Cyclists left with punctures as drawing pins scattered on prom

Bournemouth Echo: Cyclists left with punctures as drawning pins scattered on prom Cyclists left with punctures as drawning pins scattered on prom

CYCLISTS have criticised “idiots” who dropped drawing pins on the promenade at Poole.

The bronze pins have been found scattered along the busy prom at Branksome, with a number of riders reporting punctures.

Others have reported experiencing punctures from drawing pins at Sandbanks.

Cyclist Pat Gough was travelling from Oakdale to Bournemouth on Tuesday when he fell victim.

He said: “While a puncture is annoying, I worry about the injuries that the drawing pins can inflict on dogs and the feet of beachgoers in the summer.

“I’ve always found there’s a friendly atmosphere amongst cyclists, dog walkers and pedestrians walking along the promenade in the morning. I feel let down that someone has felt they needed to do this.

“I rode past five or six cyclists repairing punctures on Monday and then realised why, as a pin pierced my tyre.

“I didn’t remove it and was luckily able to complete my journey to work.”

Fellow cyclist Andrew Hooper, 54, from Corfe Mullen, said: “I do cycle along this route but not regularly. If they have been put there deliberately then that’s the worst thing that can happen, especially if it’s bad weather.”

A dog walker, who did not wish to be named, picked up his pet as he approached the pins and added: “If someone has dropped them by accident then that’s one thing but it probably is someone being an idiot.”

A spokesman for the Borough of Poole said officers in beach services were not aware of the incident but had gone out to investigate.

Dorset Police said they had also not been informed.

We welcome your comments on this story but please read the new house rules before you post.

Comments (39)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:43am Fri 25 Jan 13

spooki says...

Ha ha ha very funny. What is wrong with people? I hope no one was injured by this stupid prank.
Ha ha ha very funny. What is wrong with people? I hope no one was injured by this stupid prank. spooki
  • Score: 0

8:55am Fri 25 Jan 13

suzigirl says...

I don't see what point they are trying to make. Everybody will have to draw their own conclusions.......
I don't see what point they are trying to make. Everybody will have to draw their own conclusions....... suzigirl
  • Score: 0

9:09am Fri 25 Jan 13

jeebuscripes says...

One of the Echo employees got a puncture so it ends up in the paper.

Stay tuned for next weeks copy: a boiler stops working, someone can't find their car keys and someone forgot to take their 'Bag for Life' to the supermarket.

THE HORROR.
One of the Echo employees got a puncture so it ends up in the paper. Stay tuned for next weeks copy: a boiler stops working, someone can't find their car keys and someone forgot to take their 'Bag for Life' to the supermarket. THE HORROR. jeebuscripes
  • Score: 0

9:39am Fri 25 Jan 13

bbird says...

No, not the answer. But speeding cyclists are an accident waiting to happen (if hasn't already)
No, not the answer. But speeding cyclists are an accident waiting to happen (if hasn't already) bbird
  • Score: 0

9:55am Fri 25 Jan 13

really?? seriously?? says...

I feel a little deflated about this story and how it got in the paper, its all been blown out of proportion. lol
I feel a little deflated about this story and how it got in the paper, its all been blown out of proportion. lol really?? seriously??
  • Score: 0

10:16am Fri 25 Jan 13

Tig says...

jeebuscripes wrote:
One of the Echo employees got a puncture so it ends up in the paper.

Stay tuned for next weeks copy: a boiler stops working, someone can't find their car keys and someone forgot to take their 'Bag for Life' to the supermarket.

THE HORROR.
As a cyclist who sometimes rides along the promenade, I'm glad this story has been reported. It means I am now aware of this.
.
However, to the person/s that did this, it's not going to stop me cycling there.
[quote][p][bold]jeebuscripes[/bold] wrote: One of the Echo employees got a puncture so it ends up in the paper. Stay tuned for next weeks copy: a boiler stops working, someone can't find their car keys and someone forgot to take their 'Bag for Life' to the supermarket. THE HORROR.[/p][/quote]As a cyclist who sometimes rides along the promenade, I'm glad this story has been reported. It means I am now aware of this. . However, to the person/s that did this, it's not going to stop me cycling there. Tig
  • Score: 0

10:39am Fri 25 Jan 13

speedy231278 says...

Perhaps it was a pedestrian fed up with people cycling through pedestrian areas causing near misses and playing the victim?
Perhaps it was a pedestrian fed up with people cycling through pedestrian areas causing near misses and playing the victim? speedy231278
  • Score: 0

10:41am Fri 25 Jan 13

Controversial But True says...

I'm an avid long distance cyclist, so reading this really angers me.

However, what angers me more are cyclists without lights at night, cyclists with no helmet and cyclists who use pedestrian footpaths.....

.....and smokers (I just threw that one in)!
I'm an avid long distance cyclist, so reading this really angers me. However, what angers me more are cyclists without lights at night, cyclists with no helmet and cyclists who use pedestrian footpaths..... .....and smokers (I just threw that one in)! Controversial But True
  • Score: 0

10:56am Fri 25 Jan 13

suzigirl says...

Controversial But True wrote:
I'm an avid long distance cyclist, so reading this really angers me. However, what angers me more are cyclists without lights at night, cyclists with no helmet and cyclists who use pedestrian footpaths..... .....and smokers (I just threw that one in)!
I agree with you. I had a cyclist pass me on the pavement this morning on his mobile phone. That it wrong on so many levels! May I add that motorists who drive with their fog lights on when it is not foggy is very irritating and also dog owners who do not pick their dog poo up!
[quote][p][bold]Controversial But True[/bold] wrote: I'm an avid long distance cyclist, so reading this really angers me. However, what angers me more are cyclists without lights at night, cyclists with no helmet and cyclists who use pedestrian footpaths..... .....and smokers (I just threw that one in)![/p][/quote]I agree with you. I had a cyclist pass me on the pavement this morning on his mobile phone. That it wrong on so many levels! May I add that motorists who drive with their fog lights on when it is not foggy is very irritating and also dog owners who do not pick their dog poo up! suzigirl
  • Score: 0

11:24am Fri 25 Jan 13

Isosceles says...

suzigirl says 'I had a cyclist pass me on the pavement this morning on his mobile phone'
I never realised before that mobile phones had wheels!
suzigirl says 'I had a cyclist pass me on the pavement this morning on his mobile phone' I never realised before that mobile phones had wheels! Isosceles
  • Score: 0

12:07pm Fri 25 Jan 13

ekimnoslen says...

Whilst I disagree with the current practice of cyclists being permitted by the police (presumably on the instructions of the Chief Constable) to ride on footpaths, pavements, promenades and other pedestrian environments, the scattering of drawing pins is both dangerous and totally unacceptable.
Whilst I disagree with the current practice of cyclists being permitted by the police (presumably on the instructions of the Chief Constable) to ride on footpaths, pavements, promenades and other pedestrian environments, the scattering of drawing pins is both dangerous and totally unacceptable. ekimnoslen
  • Score: 0

12:31pm Fri 25 Jan 13

retry69 says...

I only hope this is a prank by youths and not by an anti-cyclist as it goes beyond what is acceptable behaviour
I only hope this is a prank by youths and not by an anti-cyclist as it goes beyond what is acceptable behaviour retry69
  • Score: 0

12:45pm Fri 25 Jan 13

Controversial But True says...

I hope Poole council will trudge through the CCTV. These pillocks surely must be on there! Criminal damage IS criminal damage and it needs to be detected!!

Bournemouth, on the other hand would need to hire a sketch artist to enhance their CCTV footage, then send a bus load of fast response trained PCSO's to deal with the anti-social behaviour! Better still, Specials!
I hope Poole council will trudge through the CCTV. These pillocks surely must be on there! Criminal damage IS criminal damage and it needs to be detected!! Bournemouth, on the other hand would need to hire a sketch artist to enhance their CCTV footage, then send a bus load of fast response trained PCSO's to deal with the anti-social behaviour! Better still, Specials! Controversial But True
  • Score: 0

1:07pm Fri 25 Jan 13

MikeFrench says...

I blame the Canford Bottom rabbits
I blame the Canford Bottom rabbits MikeFrench
  • Score: 0

1:34pm Fri 25 Jan 13

downmoor-ch says...

Tig wrote:
jeebuscripes wrote:
One of the Echo employees got a puncture so it ends up in the paper.

Stay tuned for next weeks copy: a boiler stops working, someone can't find their car keys and someone forgot to take their 'Bag for Life' to the supermarket.

THE HORROR.
As a cyclist who sometimes rides along the promenade, I'm glad this story has been reported. It means I am now aware of this.
.
However, to the person/s that did this, it's not going to stop me cycling there.
IT MAY NOT STOP YOU TIG, BUT I HOPE THAT IT WILL SLOW DOWN, NOT ONLY YOU, BUT ALL THE OTHERS, THAT USE IT AS A SPEED TRACK !.
[quote][p][bold]Tig[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jeebuscripes[/bold] wrote: One of the Echo employees got a puncture so it ends up in the paper. Stay tuned for next weeks copy: a boiler stops working, someone can't find their car keys and someone forgot to take their 'Bag for Life' to the supermarket. THE HORROR.[/p][/quote]As a cyclist who sometimes rides along the promenade, I'm glad this story has been reported. It means I am now aware of this. . However, to the person/s that did this, it's not going to stop me cycling there.[/p][/quote]IT MAY NOT STOP YOU TIG, BUT I HOPE THAT IT WILL SLOW DOWN, NOT ONLY YOU, BUT ALL THE OTHERS, THAT USE IT AS A SPEED TRACK !. downmoor-ch
  • Score: 0

2:22pm Fri 25 Jan 13

suzigirl says...

Isosceles wrote:
suzigirl says 'I had a cyclist pass me on the pavement this morning on his mobile phone' I never realised before that mobile phones had wheels!
Your reading is not great is it the key word here is "cyclist" and what would a cyclist be riding - you' ve guessed it - a bicycle!
[quote][p][bold]Isosceles[/bold] wrote: suzigirl says 'I had a cyclist pass me on the pavement this morning on his mobile phone' I never realised before that mobile phones had wheels![/p][/quote]Your reading is not great is it the key word here is "cyclist" and what would a cyclist be riding - you' ve guessed it - a bicycle! suzigirl
  • Score: 0

2:37pm Fri 25 Jan 13

nosuchluck54 says...

suzigirl wrote:
Isosceles wrote:
suzigirl says 'I had a cyclist pass me on the pavement this morning on his mobile phone' I never realised before that mobile phones had wheels!
Your reading is not great is it the key word here is "cyclist" and what would a cyclist be riding - you' ve guessed it - a bicycle!
I would have thought the keyword was humour!
[quote][p][bold]suzigirl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Isosceles[/bold] wrote: suzigirl says 'I had a cyclist pass me on the pavement this morning on his mobile phone' I never realised before that mobile phones had wheels![/p][/quote]Your reading is not great is it the key word here is "cyclist" and what would a cyclist be riding - you' ve guessed it - a bicycle![/p][/quote]I would have thought the keyword was humour! nosuchluck54
  • Score: 0

2:38pm Fri 25 Jan 13

l'anglais says...

Get the metal detector brigade out.

Just explain a container of Rolex watches was washed ashore.
Get the metal detector brigade out. Just explain a container of Rolex watches was washed ashore. l'anglais
  • Score: 0

2:50pm Fri 25 Jan 13

Isosceles says...

nosuchluck54 says 'I would have thought the keyword was humour'.
I am afraid that some people reading this paper have had their 'humerus' removed.
nosuchluck54 says 'I would have thought the keyword was humour'. I am afraid that some people reading this paper have had their 'humerus' removed. Isosceles
  • Score: 0

3:05pm Fri 25 Jan 13

suzigirl says...

It is sometimes very hard to distinguish humour from sarcasm! Has nobody blamed a motorist yet?
It is sometimes very hard to distinguish humour from sarcasm! Has nobody blamed a motorist yet? suzigirl
  • Score: 0

3:53pm Fri 25 Jan 13

old git 2 says...

Controversial But True wrote:
I hope Poole council will trudge through the CCTV. These pillocks surely must be on there! Criminal damage IS criminal damage and it needs to be detected!! Bournemouth, on the other hand would need to hire a sketch artist to enhance their CCTV footage, then send a bus load of fast response trained PCSO's to deal with the anti-social behaviour! Better still, Specials!
and why exactly are 'Specials' worse than PCOSs or any other uniformed officer???
they hold the power of a constable, wear the same uniform, carry the same equipment and give up their own time to work for the community for free!
Some may say its stupid to not get paid but i think they do a fantastic job and without them most forces would be in a lot of trouble!
sadly for you on this occaasion your name is incorrect - you may be contraversial but what you have said is certainsly NOT true!
[quote][p][bold]Controversial But True[/bold] wrote: I hope Poole council will trudge through the CCTV. These pillocks surely must be on there! Criminal damage IS criminal damage and it needs to be detected!! Bournemouth, on the other hand would need to hire a sketch artist to enhance their CCTV footage, then send a bus load of fast response trained PCSO's to deal with the anti-social behaviour! Better still, Specials![/p][/quote]and why exactly are 'Specials' worse than PCOSs or any other uniformed officer??? they hold the power of a constable, wear the same uniform, carry the same equipment and give up their own time to work for the community for free! Some may say its stupid to not get paid but i think they do a fantastic job and without them most forces would be in a lot of trouble! sadly for you on this occaasion your name is incorrect - you may be contraversial but what you have said is certainsly NOT true! old git 2
  • Score: 0

4:03pm Fri 25 Jan 13

polblagger says...

Firstly, some great puns!

Secondly, and more worryingly is how this shows up the lack of awareness and concentration of the average cyclist.

I'm a cyclist myself and am constantly vigilant for diesel, pot holes, broken glass and anything else that might cause an accident.

If you can't spot bright brass coloured objects in your path you either need to wake up or stop riding, your a danger to yourself and others.
Firstly, some great puns! Secondly, and more worryingly is how this shows up the lack of awareness and concentration of the average cyclist. I'm a cyclist myself and am constantly vigilant for diesel, pot holes, broken glass and anything else that might cause an accident. If you can't spot bright brass coloured objects in your path you either need to wake up or stop riding, your a danger to yourself and others. polblagger
  • Score: 0

5:19pm Fri 25 Jan 13

Controversial But True says...

old git 2 wrote:
Controversial But True wrote:
I hope Poole council will trudge through the CCTV. These pillocks surely must be on there! Criminal damage IS criminal damage and it needs to be detected!! Bournemouth, on the other hand would need to hire a sketch artist to enhance their CCTV footage, then send a bus load of fast response trained PCSO's to deal with the anti-social behaviour! Better still, Specials!
and why exactly are 'Specials' worse than PCOSs or any other uniformed officer???
they hold the power of a constable, wear the same uniform, carry the same equipment and give up their own time to work for the community for free!
Some may say its stupid to not get paid but i think they do a fantastic job and without them most forces would be in a lot of trouble!
sadly for you on this occaasion your name is incorrect - you may be contraversial but what you have said is certainsly NOT true!
And the fact that Dorset Police has the 4th worst crime detection in England and Wales backs up my point. True and Not controversial. Sorry!

http://www.bournemou
thecho.co.uk/news/98
57534.Dorset_Police_
clear_up_rate_one_of
_worst_in_UK/
[quote][p][bold]old git 2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Controversial But True[/bold] wrote: I hope Poole council will trudge through the CCTV. These pillocks surely must be on there! Criminal damage IS criminal damage and it needs to be detected!! Bournemouth, on the other hand would need to hire a sketch artist to enhance their CCTV footage, then send a bus load of fast response trained PCSO's to deal with the anti-social behaviour! Better still, Specials![/p][/quote]and why exactly are 'Specials' worse than PCOSs or any other uniformed officer??? they hold the power of a constable, wear the same uniform, carry the same equipment and give up their own time to work for the community for free! Some may say its stupid to not get paid but i think they do a fantastic job and without them most forces would be in a lot of trouble! sadly for you on this occaasion your name is incorrect - you may be contraversial but what you have said is certainsly NOT true![/p][/quote]And the fact that Dorset Police has the 4th worst crime detection in England and Wales backs up my point. True and Not controversial. Sorry! http://www.bournemou thecho.co.uk/news/98 57534.Dorset_Police_ clear_up_rate_one_of _worst_in_UK/ Controversial But True
  • Score: 0

5:21pm Fri 25 Jan 13

Controversial But True says...

Controversial But True wrote:
old git 2 wrote:
Controversial But True wrote:
I hope Poole council will trudge through the CCTV. These pillocks surely must be on there! Criminal damage IS criminal damage and it needs to be detected!! Bournemouth, on the other hand would need to hire a sketch artist to enhance their CCTV footage, then send a bus load of fast response trained PCSO's to deal with the anti-social behaviour! Better still, Specials!
and why exactly are 'Specials' worse than PCOSs or any other uniformed officer???
they hold the power of a constable, wear the same uniform, carry the same equipment and give up their own time to work for the community for free!
Some may say its stupid to not get paid but i think they do a fantastic job and without them most forces would be in a lot of trouble!
sadly for you on this occaasion your name is incorrect - you may be contraversial but what you have said is certainsly NOT true!
And the fact that Dorset Police has the 4th worst crime detection in England and Wales backs up my point. True and Not controversial. Sorry!

http://www.bournemou

thecho.co.uk/news/98

57534.Dorset_Police_

clear_up_rate_one_of

_worst_in_UK/
....oh, and I did say "Better still, Specials"!
[quote][p][bold]Controversial But True[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]old git 2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Controversial But True[/bold] wrote: I hope Poole council will trudge through the CCTV. These pillocks surely must be on there! Criminal damage IS criminal damage and it needs to be detected!! Bournemouth, on the other hand would need to hire a sketch artist to enhance their CCTV footage, then send a bus load of fast response trained PCSO's to deal with the anti-social behaviour! Better still, Specials![/p][/quote]and why exactly are 'Specials' worse than PCOSs or any other uniformed officer??? they hold the power of a constable, wear the same uniform, carry the same equipment and give up their own time to work for the community for free! Some may say its stupid to not get paid but i think they do a fantastic job and without them most forces would be in a lot of trouble! sadly for you on this occaasion your name is incorrect - you may be contraversial but what you have said is certainsly NOT true![/p][/quote]And the fact that Dorset Police has the 4th worst crime detection in England and Wales backs up my point. True and Not controversial. Sorry! http://www.bournemou thecho.co.uk/news/98 57534.Dorset_Police_ clear_up_rate_one_of _worst_in_UK/[/p][/quote]....oh, and I did say "Better still, Specials"! Controversial But True
  • Score: 0

6:20pm Fri 25 Jan 13

Tig says...

downmoor-ch wrote:
Tig wrote:
jeebuscripes wrote:
One of the Echo employees got a puncture so it ends up in the paper.

Stay tuned for next weeks copy: a boiler stops working, someone can't find their car keys and someone forgot to take their 'Bag for Life' to the supermarket.

THE HORROR.
As a cyclist who sometimes rides along the promenade, I'm glad this story has been reported. It means I am now aware of this.
.
However, to the person/s that did this, it's not going to stop me cycling there.
IT MAY NOT STOP YOU TIG, BUT I HOPE THAT IT WILL SLOW DOWN, NOT ONLY YOU, BUT ALL THE OTHERS, THAT USE IT AS A SPEED TRACK !.
THANKS, but I don't cycle fast anywhere where there are pedestrians and certainly don't use the prom as a "speed track."
[quote][p][bold]downmoor-ch[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tig[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jeebuscripes[/bold] wrote: One of the Echo employees got a puncture so it ends up in the paper. Stay tuned for next weeks copy: a boiler stops working, someone can't find their car keys and someone forgot to take their 'Bag for Life' to the supermarket. THE HORROR.[/p][/quote]As a cyclist who sometimes rides along the promenade, I'm glad this story has been reported. It means I am now aware of this. . However, to the person/s that did this, it's not going to stop me cycling there.[/p][/quote]IT MAY NOT STOP YOU TIG, BUT I HOPE THAT IT WILL SLOW DOWN, NOT ONLY YOU, BUT ALL THE OTHERS, THAT USE IT AS A SPEED TRACK !.[/p][/quote]THANKS, but I don't cycle fast anywhere where there are pedestrians and certainly don't use the prom as a "speed track." Tig
  • Score: 0

6:24pm Fri 25 Jan 13

Letcommonsenseprevail says...

That makes a change - dog walkers picking something up!!
That makes a change - dog walkers picking something up!! Letcommonsenseprevail
  • Score: 0

6:26pm Fri 25 Jan 13

Letcommonsenseprevail says...

suzigirl wrote:
It is sometimes very hard to distinguish humour from sarcasm! Has nobody blamed a motorist yet?
I don't think you're allowed to drive along the prom.
[quote][p][bold]suzigirl[/bold] wrote: It is sometimes very hard to distinguish humour from sarcasm! Has nobody blamed a motorist yet?[/p][/quote]I don't think you're allowed to drive along the prom. Letcommonsenseprevail
  • Score: 0

6:30pm Fri 25 Jan 13

nosuchluck54 says...

Letcommonsenseprevai
l
wrote:
suzigirl wrote:
It is sometimes very hard to distinguish humour from sarcasm! Has nobody blamed a motorist yet?
I don't think you're allowed to drive along the prom.
Is that humour or sarcasm mmm?
[quote][p][bold]Letcommonsenseprevai l[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]suzigirl[/bold] wrote: It is sometimes very hard to distinguish humour from sarcasm! Has nobody blamed a motorist yet?[/p][/quote]I don't think you're allowed to drive along the prom.[/p][/quote]Is that humour or sarcasm mmm? nosuchluck54
  • Score: 0

6:47pm Fri 25 Jan 13

Carolyn43 says...

Doesn't matter if you don't like dog walkers or cyclists, scattering drawing pins is so wrong and idiotic. Not only punctured tyres and injured dog paws, but what about young children who could fall over and get injured - or perhaps they should be banned from going anywhere as well.
Doesn't matter if you don't like dog walkers or cyclists, scattering drawing pins is so wrong and idiotic. Not only punctured tyres and injured dog paws, but what about young children who could fall over and get injured - or perhaps they should be banned from going anywhere as well. Carolyn43
  • Score: 0

10:09pm Fri 25 Jan 13

Dont drop litter says...

Controversial But True wrote:
I'm an avid long distance cyclist, so reading this really angers me.

However, what angers me more are cyclists without lights at night, cyclists with no helmet and cyclists who use pedestrian footpaths.....

.....and smokers (I just threw that one in)!
I think you'll find that riding a bike on he prom is not an offence. Neither is cycling without a helmet. Technically, cycling whilst using a telephone is also not an offence although its not very sensible.
Riding a bike has become a lot less fun that it used to be that's to angry motorists in oversized cars - this sort of thing isn't helping.
[quote][p][bold]Controversial But True[/bold] wrote: I'm an avid long distance cyclist, so reading this really angers me. However, what angers me more are cyclists without lights at night, cyclists with no helmet and cyclists who use pedestrian footpaths..... .....and smokers (I just threw that one in)![/p][/quote]I think you'll find that riding a bike on he prom is not an offence. Neither is cycling without a helmet. Technically, cycling whilst using a telephone is also not an offence although its not very sensible. Riding a bike has become a lot less fun that it used to be that's to angry motorists in oversized cars - this sort of thing isn't helping. Dont drop litter
  • Score: 0

12:25am Sat 26 Jan 13

Yankee1 says...

Obviously a bunch of **** were having a lark.
Obviously a bunch of **** were having a lark. Yankee1
  • Score: 0

7:53am Sat 26 Jan 13

Curly Jefferson says...

I have cycled here before and always been courteous to walkers. However I was walking one night with my girlfriend and a woman on a bike came right up behind us dinging her bell repeatedly waiting for us to move. I felt like ripping her bell off and throwing it in the sea!
I have cycled here before and always been courteous to walkers. However I was walking one night with my girlfriend and a woman on a bike came right up behind us dinging her bell repeatedly waiting for us to move. I felt like ripping her bell off and throwing it in the sea! Curly Jefferson
  • Score: 0

11:05am Sat 26 Jan 13

downmoor-ch says...

Curly Jefferson wrote:
I have cycled here before and always been courteous to walkers. However I was walking one night with my girlfriend and a woman on a bike came right up behind us dinging her bell repeatedly waiting for us to move. I felt like ripping her bell off and throwing it in the sea!
Then why talk about it, just go for it and DO IT!.
[quote][p][bold]Curly Jefferson[/bold] wrote: I have cycled here before and always been courteous to walkers. However I was walking one night with my girlfriend and a woman on a bike came right up behind us dinging her bell repeatedly waiting for us to move. I felt like ripping her bell off and throwing it in the sea![/p][/quote]Then why talk about it, just go for it and DO IT!. downmoor-ch
  • Score: 0

4:59pm Sat 26 Jan 13

ranger_bob says...

Curly Jefferson wrote:
I have cycled here before and always been courteous to walkers. However I was walking one night with my girlfriend and a woman on a bike came right up behind us dinging her bell repeatedly waiting for us to move. I felt like ripping her bell off and throwing it in the sea!
And if she had come up behind you and charged passed without a warning you would have been angry as well. Talk about a lose/lose situation!
[quote][p][bold]Curly Jefferson[/bold] wrote: I have cycled here before and always been courteous to walkers. However I was walking one night with my girlfriend and a woman on a bike came right up behind us dinging her bell repeatedly waiting for us to move. I felt like ripping her bell off and throwing it in the sea![/p][/quote]And if she had come up behind you and charged passed without a warning you would have been angry as well. Talk about a lose/lose situation! ranger_bob
  • Score: 0

5:43pm Sat 26 Jan 13

Letcommonsenseprevail says...

Curly Jefferson wrote:
I have cycled here before and always been courteous to walkers. However I was walking one night with my girlfriend and a woman on a bike came right up behind us dinging her bell repeatedly waiting for us to move. I felt like ripping her bell off and throwing it in the sea!
Er, isn't that exactly what the bell is for???????
[quote][p][bold]Curly Jefferson[/bold] wrote: I have cycled here before and always been courteous to walkers. However I was walking one night with my girlfriend and a woman on a bike came right up behind us dinging her bell repeatedly waiting for us to move. I felt like ripping her bell off and throwing it in the sea![/p][/quote]Er, isn't that exactly what the bell is for??????? Letcommonsenseprevail
  • Score: 0

3:12pm Mon 28 Jan 13

scrumpyjack says...

suzigirl wrote:
Controversial But True wrote:
I'm an avid long distance cyclist, so reading this really angers me. However, what angers me more are cyclists without lights at night, cyclists with no helmet and cyclists who use pedestrian footpaths..... .....and smokers (I just threw that one in)!
I agree with you. I had a cyclist pass me on the pavement this morning on his mobile phone. That it wrong on so many levels! May I add that motorists who drive with their fog lights on when it is not foggy is very irritating and also dog owners who do not pick their dog poo up!
So he didn't actually hit you?

He passed safely?
[quote][p][bold]suzigirl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Controversial But True[/bold] wrote: I'm an avid long distance cyclist, so reading this really angers me. However, what angers me more are cyclists without lights at night, cyclists with no helmet and cyclists who use pedestrian footpaths..... .....and smokers (I just threw that one in)![/p][/quote]I agree with you. I had a cyclist pass me on the pavement this morning on his mobile phone. That it wrong on so many levels! May I add that motorists who drive with their fog lights on when it is not foggy is very irritating and also dog owners who do not pick their dog poo up![/p][/quote]So he didn't actually hit you? He passed safely? scrumpyjack
  • Score: 0

3:27pm Mon 28 Jan 13

scrumpyjack says...

suzigirl wrote:
Isosceles wrote:
suzigirl says 'I had a cyclist pass me on the pavement this morning on his mobile phone' I never realised before that mobile phones had wheels!
Your reading is not great is it the key word here is "cyclist" and what would a cyclist be riding - you' ve guessed it - a bicycle!
*rolls eyes

I thought it was just Americans that struggled with sarcasm. Apparently not.
[quote][p][bold]suzigirl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Isosceles[/bold] wrote: suzigirl says 'I had a cyclist pass me on the pavement this morning on his mobile phone' I never realised before that mobile phones had wheels![/p][/quote]Your reading is not great is it the key word here is "cyclist" and what would a cyclist be riding - you' ve guessed it - a bicycle![/p][/quote]*rolls eyes I thought it was just Americans that struggled with sarcasm. Apparently not. scrumpyjack
  • Score: 0

2:38am Sun 10 Feb 13

MrTea76 says...

I had two pins in my front tyre and one in the back. The morons haven't stopped me from cycling on the prom :)
I had two pins in my front tyre and one in the back. The morons haven't stopped me from cycling on the prom :) MrTea76
  • Score: 0

7:01pm Mon 11 Feb 13

MrTea76 says...

Looks like they have struck again... more in my tyres this evening.
Looks like they have struck again... more in my tyres this evening. MrTea76
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree