you are best ignored. scrumpyjack

5:20pm Mon 11 Feb 13

l'anglais says...

scrumpyjack wrote:
l'anglais wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
l'anglais wrote:
High Treason wrote:
Their choice, just a pity NHS resources are wasted on such people. Same with the drunks in A&E, a vast waste of money.
Fool

What about people having accidents? They're a self-inflicted burden on society and the NHS.

Should we stop all cases of hospitlisation until it meets your warped perspective of what care is all about.
A fool? For resenting the fact that people who don't know when to stop and when they have had enough cause us (the uk tax payer) to suffer further reduction in already stretched resources that we pay for.

And it's not just the NHS it's all the emergency services and the court system and the.......

I think you will find there are a lot of 'fools' who feel the same.

But you sit there and throw out the insults, it makes you look really wise...
There you go again, taxes that YOU paid for.
Be honest, how much tax did you pay in total last year?
The NHS is for all, smokers, junkies, obese, old, young, infirmed, speeding car drivers, basically anyone who lives.
You don't get a better service if you earn more and pay a higher rate of NHS on your earnings.
You don't get a rebate because you eat healthier food than someone else.
It's Socialism's flagship, that came as a direct result of Churchill and his Tories being shown up for the uncaring lot they are.

You don't get a rebate because you eat healthier food than someone else.

It would be rather foolish to think that some of us are less equal than others, wouldn't you agree?
?

If you must know I will have paid a sum well into a five figures.

But the relevance of this is lost on me, other than the fact I pay it.

Therefore, I am entitled to have feelings if I see that money I pay is being wasted. In this case because some idiots abuse themselves to the point where they need the emergency services. Note, not because they have taken drugs per se.

Your rants and accusations are that of 'the empty vessel makes the most noise' ilk and do you no favours. You make no sense.

In fact the utter nonsense you are writing leaves me to the conclusion that you are best ignored.
Touché

However, and I repeat, what have you actually contributed to the NHS in financial or in terms of physical care, that gives your point of view any importance?
[quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]l'anglais[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]l'anglais[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]High Treason[/bold] wrote: Their choice, just a pity NHS resources are wasted on such people. Same with the drunks in A&E, a vast waste of money.[/p][/quote]Fool What about people having accidents? They're a self-inflicted burden on society and the NHS. Should we stop all cases of hospitlisation until it meets your warped perspective of what care is all about.[/p][/quote]A fool? For resenting the fact that people who don't know when to stop and when they have had enough cause us (the uk tax payer) to suffer further reduction in already stretched resources that we pay for. And it's not just the NHS it's all the emergency services and the court system and the....... I think you will find there are a lot of 'fools' who feel the same. But you sit there and throw out the insults, it makes you look really wise...[/p][/quote]There you go again, taxes that YOU paid for. Be honest, how much tax did you pay in total last year? The NHS is for all, smokers, junkies, obese, old, young, infirmed, speeding car drivers, basically anyone who lives. You don't get a better service if you earn more and pay a higher rate of NHS on your earnings. You don't get a rebate because you eat healthier food than someone else. It's Socialism's flagship, that came as a direct result of Churchill and his Tories being shown up for the uncaring lot they are. You don't get a rebate because you eat healthier food than someone else. It would be rather foolish to think that some of us are less equal than others, wouldn't you agree?[/p][/quote]? If you must know I will have paid a sum well into a five figures. But the relevance of this is lost on me, other than the fact I pay it. Therefore, I am entitled to have feelings if I see that money I pay is being wasted. In this case because some idiots abuse themselves to the point where they need the emergency services. Note, not because they have taken drugs per se. Your rants and accusations are that of 'the empty vessel makes the most noise' ilk and do you no favours. You make no sense. In fact the utter nonsense you are writing leaves me to the conclusion that you are best ignored.[/p][/quote]Touché However, and I repeat, what have you actually contributed to the NHS in financial or in terms of physical care, that gives your point of view any importance? l'anglais

6:08pm Mon 11 Feb 13

nottingham says...

Oh dear. Ashley Cross was a pleasant area now avoiding

Lets hope we do not have the start of a Boscombe Police need to crackdown and lets hope the idiot who sold these things gets banged up, although probably not knowing our justice system.

Hope these 2 get recharged for all the time that was spent by the hospital staff
Oh dear. Ashley Cross was a pleasant area now avoiding Lets hope we do not have the start of a Boscombe Police need to crackdown and lets hope the idiot who sold these things gets banged up, although probably not knowing our justice system. Hope these 2 get recharged for all the time that was spent by the hospital staff nottingham

8:04pm Mon 11 Feb 13

snake hips says...

What a waste of NHS resources.. The idiots should be made to pay costs involved or left to sleep it off in a cell..
What a waste of NHS resources.. The idiots should be made to pay costs involved or left to sleep it off in a cell.. snake hips

9:45pm Mon 11 Feb 13

ashleycross says...

I am very concerned that the police priority here is to stop other people from falling ill from taking this drug. I hope our new commissioner takes note. Most of us would like the police priority to be to prosecute the people who took the drugs for possession with pressing for penalties that reflect whether or not they inform on whoever supplied them. Public health is not what the police budget is for and they should leave that to the experts employed formerly by the NHS and now by the councils and get on with catching criminals. I hope they won't be let off because they've had a nasty shock poor dears but prosecuted for being the antisocial burdens on society that they are.
I am very concerned that the police priority here is to stop other people from falling ill from taking this drug. I hope our new commissioner takes note. Most of us would like the police priority to be to prosecute the people who took the drugs for possession with pressing for penalties that reflect whether or not they inform on whoever supplied them. Public health is not what the police budget is for and they should leave that to the experts employed formerly by the NHS and now by the councils and get on with catching criminals. I hope they won't be let off because they've had a nasty shock poor dears but prosecuted for being the antisocial burdens on society that they are. ashleycross

9:45pm Mon 11 Feb 13

ashleycross says...

I am very concerned that the police priority here is to stop other people from falling ill from taking this drug. I hope our new commissioner takes note. Most of us would like the police priority to be to prosecute the people who took the drugs for possession with pressing for penalties that reflect whether or not they inform on whoever supplied them. Public health is not what the police budget is for and they should leave that to the experts employed formerly by the NHS and now by the councils and get on with catching criminals. I hope they won't be let off because they've had a nasty shock poor dears but prosecuted for being the antisocial burdens on society that they are.
I am very concerned that the police priority here is to stop other people from falling ill from taking this drug. I hope our new commissioner takes note. Most of us would like the police priority to be to prosecute the people who took the drugs for possession with pressing for penalties that reflect whether or not they inform on whoever supplied them. Public health is not what the police budget is for and they should leave that to the experts employed formerly by the NHS and now by the councils and get on with catching criminals. I hope they won't be let off because they've had a nasty shock poor dears but prosecuted for being the antisocial burdens on society that they are. ashleycross

10:08pm Mon 11 Feb 13

ashleycross says...

If this had happened at 11pm no one would have even bothered to call an ambulance because it would have been assumed to be through drinking too much and the criminals, ie the licensees who serve customers that much are getting away with this all the time because there doesn't seem to be any policy of removing their licenses for serving people who are already drunk. It is a crime, but just as missing bike lights wasn't enforced for years, this crime is currently unenforced. In fact there is also a national stand off between chief constables and ambulance services over who should pick up people who are drunk and incapable as the police are so reluctant to enforce the drunk and incapable legislation and are trying to push them all onto the ambulance crews.
If this had happened at 11pm no one would have even bothered to call an ambulance because it would have been assumed to be through drinking too much and the criminals, ie the licensees who serve customers that much are getting away with this all the time because there doesn't seem to be any policy of removing their licenses for serving people who are already drunk. It is a crime, but just as missing bike lights wasn't enforced for years, this crime is currently unenforced. In fact there is also a national stand off between chief constables and ambulance services over who should pick up people who are drunk and incapable as the police are so reluctant to enforce the drunk and incapable legislation and are trying to push them all onto the ambulance crews. ashleycross

9:01pm Wed 13 Feb 13

Dibbles2 says...

ashleycross wrote:
Sadly some of the bars on ashley cross don't even have enough staff to clean the floor so you stick to it at any time of day, let alone keep a close enough eye on the punters to see who is too drunk to serve or who is dealing drugs. They should all have table service only and the police should get this condition put on their licenses immediately in response to the druggies using the area.Instead they have been rewarded for running with too few staff by a block being put on any competition opening up in the area. This is an incentive to keep running like this rather than clean up their floors and acts.
Seriously? Businesses are struggling enough in todays climate and most can barely afford the staff they do have! Can you provide evidence of your claims to the relevant people because if not yo are tarring all the venues in Ashley Cross with the same brush. I suppose they would need to be escorted to the toilets too because thats were it generally hapens and not at a table. DUH as your so obviously exerienced in this type of thing i beg to ask the qustion if you dont like it why do you frequent these places?
[quote][p][bold]ashleycross[/bold] wrote: Sadly some of the bars on ashley cross don't even have enough staff to clean the floor so you stick to it at any time of day, let alone keep a close enough eye on the punters to see who is too drunk to serve or who is dealing drugs. They should all have table service only and the police should get this condition put on their licenses immediately in response to the druggies using the area.Instead they have been rewarded for running with too few staff by a block being put on any competition opening up in the area. This is an incentive to keep running like this rather than clean up their floors and acts.[/p][/quote]Seriously? Businesses are struggling enough in todays climate and most can barely afford the staff they do have! Can you provide evidence of your claims to the relevant people because if not yo are tarring all the venues in Ashley Cross with the same brush. I suppose they would need to be escorted to the toilets too because thats were it generally hapens and not at a table. DUH as your so obviously exerienced in this type of thing i beg to ask the qustion if you dont like it why do you frequent these places? Dibbles2

9:01pm Wed 13 Feb 13

Dibbles2 says...

ashleycross wrote:
Sadly some of the bars on ashley cross don't even have enough staff to clean the floor so you stick to it at any time of day, let alone keep a close enough eye on the punters to see who is too drunk to serve or who is dealing drugs. They should all have table service only and the police should get this condition put on their licenses immediately in response to the druggies using the area.Instead they have been rewarded for running with too few staff by a block being put on any competition opening up in the area. This is an incentive to keep running like this rather than clean up their floors and acts.
Seriously? Businesses are struggling enough in todays climate and most can barely afford the staff they do have! Can you provide evidence of your claims to the relevant people because if not yo are tarring all the venues in Ashley Cross with the same brush. I suppose they would need to be escorted to the toilets too because thats were it generally hapens and not at a table. DUH as your so obviously exerienced in this type of thing i beg to ask the qustion if you dont like it why do you frequent these places?
[quote][p][bold]ashleycross[/bold] wrote: Sadly some of the bars on ashley cross don't even have enough staff to clean the floor so you stick to it at any time of day, let alone keep a close enough eye on the punters to see who is too drunk to serve or who is dealing drugs. They should all have table service only and the police should get this condition put on their licenses immediately in response to the druggies using the area.Instead they have been rewarded for running with too few staff by a block being put on any competition opening up in the area. This is an incentive to keep running like this rather than clean up their floors and acts.[/p][/quote]Seriously? Businesses are struggling enough in todays climate and most can barely afford the staff they do have! Can you provide evidence of your claims to the relevant people because if not yo are tarring all the venues in Ashley Cross with the same brush. I suppose they would need to be escorted to the toilets too because thats were it generally hapens and not at a table. DUH as your so obviously exerienced in this type of thing i beg to ask the qustion if you dont like it why do you frequent these places? Dibbles2

9:08pm Wed 13 Feb 13

Dibbles2 says...

ashleycross wrote:
If this had happened at 11pm no one would have even bothered to call an ambulance because it would have been assumed to be through drinking too much and the criminals, ie the licensees who serve customers that much are getting away with this all the time because there doesn't seem to be any policy of removing their licenses for serving people who are already drunk. It is a crime, but just as missing bike lights wasn't enforced for years, this crime is currently unenforced. In fact there is also a national stand off between chief constables and ambulance services over who should pick up people who are drunk and incapable as the police are so reluctant to enforce the drunk and incapable legislation and are trying to push them all onto the ambulance crews.
These people get tanked up before they go in nowadays. I would also like to point out to everyone of you on this site, those people could have been your sons or daughters! Can you honesty say without a shadow of a doubt your child has not dabbled? It doesnt make it right but due to the fact kids are taught about drugs from the age of 5, yes I said 5 and by the time they go through year after year of being told they re bad for you and never witnessing the consequences by the time they are offered it they have been well primed to say"actually you know what for 10 -15 years people have been telling me not to do this but what the hell!" Lets pop a pill!

Drugs education in this country is poor and doesnt tell kids what can really happen. Lets not wrap them up in cotton wool but show them the damage they really cause, to individuals, families and the community.
[quote][p][bold]ashleycross[/bold] wrote: If this had happened at 11pm no one would have even bothered to call an ambulance because it would have been assumed to be through drinking too much and the criminals, ie the licensees who serve customers that much are getting away with this all the time because there doesn't seem to be any policy of removing their licenses for serving people who are already drunk. It is a crime, but just as missing bike lights wasn't enforced for years, this crime is currently unenforced. In fact there is also a national stand off between chief constables and ambulance services over who should pick up people who are drunk and incapable as the police are so reluctant to enforce the drunk and incapable legislation and are trying to push them all onto the ambulance crews.[/p][/quote]These people get tanked up before they go in nowadays. I would also like to point out to everyone of you on this site, those people could have been your sons or daughters! Can you honesty say without a shadow of a doubt your child has not dabbled? It doesnt make it right but due to the fact kids are taught about drugs from the age of 5, yes I said 5 and by the time they go through year after year of being told they re bad for you and never witnessing the consequences by the time they are offered it they have been well primed to say"actually you know what for 10 -15 years people have been telling me not to do this but what the hell!" Lets pop a pill! Drugs education in this country is poor and doesnt tell kids what can really happen. Lets not wrap them up in cotton wool but show them the damage they really cause, to individuals, families and the community. Dibbles2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree