CRIMINALS jailed in May include a family who beat a man with a metal pipe, an 18-year-old who hid a knife that was used to kill Cameron Hamilton and a man who raped a boy at knife point.

Charlie Redmond-Smith

Family beat man with metal pipe and wooden bat in frenzied revenge attack

Charlie Redmond-Smith, along with his twin brother, father and uncle, beat a man in Christchurch after he damaged their car.

On February 3, 2021, the four men launched an “unrestrained group attack” on the victim’s property.

Redmond-Smith armed himself with a piece of wood, while brother brandished a metal pipe.

In retaliation the victim threatened the family with an axe while another family member held a machete.

After disarming the victim, the Redmond-Smith brothers beat the man while Charlie stamped on his head.

Charlie Redmond-Smith, 25 and of Burleigh Road, was sentenced to two years in prison for affray and attempted assault to cause serious bodily harm.

His brother, father and uncle were given suspended sentences and a community order.

Lennie Hansen

Teenager sentenced for possessing knife used to kill Cameron Hamilton

Bournemouth Echo: Lennie Hansen

Lennie Hansen brought a knife to Bournemouth town centre which was later used by another man to fatally stab 18-year-old Cameron Hamilton.

On August 5, 2023, a fight broke out between two groups which led to the stabbing.

The court heard that Hansen brought the knife to Bournemouth but hid it in a bush when he saw an increased police presence in the town.

Thomas Betteridge then later picked up the hidden knife and stabbed Cameron.

Hansen, 18 and of Waterlooville, was sentenced to 13 months in prison for possessing a bladed article.

Paul Robins

Man held boy at knife point and raped him on fishing trip

Paul Robins held a boy at knife point and forced him to remove his clothes before raping him.

The 59-year-old was convicted by jury of sexual assault and two counts of rape against a child under the age of 13.

The offences took place in the summer of 2008 but came to light after the victim saw Robins in the area.

At the time of the incident Robins suggested that he and the boy took their clothes off but when the child refused, Robins held a knife to his throat.

He then forced the boy to touch him and perform a sexual act before brandishing a packet of condoms and raping him.

Robins, of Maclean Road in Bournemouth, was sentenced to 16 years in prison plus 12 months on license as well as handed a sexual harm prevention order.

Darren Marsh

• Man raped and sexually assaulted child

Bournemouth Echo: Darren Marsh

Darren Marsh was sentenced for rape of a child under 13 and two counts of sexual assault of a child under 13.

Detective constable Dawn Capper of the child abuse investigation team said: “I am so pleased for the young victim in this case that justice has now been served for them and their family and that Marsh has now been placed behind bars, where he belongs.

“While I know this result won’t rid them of the memories of what Marsh did, I truly hope it allows them to move forward with their life, safe in the knowledge that he can no longer harm any other children.”

Marsh, 22 of The Strete, was jailed for five years and handed a 12-month extended period on license.

He will also be subject to a sexual harm prevention order.

Danny Ngo and Dervill Rickman

Two men jailed after courier fraud mounting up to £67,000

Bournemouth Echo: Danny Ngo, aged 28, and Dervill Rickman, aged 27, both of London, were sentenced at Bournemouth

Danny Ngo and Dervill Rickman were charged with conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation after a series of offences.

The men targeted elderly and vulnerable victims by tricking them into thinking they had paid too much compensation and persuaded them to draw out cash from their bank accounts.

The money would then be collected by a courier or posted to an address.

Three victims in Dorset paid more than £18,000 to the offenders but the men made off with more than £67,000 from all of their victims.

Ngo, 28 and of London, was sentenced to four years in prison at Bournemouth Crown Court.

Rickman, 27 and of London, was sentenced for 32 months in prison.

Keelan Maidment

Man jailed after spree of shopliftings in Bournemouth and Poole

Keelan Maidment was jailed after a spree of shoplifting offences in Bournemouth and Poole stores.

He was caught stealing groceries and household items including meat, laundry tablets, washing powder, coffee, food and drink.

The offences were committed at Co-op in Kinson Road, Southern Co-op in King John Avenue and Cost Cutters in Cunningham Crescent.

Maidment, 30 and of Wimborne Road, was jailed for six weeks and ordered to pay compensation of £549.62.

James Dempsey

Man jailed after stealing alcohol, meat and a sandwich in shoplifting spree

James Dempsey stole alcohol, meat and a sandwich across four days of shoplifting.

He stole £100 worth of meant from Waitrose in Lymington and an unknown value of meat plus £13.75 of cider from Tesco Express in Pennington.

He then later stole two boxes of beer from Tesco Express.

Dempsey, of Butts Ash Gardens in Hythe, was sentenced to eight weeks in prison.