This morning one Boscombe GP warned that Boscombe is being swamped by drug-addicts. But as we found when we went out on the streets, it's not all doom and gloom, with businesses and community leaders praising the suburb’s vibrant culture.
Boasting a stunning golden beach, fashionable restaurants and even a Tardis style police box, it is a popular tourist destination and home to an upcoming arts scene.
Ward councillor for Boscombe, Cllr Chris Wakefield, reserved special praise for the sense of community which exists.
“It has a thriving retail environment and an ongoing regeneration project which is having a really positive effect on people’s lives,” he said.
“We have a vibrant culture that is diverse and inviting.”
We asked residents to tell us what their favourite things are about Boscombe, here are the 10 things they said they loved about the area. Let us know what you love in the comments below.
- The sandy beach
2. The Tardis police box
3. Boscombe Chine Gardens and its crazy golf course
Ed Sheeran at the 02 Academy. Picture: rockstarimages.co.uk.
4. Live music from international acts at O2 Academy
5. Cocktails and dinner at Urban Reef
6. Gigs from rising stars at Chaplins and the Cellar Bar
7. Breakfast at Café Boscanova
8. The elaborate Victorian architecture of the Royal Arcade
9. Family fun at the Coastal Activity Park
10. Shopping at the weekly markets