LiveRobbery at Lloyds in Ringwood

First published in News
Last updated

This live event has finished

Summary

  • Robbery at Lloyds TSB in Ringwood at around 9am
  • Two men on a scooter rode up behind a security guard and stole a briefcase of cash
  • Residents chased the robbers up the street but were unable to catch them.
  • The Black Honda SH300 scooter was later found abandoned at Narrow Lane in Poulner
  • Witness claims he was told £25,000 was taken by the robbers

1:32pm

Estate agent, Elliot Fensom, 22, said: "I was sitting here and heard shouting outside. I looked out and saw two guys with scarves over their faces speeding down the road on a moped, with our window cleaner chasing after them.

"It was all over very quickly. It's a bit of a shock, not exactly the sort of thing you expect to see in a lovely area like this."

1:28pm

Daniel Champion, 36, owner of Headcase Barbers, said: "I was cutting a client's hair and heard shouting outside the shop. I saw a man on a scooter and another man chasing after him.

"I thought it was a hit and run, then noticed that a money box had been dropped on the ground. My father used an umbrella to keep the rain off the box and preserve any forensic evidence then someone from the bank took over.

"It's a sign of the times, probably two character who thought Ringwood was a soft target."

12:52pm

According to police the robbers rode off along Mansfield Road towards the dual carriageway on a Black Honda SH300, scooter-style motorbike.

The bike has since been found abandoned at Narrow Lane in Poulner near the slip road on to the A31 eastbound.

The cash cassette was found abandoned and empty nearby.

The motorbike rider was wearing dark clothing and a black helmet. It’s thought likely they travelled from outside the area to commit the robbery.

Detectives are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information about the crime to contact them.

Anyone with information is asked to call Lyndhurst CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

12:36pm

Bournemouth Echo:

Chris Patterson at the butchers said he saw the robbers throw the open money case.

He said: "The case came flying out open. The guys at Lloyds reckon those cases just pop open and they were gone in seconds. They disappeared quickly and someone from Lloyds told me they got £25,000."

12:20pm

Another local trader, who did not wish to be named, told the Echo: “I’m glad I wasn’t here because I’m the sort of guy who has to do something if he can.

“Something like this is a bit unexpected in Ringwood. It’s a quiet little market town. I haven’t called the police in six years.”

12:19pm

A hairdresser who works near to the bank, said: “My mum went to the cashpoint at Lloyds TSB and saw two people on a motorbike who appeared to have a gun. She just jumped into her car drove off.”

Hampshire Constabulary however, have said they are confident the duo did not have a gun during the robbery.

11:58am

Arron said Lloyds staff were inside the bank when they heard a commotion outside.

Other witnesses said there was a struggle with the Securicor guard before the two robbers pulled his case from him.

11:56am

Here's window cleaner Graham talking about how he chased the robbers:

 

11:52am

We're just hearing more from our reporter Arron, who is still at the scene in Ringwood. He says Lloyds TSB has just reopened.

11:45am

Alison Howell, secretary of Ringwood Chamber of Commerce said she had only just heard about the incident.

"Someone just told me it was on your website but I only know very vague details", she said.

"Whatever the circumstances, a robbery or attempted robbery is unusual in Ringwood.

"It's quite shocking. I hope the person involved is okay.

"Unfortunately these incidents are becoming more common and no area is immune.

"It's a sign of the times.

"But I think traders will be shocked, I think something like this would shock any community.

"It may lead to people taking extra precautions about how they deal with money in their tills, take extra safety steps.

"People look out for each other anyway but this incident could emphasise that even further."

11:28am

Here's some video from our photographer Jon at the scene:

11:19am

And here's a picture of Graham.

Bournemouth Echo:

11:18am

As we said earlier, reporter Arron has been speaking to Graham Gore-Thorne, a window cleaner, who was among five or six people who chased after the robbers as they fled.

He said: “I was walking down the road when I noticed a scooter with its headlights on. I heard a commotion and somebody shouted and this man outside the bank grabbed a case from the security guards.

"He jumped on the back of the scooter and as he got on, he opened the case and took the money out.

"When he threw the case on the floor, everyone stopped to look at it and they drove on, the wrong way up a one-way street.”

He says he was told they'd stolen £25,000.

11:15am

Bournemouth Echo:

11:14am

Photographer Jon has just sent in these pics of the scene...

Bournemouth Echo:

11:03am

11:01am

Our reporter Arron Hendy has just arrived in Ringwood and is chatting to the window cleaner who chased the robbers down the road. We'll have full details shortly.

10:58am

A member of staff from Reeve Bakery in the High Street said there were still police in the town now but no-one had been into the shop.

She did not see what happened but said there were a number of police there.

10:57am

Alison Smith, who owns the Simply Beauty salon close by, said it happened between 9 and 9.15am.

Bournemouth Echo:

"I heard the shouting going on. In between going from the bank to the van apparently a motorbike pulled up with two guys on - one grabbed the bag and they rode off.

"It's been a bit of a shock of a morning.

"There are quite a lot of police officers out and about and the van is still there.

"I don't think anybody was injured but everyone is shocked that it was broad daylight and happened so quickly."

10:55am

Apparently there was a helicopter up earlier following the incident

10:49am

Jonathan Boswell, who owns Food for Thought on High Street, said: "There's everybody everywhere at the moment doing the forensic stuff.

"It happened before I got here to open the shop, the police cars overtook me while I was driving."

10:49am

Nicola Deedman who is working at the offices at Framptons said she had heard there were lots of police outside LLoyds but she was not entirely sure what happened.

"I heard there was some kind of incident but that's all. The bank is closed."

10:43am

Mike Patterson, of W Patterson Butchers in High Street, has told us: "They were on a little scooter and headed up the High Street.

Bournemouth Echo:

"It was a Securicor van. The scooter has been abandoned somewhere I have heard.

"Someone from the bank told me one of them was armed."

10:41am


 

10:41am

10:37am

10:37am

Two men on motorbikes have stolen cash-in-transit from a security guard at Lloyds TSB in Ringwood this morning.

Police have confirmed that money was taken from a security guard at the bank as it opened.

More follows.

Comments (21)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:54am Fri 1 Feb 13

Big Mac says...

Well was it a scooter or a motorbike?
Different views from eye witnesses here. CCTV anywhere?
Well was it a scooter or a motorbike? Different views from eye witnesses here. CCTV anywhere? Big Mac
  • Score: 0

12:23pm Fri 1 Feb 13

Malcy says...

This is unbelievable, everyone near a Bank is potentially a Robber especially when a supply of money is being delivered, I'd be suspicious of the Security Guards first, this should never happen, did they inform or were they talking to much and not concentrating? I as a citizen am aware when walking anywhere to be vigilant but when responsible for money in a Vehicle and it's my livelyhood I'd put my life on it, if I was the Driver of the Security Van my eyes would be everywhere looking at the Mirrors, if necessary circle and pass the Bank of destination once/ twice to be sure of an all clear, those Scums who robbed the Guards will be laughing there Socks off, let's hope not for long
This is unbelievable, everyone near a Bank is potentially a Robber especially when a supply of money is being delivered, I'd be suspicious of the Security Guards first, this should never happen, did they inform or were they talking to much and not concentrating? I as a citizen am aware when walking anywhere to be vigilant but when responsible for money in a Vehicle and it's my livelyhood I'd put my life on it, if I was the Driver of the Security Van my eyes would be everywhere looking at the Mirrors, if necessary circle and pass the Bank of destination once/ twice to be sure of an all clear, those Scums who robbed the Guards will be laughing there Socks off, let's hope not for long Malcy
  • Score: 0

12:38pm Fri 1 Feb 13

John T says...

'Hampshire Constabulary have said that they are confident that the duo did not have a gun during the robbery.'
Yet, the Echo sensationalises this as its headline screams: 'Armed robbery at Lloyds in Ringwood'

Who should we believe...the Echo or the Police?
Plebs?!?
'Hampshire Constabulary have said that they are confident that the duo did not have a gun during the robbery.' Yet, the Echo sensationalises this as its headline screams: 'Armed robbery at Lloyds in Ringwood' Who should we believe...the Echo or the Police? Plebs?!? John T
  • Score: 0

12:46pm Fri 1 Feb 13

loobyloo1970 says...

Malcy wrote:
This is unbelievable, everyone near a Bank is potentially a Robber especially when a supply of money is being delivered, I'd be suspicious of the Security Guards first, this should never happen, did they inform or were they talking to much and not concentrating? I as a citizen am aware when walking anywhere to be vigilant but when responsible for money in a Vehicle and it's my livelyhood I'd put my life on it, if I was the Driver of the Security Van my eyes would be everywhere looking at the Mirrors, if necessary circle and pass the Bank of destination once/ twice to be sure of an all clear, those Scums who robbed the Guards will be laughing there Socks off, let's hope not for long
well said
[quote][p][bold]Malcy[/bold] wrote: This is unbelievable, everyone near a Bank is potentially a Robber especially when a supply of money is being delivered, I'd be suspicious of the Security Guards first, this should never happen, did they inform or were they talking to much and not concentrating? I as a citizen am aware when walking anywhere to be vigilant but when responsible for money in a Vehicle and it's my livelyhood I'd put my life on it, if I was the Driver of the Security Van my eyes would be everywhere looking at the Mirrors, if necessary circle and pass the Bank of destination once/ twice to be sure of an all clear, those Scums who robbed the Guards will be laughing there Socks off, let's hope not for long[/p][/quote]well said loobyloo1970
  • Score: 0

12:48pm Fri 1 Feb 13

chrisja says...

Lol I can't believe news is so slow this non-story of 2 chavs nicking a case of money has been turned into a 'live thread' by the Echo. Pathetic.
Lol I can't believe news is so slow this non-story of 2 chavs nicking a case of money has been turned into a 'live thread' by the Echo. Pathetic. chrisja
  • Score: 0

12:56pm Fri 1 Feb 13

Ciaran says...

John T wrote:
'Hampshire Constabulary have said that they are confident that the duo did not have a gun during the robbery.'
Yet, the Echo sensationalises this as its headline screams: 'Armed robbery at Lloyds in Ringwood'

Who should we believe...the Echo or the Police?
Plebs?!?
You don't need to have a gun to be armed.

It's usually a good idea to understand what you're reading before commenting on it and insulting people.
[quote][p][bold]John T[/bold] wrote: 'Hampshire Constabulary have said that they are confident that the duo did not have a gun during the robbery.' Yet, the Echo sensationalises this as its headline screams: 'Armed robbery at Lloyds in Ringwood' Who should we believe...the Echo or the Police? Plebs?!?[/p][/quote]You don't need to have a gun to be armed. It's usually a good idea to understand what you're reading before commenting on it and insulting people. Ciaran
  • Score: 0

1:07pm Fri 1 Feb 13

bosco1 says...

Glad nobody was hurt in this situation.I always thought that these cases were both locked, chained to the security guards and once the case was opened being forced it would spray/cover all the bank notes with a dye to mark them and make them useless.?? I am going back a few years ago, maybe things have changed, although it seemed a good idea at the time.?!!
Glad nobody was hurt in this situation.I always thought that these cases were both locked, chained to the security guards and once the case was opened being forced it would spray/cover all the bank notes with a dye to mark them and make them useless.?? I am going back a few years ago, maybe things have changed, although it seemed a good idea at the time.?!! bosco1
  • Score: 0

1:32pm Fri 1 Feb 13

mezzi02 says...

bosco1 wrote:
Glad nobody was hurt in this situation.I always thought that these cases were both locked, chained to the security guards and once the case was opened being forced it would spray/cover all the bank notes with a dye to mark them and make them useless.?? I am going back a few years ago, maybe things have changed, although it seemed a good idea at the time.?!!
I was just about to say the same thing!! it seems a complete lack of security to me that two people on a scooter could commit this sort of crime so easily! Surely the guards should have been more vigilant?
[quote][p][bold]bosco1[/bold] wrote: Glad nobody was hurt in this situation.I always thought that these cases were both locked, chained to the security guards and once the case was opened being forced it would spray/cover all the bank notes with a dye to mark them and make them useless.?? I am going back a few years ago, maybe things have changed, although it seemed a good idea at the time.?!![/p][/quote]I was just about to say the same thing!! it seems a complete lack of security to me that two people on a scooter could commit this sort of crime so easily! Surely the guards should have been more vigilant? mezzi02
  • Score: 0

1:33pm Fri 1 Feb 13

SotonLad says...

Firstly, from the info on here at the moment this sounds like a theft and not a robbery.

Secondly, where are the Echo reports? This is pathetic. Allowing all these comments and hearsay from potential witnesses could damage or destroy and future court case. A cheap story without any actual journalism.

VERY unprofessional of the Echo, as usual.
Firstly, from the info on here at the moment this sounds like a theft and not a robbery. Secondly, where are the Echo reports? This is pathetic. Allowing all these comments and hearsay from potential witnesses could damage or destroy and future court case. A cheap story without any actual journalism. VERY unprofessional of the Echo, as usual. SotonLad
  • Score: 0

1:58pm Fri 1 Feb 13

scrumpyjack says...

Malcy wrote:
This is unbelievable, everyone near a Bank is potentially a Robber especially when a supply of money is being delivered, I'd be suspicious of the Security Guards first, this should never happen, did they inform or were they talking to much and not concentrating? I as a citizen am aware when walking anywhere to be vigilant but when responsible for money in a Vehicle and it's my livelyhood I'd put my life on it, if I was the Driver of the Security Van my eyes would be everywhere looking at the Mirrors, if necessary circle and pass the Bank of destination once/ twice to be sure of an all clear, those Scums who robbed the Guards will be laughing there Socks off, let's hope not for long
Well done Jean Claude Van Damme.

As a 'citizen' I feel a little safer walking the streets just knowing you're out there, some where.
[quote][p][bold]Malcy[/bold] wrote: This is unbelievable, everyone near a Bank is potentially a Robber especially when a supply of money is being delivered, I'd be suspicious of the Security Guards first, this should never happen, did they inform or were they talking to much and not concentrating? I as a citizen am aware when walking anywhere to be vigilant but when responsible for money in a Vehicle and it's my livelyhood I'd put my life on it, if I was the Driver of the Security Van my eyes would be everywhere looking at the Mirrors, if necessary circle and pass the Bank of destination once/ twice to be sure of an all clear, those Scums who robbed the Guards will be laughing there Socks off, let's hope not for long[/p][/quote]Well done Jean Claude Van Damme. As a 'citizen' I feel a little safer walking the streets just knowing you're out there, some where. scrumpyjack
  • Score: 0

2:04pm Fri 1 Feb 13

scrumpyjack says...

loobyloo1970 wrote:
Malcy wrote:
This is unbelievable, everyone near a Bank is potentially a Robber especially when a supply of money is being delivered, I'd be suspicious of the Security Guards first, this should never happen, did they inform or were they talking to much and not concentrating? I as a citizen am aware when walking anywhere to be vigilant but when responsible for money in a Vehicle and it's my livelyhood I'd put my life on it, if I was the Driver of the Security Van my eyes would be everywhere looking at the Mirrors, if necessary circle and pass the Bank of destination once/ twice to be sure of an all clear, those Scums who robbed the Guards will be laughing there Socks off, let's hope not for long
well said
They came racing up on scooters while they the guard was walking from the van to the bank.

Well said??????????

I would love, just love, to see you two if confronted by two armed robbers. In fact I would pay to see it.
[quote][p][bold]loobyloo1970[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Malcy[/bold] wrote: This is unbelievable, everyone near a Bank is potentially a Robber especially when a supply of money is being delivered, I'd be suspicious of the Security Guards first, this should never happen, did they inform or were they talking to much and not concentrating? I as a citizen am aware when walking anywhere to be vigilant but when responsible for money in a Vehicle and it's my livelyhood I'd put my life on it, if I was the Driver of the Security Van my eyes would be everywhere looking at the Mirrors, if necessary circle and pass the Bank of destination once/ twice to be sure of an all clear, those Scums who robbed the Guards will be laughing there Socks off, let's hope not for long[/p][/quote]well said[/p][/quote]They came racing up on scooters while they the guard was walking from the van to the bank. Well said?????????? I would love, just love, to see you two if confronted by two armed robbers. In fact I would pay to see it. scrumpyjack
  • Score: 0

4:17pm Fri 1 Feb 13

Iceman12345 says...

mezzi02 wrote:
bosco1 wrote:
Glad nobody was hurt in this situation.I always thought that these cases were both locked, chained to the security guards and once the case was opened being forced it would spray/cover all the bank notes with a dye to mark them and make them useless.?? I am going back a few years ago, maybe things have changed, although it seemed a good idea at the time.?!!
I was just about to say the same thing!! it seems a complete lack of security to me that two people on a scooter could commit this sort of crime so easily! Surely the guards should have been more vigilant?
Not when the attacker comes from behind you muppet
[quote][p][bold]mezzi02[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bosco1[/bold] wrote: Glad nobody was hurt in this situation.I always thought that these cases were both locked, chained to the security guards and once the case was opened being forced it would spray/cover all the bank notes with a dye to mark them and make them useless.?? I am going back a few years ago, maybe things have changed, although it seemed a good idea at the time.?!![/p][/quote]I was just about to say the same thing!! it seems a complete lack of security to me that two people on a scooter could commit this sort of crime so easily! Surely the guards should have been more vigilant?[/p][/quote]Not when the attacker comes from behind you muppet Iceman12345
  • Score: 0

4:18pm Fri 1 Feb 13

John T says...

Ciaran wrote:
John T wrote:
'Hampshire Constabulary have said that they are confident that the duo did not have a gun during the robbery.'
Yet, the Echo sensationalises this as its headline screams: 'Armed robbery at Lloyds in Ringwood'

Who should we believe...the Echo or the Police?
Plebs?!?
You don't need to have a gun to be armed.

It's usually a good idea to understand what you're reading before commenting on it and insulting people.
Before sticking the knife in, Rumpole, where is there any evidence that the robbers were armed; apart that is from the inadmissible hearsay comment of Butcher, Mike Patterson, that: 'Someone from the bank told me that one of them was armed.'
Then again, someone from the Bank told me in 2007 to invest all my money in bank shares. Fortunately, I took no notice of what they told me.
I am pleased to see that the Echo have now amended their headline and deleted reference to 'Armed' Robbery.
[quote][p][bold]Ciaran[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]John T[/bold] wrote: 'Hampshire Constabulary have said that they are confident that the duo did not have a gun during the robbery.' Yet, the Echo sensationalises this as its headline screams: 'Armed robbery at Lloyds in Ringwood' Who should we believe...the Echo or the Police? Plebs?!?[/p][/quote]You don't need to have a gun to be armed. It's usually a good idea to understand what you're reading before commenting on it and insulting people.[/p][/quote]Before sticking the knife in, Rumpole, where is there any evidence that the robbers were armed; apart that is from the inadmissible hearsay comment of Butcher, Mike Patterson, that: 'Someone from the bank told me that one of them was armed.' Then again, someone from the Bank told me in 2007 to invest all my money in bank shares. Fortunately, I took no notice of what they told me. I am pleased to see that the Echo have now amended their headline and deleted reference to 'Armed' Robbery. John T
  • Score: 0

4:19pm Fri 1 Feb 13

Iceman12345 says...

scrumpyjack wrote:
loobyloo1970 wrote:
Malcy wrote:
This is unbelievable, everyone near a Bank is potentially a Robber especially when a supply of money is being delivered, I'd be suspicious of the Security Guards first, this should never happen, did they inform or were they talking to much and not concentrating? I as a citizen am aware when walking anywhere to be vigilant but when responsible for money in a Vehicle and it's my livelyhood I'd put my life on it, if I was the Driver of the Security Van my eyes would be everywhere looking at the Mirrors, if necessary circle and pass the Bank of destination once/ twice to be sure of an all clear, those Scums who robbed the Guards will be laughing there Socks off, let's hope not for long
well said
They came racing up on scooters while they the guard was walking from the van to the bank.

Well said??????????

I would love, just love, to see you two if confronted by two armed robbers. In fact I would pay to see it.
I think malcy needs to get in the real world
[quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]loobyloo1970[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Malcy[/bold] wrote: This is unbelievable, everyone near a Bank is potentially a Robber especially when a supply of money is being delivered, I'd be suspicious of the Security Guards first, this should never happen, did they inform or were they talking to much and not concentrating? I as a citizen am aware when walking anywhere to be vigilant but when responsible for money in a Vehicle and it's my livelyhood I'd put my life on it, if I was the Driver of the Security Van my eyes would be everywhere looking at the Mirrors, if necessary circle and pass the Bank of destination once/ twice to be sure of an all clear, those Scums who robbed the Guards will be laughing there Socks off, let's hope not for long[/p][/quote]well said[/p][/quote]They came racing up on scooters while they the guard was walking from the van to the bank. Well said?????????? I would love, just love, to see you two if confronted by two armed robbers. In fact I would pay to see it.[/p][/quote]I think malcy needs to get in the real world Iceman12345
  • Score: 0

4:41pm Fri 1 Feb 13

Hessenford says...

Make a change for a bank to get turned over, its normally the customers.
Make a change for a bank to get turned over, its normally the customers. Hessenford
  • Score: 0

10:34pm Fri 1 Feb 13

ben12341979 says...

Another pathetic story - Live updates, screen shots of google maps, tweets, pictures of all the people who reckon they saw it!! What a joke! Cheap reporters desperate to make a mountain out of a mole hill!
Another pathetic story - Live updates, screen shots of google maps, tweets, pictures of all the people who reckon they saw it!! What a joke! Cheap reporters desperate to make a mountain out of a mole hill! ben12341979
  • Score: 0

12:42am Sat 2 Feb 13

scrumpyjack says...

ben12341979 wrote:
Another pathetic story - Live updates, screen shots of google maps, tweets, pictures of all the people who reckon they saw it!! What a joke! Cheap reporters desperate to make a mountain out of a mole hill!
To be fair that is a bit harsh, It was a robbery in a quiet town that possibly netted £25k.

Be glad that such a thing does invoke such a response. I imagine this happens in certain parts of the UK and actually not even making the headline news,
[quote][p][bold]ben12341979[/bold] wrote: Another pathetic story - Live updates, screen shots of google maps, tweets, pictures of all the people who reckon they saw it!! What a joke! Cheap reporters desperate to make a mountain out of a mole hill![/p][/quote]To be fair that is a bit harsh, It was a robbery in a quiet town that possibly netted £25k. Be glad that such a thing does invoke such a response. I imagine this happens in certain parts of the UK and actually not even making the headline news, scrumpyjack
  • Score: 0

8:40am Sat 2 Feb 13

SotonLad says...

Firstly, from the info on here at the moment this sounds like a theft and not a robbery.

Secondly, where are the Echo reports? This is pathetic. Allowing all these comments and hearsay from potential witnesses could damage or destroy and future court case. A cheap story without any actual journalism.

VERY unprofessional of the Echo, as usual.
Firstly, from the info on here at the moment this sounds like a theft and not a robbery. Secondly, where are the Echo reports? This is pathetic. Allowing all these comments and hearsay from potential witnesses could damage or destroy and future court case. A cheap story without any actual journalism. VERY unprofessional of the Echo, as usual. SotonLad
  • Score: 0

9:46am Sat 2 Feb 13

ben12341979 says...

scrumpyjack wrote:
ben12341979 wrote:
Another pathetic story - Live updates, screen shots of google maps, tweets, pictures of all the people who reckon they saw it!! What a joke! Cheap reporters desperate to make a mountain out of a mole hill!
To be fair that is a bit harsh, It was a robbery in a quiet town that possibly netted £25k.

Be glad that such a thing does invoke such a response. I imagine this happens in certain parts of the UK and actually not even making the headline news,
Invoke such a response from who? The police or the echo? I expect there were more reporters with there phones out taking pictures than police officers dealing with it!
[quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ben12341979[/bold] wrote: Another pathetic story - Live updates, screen shots of google maps, tweets, pictures of all the people who reckon they saw it!! What a joke! Cheap reporters desperate to make a mountain out of a mole hill![/p][/quote]To be fair that is a bit harsh, It was a robbery in a quiet town that possibly netted £25k. Be glad that such a thing does invoke such a response. I imagine this happens in certain parts of the UK and actually not even making the headline news,[/p][/quote]Invoke such a response from who? The police or the echo? I expect there were more reporters with there phones out taking pictures than police officers dealing with it! ben12341979
  • Score: 0

11:48am Sat 2 Feb 13

Iceman12345 says...

SotonLad wrote:
Firstly, from the info on here at the moment this sounds like a theft and not a robbery.

Secondly, where are the Echo reports? This is pathetic. Allowing all these comments and hearsay from potential witnesses could damage or destroy and future court case. A cheap story without any actual journalism.

VERY unprofessional of the Echo, as usual.
Think you should read this first

Robbery is the crime of taking or attempting to take something of value by force or threat of force or by putting the victim in fear. At common law, robbery is defined as taking the property of another, with the intent to permanently deprive the person of that property, by means of force or fear. Precise definitions of the offence may vary between jurisdictions. Robbery differs from simple theft in its use of violence and intimidation.
[quote][p][bold]SotonLad[/bold] wrote: Firstly, from the info on here at the moment this sounds like a theft and not a robbery. Secondly, where are the Echo reports? This is pathetic. Allowing all these comments and hearsay from potential witnesses could damage or destroy and future court case. A cheap story without any actual journalism. VERY unprofessional of the Echo, as usual.[/p][/quote]Think you should read this first Robbery is the crime of taking or attempting to take something of value by force or threat of force or by putting the victim in fear. At common law, robbery is defined as taking the property of another, with the intent to permanently deprive the person of that property, by means of force or fear.[2] Precise definitions of the offence may vary between jurisdictions. Robbery differs from simple theft in its use of violence and intimidation. Iceman12345
  • Score: 0

11:59am Sun 3 Feb 13

dirty face says...

1 word great
1 word great dirty face
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree