Woman taken to hospital after flat fire

First published in News

A WOMAN was taken to hopsital after a flat fire in Bournemouth on Tuesday evening.

The incident took place at Colman Court in Manor Road, on the East Cliff just before 8pm last night.

The fire, which was caused by unattended cooking, took place in a fourth floor flat in the nine storey building.

Five crews from Springbourne, Westbourne, Redhill and Christchurch were called to deal with the blaze.

A woman suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital by ambulance.

The Red Cross emergency support vehicle was also called.

There was smoke and fire damage to the kitchen.

A spoksperson for Dorset Fire and Rescue reminded people never to leave cooking unattended.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree