Warning after bedroom fire in Poole

Fire crews dealt with a blaze at a house in Poole yesterday, believed to have been the result of a candle left burning in a bedroom.

No-one was injured but damage to the property in Wroxham Road was "substantial."

Station Manager at Redhill Park, Dave Graham, said: "At this time of year candles are lovely to have around the home but please make sure they are fully extinguished before leaving them."

He also reminded homeowners not to take batteries out of smoke alarms to put them into toys or other presents over the Christmas period.

Comments (12)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:25am Sun 23 Dec 12

MPK83i says...

How many times do people need to be told before it sinks in. Idiots.
How many times do people need to be told before it sinks in. Idiots. MPK83i

9:37am Sun 23 Dec 12

BIGTONE says...

MPK83i wrote:
How many times do people need to be told before it sinks in. Idiots.
Permanetly.
[quote][p][bold]MPK83i[/bold] wrote: How many times do people need to be told before it sinks in. Idiots.[/p][/quote]Permanetly. BIGTONE

9:38am Sun 23 Dec 12

BIGTONE says...

Permanently
Permanently BIGTONE

9:48am Sun 23 Dec 12

ashleycross says...

I don't believe candles are responsible for fires, I think drinking at home is.
I don't believe candles are responsible for fires, I think drinking at home is. ashleycross

11:14am Sun 23 Dec 12

l'anglais says...

Phone Pete for advice
Phone Pete for advice l'anglais

12:53pm Sun 23 Dec 12

djkent says...

stupid people
stupid people djkent

1:16pm Sun 23 Dec 12

Holes Bay Curve says...

With modern battery powered LED night lights that are cheaper to use, there really is no need for candles in this day and age - they should be banned.
With modern battery powered LED night lights that are cheaper to use, there really is no need for candles in this day and age - they should be banned. Holes Bay Curve

3:59pm Sun 23 Dec 12

APC303 says...

Holes Bay Curve wrote:
With modern battery powered LED night lights that are cheaper to use, there really is no need for candles in this day and age - they should be banned.
lol ban candles

i'd love to have a led-lit romantic dinner with my wife. or wire up a birthday cake with bulbs.
[quote][p][bold]Holes Bay Curve[/bold] wrote: With modern battery powered LED night lights that are cheaper to use, there really is no need for candles in this day and age - they should be banned.[/p][/quote]lol ban candles i'd love to have a led-lit romantic dinner with my wife. or wire up a birthday cake with bulbs. APC303

4:47pm Sun 23 Dec 12

Couchy125 says...

Start giving people the bill for the attendance of the Emergency service's. that will make them sit up and take note. Total madness.
Start giving people the bill for the attendance of the Emergency service's. that will make them sit up and take note. Total madness. Couchy125

4:55pm Sun 23 Dec 12

portia6 says...

Strike a light what a plight!
Strike a light what a plight! portia6

5:56pm Sun 23 Dec 12

Curly Jefferson says...

These comments are getting on my wick!
These comments are getting on my wick! Curly Jefferson

1:32am Mon 24 Dec 12

billd766 says...

What a (s)candle.
What a (s)candle. billd766

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree