Fire crews called to neon sign blaze at Aruba bar

Bournemouth Echo: Fire crews called to neon sign blaze at Aruba bar Fire crews called to neon sign blaze at Aruba bar

A NEON sign at the Aruba bar on Pier Approach was damaged by fire this morning.

Two fire crews from Westbourne were sent to the scene at 6.07am. They put out the fire by isolating the electrics and using a CO2 extinguisher.

The fire was believed to be caused by an electrical fault.

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:37am Fri 10 Jan 14

smhinto says...

What a barn-stormer of a read!!! Honestly, some of the rubbish that is reported on is just unbelievable.
What a barn-stormer of a read!!! Honestly, some of the rubbish that is reported on is just unbelievable. smhinto

11:18am Fri 10 Jan 14

BarrHumbug says...

smhinto wrote:
What a barn-stormer of a read!!! Honestly, some of the rubbish that is reported on is just unbelievable.
Here you go, maybe a Christmas Day stabbing is more up your street?

http://www.southwark
news.co.uk/00,news,2
6670,440,00.htm

Personally i'd rather read that a neon sign caught fire than mugging, rape and murder in my local area.

They should have let it burn, an eyesore of a building since the IMAX was pulled down.
[quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: What a barn-stormer of a read!!! Honestly, some of the rubbish that is reported on is just unbelievable.[/p][/quote]Here you go, maybe a Christmas Day stabbing is more up your street? http://www.southwark news.co.uk/00,news,2 6670,440,00.htm Personally i'd rather read that a neon sign caught fire than mugging, rape and murder in my local area. They should have let it burn, an eyesore of a building since the IMAX was pulled down. BarrHumbug

11:45am Fri 10 Jan 14

madras says...

'The fire was believed to be caused by an electrical fault.'

Really!!! ;-)
'The fire was believed to be caused by an electrical fault.' Really!!! ;-) madras

12:16pm Fri 10 Jan 14

crispy_pants says...

Don't forget that this is the Bournemouth Echo. It's remit must be to report local news and events. Surely this is local and I expect some people would like to know what has happened.
Don't forget that this is the Bournemouth Echo. It's remit must be to report local news and events. Surely this is local and I expect some people would like to know what has happened. crispy_pants

3:34pm Fri 10 Jan 14

BIGTONE says...

Sack the electrician.
Sack the electrician. BIGTONE

9:53am Sun 12 Jan 14

Peroni says...

Do the staff and management not know how to turn the lights off !
Have to get the fire service to race to the scene and turn off !
You would have thought in a building where you have people employed ,that they are aware of water isolation and electricity isolation......not just where the beer is lol
Do the staff and management not know how to turn the lights off ! Have to get the fire service to race to the scene and turn off ! You would have thought in a building where you have people employed ,that they are aware of water isolation and electricity isolation......not just where the beer is lol Peroni

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree