DETECTIVES hunting for dangerous rape suspect Dean Goodwin have offered a substantial reward for information leading to his capture.
The reward has been offered by Crimestoppers for information leading to the arrest of the 32-year-old notorious sex attacker.
Goodwin, who lives in Poole, is wanted in connection with a brutal rape of a young woman in her Poole home in the early hours of Friday morning.
Despite numerous sightings of the convicted sex attacker and carrying out searches at addresses across Bournemouth and Poole – Goodwin remains at large.
The fact he is still on the run has caused alarm to people living in the area, some of whom have turned to social media to voice their concerns.
Officers have advised the public to be cautious and have urged them not to approach Goodwin if they see him. They should call the police immediately on 999.
Goodwin served 12 years for sex offences before being released from prison last year.
DI Marcus Hester, of Dorset’s Major Crime Investigation Team, said: “We do need to find Dean Goodwin. We are hoping that the incentive of a substantial reward will assist in that.”
Anyone with information about Dean Goodwin’s whereabouts should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- Police tell Dean Goodwin: Give yourself up
- Police hunt for Dean Goodwin - live updates
- Dean Goodwin: a life in prison
- Police hunt for "dangerous" sex offender enters second day
- Dean Goodwin: he should never have been released, says victim's father
- Police hunt for "dangerous" sex offender - Monday updates