Christmas Day fire drama in Weymouth

A WEYMOUTH family escaped a fire in their home on Christmas day.

The blaze broke out in the dishwasher in the kitchen of the house in Cornflower Close, Littlemoor, at 9.30pm. It spread to nearby appliances and the house was engulfed in smoke.

A spokesman for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus managed to extinguish the blaze.

Crews then ventilated the property.

They said that the dishwasher, a washing machine and fridge freezer were destroyed.

The home also suffered extensive smoke damage. It is believed the blaze was caused by an electrical fault.

The spokesman added that teams would be visiting the area in the coming days to carry out Home Fire Safety checks.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree