Bournemouth EchoTwo taken to hospital after Poole flat blaze (From Bournemouth Echo)

When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.

Two taken to hospital after Poole flat blaze

Bournemouth Echo: Two taken to hospital and baby treated for smoke inhalation after Poole fire Two taken to hospital and baby treated for smoke inhalation after Poole fire

TWO people were taken to hospital after a kitchen fire in Poole.

Firefighters from Westbourne and Poole were called to the blaze in the ground floor flat at Kingsbridge Road, Lower Parkstone.

On arrival at the flats, six people had already evacuated the block and the occupants of the ground floor flat had escaped through the bedroom window.

They were suffering from smoke inhalation and taken to hospital by ambulance.

A 12-week-old baby was also checked over by paramedics at the scene.

Four firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

The Red Cross vehicle attended to assist the evacuated residents and specialist equipment was sent from Poole Fire Station to assist ventilation of the property.

A spokesperson for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said: “We would like to remind people to ensure that candles and other heated room fresheners are kept well away from combustible materials and are also fully extinguished by placing in water prior to leaving them unattended.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree