Cherries: Elphick backing Painter's promotion pedigree

First published in Cherries News Bournemouth Echo: Photograph of the Author by

CHERRIES star Tommy Elphick is tipping promotion expert Marcos Painter to prove a valuable asset in the club’s push for League One glory.

Elphick backed his former Brighton colleague to add defensive and attacking qualities after he joined Cherries on loan until the end of the season.

The Seagulls defender, drafted in as cover for injured left-back Charlie Daniels, made his Cherries debut in the 2-0 defeat at Preston on Saturday.

Painter was substituted at half-time as title contenders Cherries suffered only their second third-flight loss in 22 games under Eddie Howe.

But Elphick believes the 26-year-old, who has won promotion from the third tier with both Swansea and Brighton, will show his class.

Elphick told the Daily Echo: “I have played a lot with Paints. He has got great experience for his age and has won two promotions with Brighton and Swansea. He has got a great pedigree.

“Coming into our side, it will suit us down to the ground that he has got that background.

“He wants the ball and wants to get forward as much as possible but his main game is that he is solid and there every week.

“Saturday was sort of a bit of a baptism of fire for him. There are plenty more games and he hasn’t played a lot of football this season so he is only going to get better with the more time that he has on the pitch.”

Painter started his career with Birmingham City, where he played in the Premier League, before stints with Swansea and Brighton.

Elphick added: “The one thing with Brighton, although we were such a great footballing side, our main emphasis as a back four was to keep clean sheets. First and foremost, he comes with that hunger and desire to keep clean sheets, which you can’t beat in a back four.

“But coming from Swansea and Brighton, he wants the ball at all opportunities and he is going to look to get forward.

“It is going to take him a little bit of time to get used to the way we play because we are a little bit different and more aggressive in our forward play.

“I feel we are a bit quicker in the way we go about our things and we press teams a lot higher and a lot quicker than teams like Brighton and Swansea did, although there are similarities in the foundations and what we are trying to do.

“It will take him a little bit of time to get used to that but, once he does, I am sure he will be a great signing for us,” added Elphick.

Comments (25)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:53am Tue 19 Feb 13

scottie190 says...

Glad you like him just hope he can fill your boots. Get fit soon
Glad you like him just hope he can fill your boots. Get fit soon scottie190
  • Score: 0

12:00pm Tue 19 Feb 13

smhinto says...

Dear Mr Phil McG (Italy)

I was just wondering what was wrong with my post from yesterday and why is it a pearl of boredom as you say. I have repeated the post below.
.
There is nothing wrong with predicting a 1-1 draw against Sheff Utd in view of the fact that they are no mugs and the fact that we have defensive injury problems. A draw at against Coventry is also a likely outcome. Although I do hope we win at least one of them. It is quite possible that we could lose the pair of them by a single goal if we do not keep our wits abouts us. These games are so thight against quality opposition and it often happens that whoever scores the first goal will win it.
.
You must realise that injuries do eventually catch up with up you and the fact that we are currently top of the table and people will raise their game against us as a result.
.
The result at Preston was easily to see coming as my post last Friday explains. It is not doom it is just seeing things in the cold light of day.
.
--------------------
--------------------
---

As for the defeat on Saturday I believe that Ed was right. We have played three games in a week with all the traveling involved, so fatique is one factor.
.
Secondly, with ref to my post in Friday, Preston fired their manager recently and therefore were rejuvinated and had to prove themselves to any new manager, and what better stage than in front of the league leaders. In addition, we have Daniels and Elphick missing, you can get away with it for a while but then the absences will catch up with you,
.
I cannot see more than a draw against Sheff Utd at best. The next three games will shape our season. If we drop points against them then it is season over.
.
Let's hope Mr Painter hits the floor running.
.
Regards
.
--------------------
--------------------
----
Regards
Dear Mr Phil McG (Italy) I was just wondering what was wrong with my post from yesterday and why is it a pearl of boredom as you say. I have repeated the post below. . There is nothing wrong with predicting a 1-1 draw against Sheff Utd in view of the fact that they are no mugs and the fact that we have defensive injury problems. A draw at against Coventry is also a likely outcome. Although I do hope we win at least one of them. It is quite possible that we could lose the pair of them by a single goal if we do not keep our wits abouts us. These games are so thight against quality opposition and it often happens that whoever scores the first goal will win it. . You must realise that injuries do eventually catch up with up you and the fact that we are currently top of the table and people will raise their game against us as a result. . The result at Preston was easily to see coming as my post last Friday explains. It is not doom it is just seeing things in the cold light of day. . -------------------- -------------------- --- As for the defeat on Saturday I believe that Ed was right. We have played three games in a week with all the traveling involved, so fatique is one factor. . Secondly, with ref to my post in Friday, Preston fired their manager recently and therefore were rejuvinated and had to prove themselves to any new manager, and what better stage than in front of the league leaders. In addition, we have Daniels and Elphick missing, you can get away with it for a while but then the absences will catch up with you, . I cannot see more than a draw against Sheff Utd at best. The next three games will shape our season. If we drop points against them then it is season over. . Let's hope Mr Painter hits the floor running. . Regards . -------------------- -------------------- ---- Regards smhinto
  • Score: 0

12:19pm Tue 19 Feb 13

smhinto says...

Just been reported on BBC that ADDISON is out for the rest of the season.
.
Not doom and gloom - just fact.
.
Regards
Just been reported on BBC that ADDISON is out for the rest of the season. . Not doom and gloom - just fact. . Regards smhinto
  • Score: 0

12:40pm Tue 19 Feb 13

big_afcb_fan says...

Open game against Sheffield united.....see this being a high scoring, 3-2 to us. (fingers crossed)
Open game against Sheffield united.....see this being a high scoring, 3-2 to us. (fingers crossed) big_afcb_fan
  • Score: 0

1:30pm Tue 19 Feb 13

nonnogeppetto says...

smhinto wrote:
Dear Mr Phil McG (Italy)

I was just wondering what was wrong with my post from yesterday and why is it a pearl of boredom as you say. I have repeated the post below.
.
There is nothing wrong with predicting a 1-1 draw against Sheff Utd in view of the fact that they are no mugs and the fact that we have defensive injury problems. A draw at against Coventry is also a likely outcome. Although I do hope we win at least one of them. It is quite possible that we could lose the pair of them by a single goal if we do not keep our wits abouts us. These games are so thight against quality opposition and it often happens that whoever scores the first goal will win it.
.
You must realise that injuries do eventually catch up with up you and the fact that we are currently top of the table and people will raise their game against us as a result.
.
The result at Preston was easily to see coming as my post last Friday explains. It is not doom it is just seeing things in the cold light of day.
.
--------------------

--------------------

---

As for the defeat on Saturday I believe that Ed was right. We have played three games in a week with all the traveling involved, so fatique is one factor.
.
Secondly, with ref to my post in Friday, Preston fired their manager recently and therefore were rejuvinated and had to prove themselves to any new manager, and what better stage than in front of the league leaders. In addition, we have Daniels and Elphick missing, you can get away with it for a while but then the absences will catch up with you,
.
I cannot see more than a draw against Sheff Utd at best. The next three games will shape our season. If we drop points against them then it is season over.
.
Let's hope Mr Painter hits the floor running.
.
Regards
.
--------------------

--------------------

----
Regards
I have to say that I would be on your side on this one SMHINTO I too had an inkling that things would not go well at Preston unfortunately some people on here don't like anything that suggests anything but a win.

We would all love to see us win every game but I think you had it right on this one.

I know I am going to get some flak by agreeing with you but sometime we have to stick our neck out and say what we feel is right to say.

Regards
[quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: Dear Mr Phil McG (Italy) I was just wondering what was wrong with my post from yesterday and why is it a pearl of boredom as you say. I have repeated the post below. . There is nothing wrong with predicting a 1-1 draw against Sheff Utd in view of the fact that they are no mugs and the fact that we have defensive injury problems. A draw at against Coventry is also a likely outcome. Although I do hope we win at least one of them. It is quite possible that we could lose the pair of them by a single goal if we do not keep our wits abouts us. These games are so thight against quality opposition and it often happens that whoever scores the first goal will win it. . You must realise that injuries do eventually catch up with up you and the fact that we are currently top of the table and people will raise their game against us as a result. . The result at Preston was easily to see coming as my post last Friday explains. It is not doom it is just seeing things in the cold light of day. . -------------------- -------------------- --- As for the defeat on Saturday I believe that Ed was right. We have played three games in a week with all the traveling involved, so fatique is one factor. . Secondly, with ref to my post in Friday, Preston fired their manager recently and therefore were rejuvinated and had to prove themselves to any new manager, and what better stage than in front of the league leaders. In addition, we have Daniels and Elphick missing, you can get away with it for a while but then the absences will catch up with you, . I cannot see more than a draw against Sheff Utd at best. The next three games will shape our season. If we drop points against them then it is season over. . Let's hope Mr Painter hits the floor running. . Regards . -------------------- -------------------- ---- Regards[/p][/quote]I have to say that I would be on your side on this one SMHINTO I too had an inkling that things would not go well at Preston unfortunately some people on here don't like anything that suggests anything but a win. We would all love to see us win every game but I think you had it right on this one. I know I am going to get some flak by agreeing with you but sometime we have to stick our neck out and say what we feel is right to say. Regards nonnogeppetto
  • Score: 0

2:57pm Tue 19 Feb 13

big_afcb_fan says...

He had to be right eventually, law of averages and all that!
He had to be right eventually, law of averages and all that! big_afcb_fan
  • Score: 0

4:19pm Tue 19 Feb 13

andyjb10 says...

nonnogeppetto wrote:
smhinto wrote:
Dear Mr Phil McG (Italy)

I was just wondering what was wrong with my post from yesterday and why is it a pearl of boredom as you say. I have repeated the post below.
.
There is nothing wrong with predicting a 1-1 draw against Sheff Utd in view of the fact that they are no mugs and the fact that we have defensive injury problems. A draw at against Coventry is also a likely outcome. Although I do hope we win at least one of them. It is quite possible that we could lose the pair of them by a single goal if we do not keep our wits abouts us. These games are so thight against quality opposition and it often happens that whoever scores the first goal will win it.
.
You must realise that injuries do eventually catch up with up you and the fact that we are currently top of the table and people will raise their game against us as a result.
.
The result at Preston was easily to see coming as my post last Friday explains. It is not doom it is just seeing things in the cold light of day.
.
--------------------


--------------------


---

As for the defeat on Saturday I believe that Ed was right. We have played three games in a week with all the traveling involved, so fatique is one factor.
.
Secondly, with ref to my post in Friday, Preston fired their manager recently and therefore were rejuvinated and had to prove themselves to any new manager, and what better stage than in front of the league leaders. In addition, we have Daniels and Elphick missing, you can get away with it for a while but then the absences will catch up with you,
.
I cannot see more than a draw against Sheff Utd at best. The next three games will shape our season. If we drop points against them then it is season over.
.
Let's hope Mr Painter hits the floor running.
.
Regards
.
--------------------


--------------------


----
Regards
I have to say that I would be on your side on this one SMHINTO I too had an inkling that things would not go well at Preston unfortunately some people on here don't like anything that suggests anything but a win.

We would all love to see us win every game but I think you had it right on this one.

I know I am going to get some flak by agreeing with you but sometime we have to stick our neck out and say what we feel is right to say.

Regards
Get a room
[quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: Dear Mr Phil McG (Italy) I was just wondering what was wrong with my post from yesterday and why is it a pearl of boredom as you say. I have repeated the post below. . There is nothing wrong with predicting a 1-1 draw against Sheff Utd in view of the fact that they are no mugs and the fact that we have defensive injury problems. A draw at against Coventry is also a likely outcome. Although I do hope we win at least one of them. It is quite possible that we could lose the pair of them by a single goal if we do not keep our wits abouts us. These games are so thight against quality opposition and it often happens that whoever scores the first goal will win it. . You must realise that injuries do eventually catch up with up you and the fact that we are currently top of the table and people will raise their game against us as a result. . The result at Preston was easily to see coming as my post last Friday explains. It is not doom it is just seeing things in the cold light of day. . -------------------- -------------------- --- As for the defeat on Saturday I believe that Ed was right. We have played three games in a week with all the traveling involved, so fatique is one factor. . Secondly, with ref to my post in Friday, Preston fired their manager recently and therefore were rejuvinated and had to prove themselves to any new manager, and what better stage than in front of the league leaders. In addition, we have Daniels and Elphick missing, you can get away with it for a while but then the absences will catch up with you, . I cannot see more than a draw against Sheff Utd at best. The next three games will shape our season. If we drop points against them then it is season over. . Let's hope Mr Painter hits the floor running. . Regards . -------------------- -------------------- ---- Regards[/p][/quote]I have to say that I would be on your side on this one SMHINTO I too had an inkling that things would not go well at Preston unfortunately some people on here don't like anything that suggests anything but a win. We would all love to see us win every game but I think you had it right on this one. I know I am going to get some flak by agreeing with you but sometime we have to stick our neck out and say what we feel is right to say. Regards[/p][/quote]Get a room andyjb10
  • Score: 0

4:42pm Tue 19 Feb 13

raybren says...

I hope Painter settles in as it looks like
CD is out for a while.
However,two words explain why we will
go up this season,Ryan Fraser,he really
is that good.Go on Eddie,unleash him!
I hope Painter settles in as it looks like CD is out for a while. However,two words explain why we will go up this season,Ryan Fraser,he really is that good.Go on Eddie,unleash him! raybren
  • Score: 0

4:48pm Tue 19 Feb 13

nonnogeppetto says...

andyjb10 wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
smhinto wrote:
Dear Mr Phil McG (Italy)

I was just wondering what was wrong with my post from yesterday and why is it a pearl of boredom as you say. I have repeated the post below.
.
There is nothing wrong with predicting a 1-1 draw against Sheff Utd in view of the fact that they are no mugs and the fact that we have defensive injury problems. A draw at against Coventry is also a likely outcome. Although I do hope we win at least one of them. It is quite possible that we could lose the pair of them by a single goal if we do not keep our wits abouts us. These games are so thight against quality opposition and it often happens that whoever scores the first goal will win it.
.
You must realise that injuries do eventually catch up with up you and the fact that we are currently top of the table and people will raise their game against us as a result.
.
The result at Preston was easily to see coming as my post last Friday explains. It is not doom it is just seeing things in the cold light of day.
.
--------------------



--------------------



---

As for the defeat on Saturday I believe that Ed was right. We have played three games in a week with all the traveling involved, so fatique is one factor.
.
Secondly, with ref to my post in Friday, Preston fired their manager recently and therefore were rejuvinated and had to prove themselves to any new manager, and what better stage than in front of the league leaders. In addition, we have Daniels and Elphick missing, you can get away with it for a while but then the absences will catch up with you,
.
I cannot see more than a draw against Sheff Utd at best. The next three games will shape our season. If we drop points against them then it is season over.
.
Let's hope Mr Painter hits the floor running.
.
Regards
.
--------------------



--------------------



----
Regards
I have to say that I would be on your side on this one SMHINTO I too had an inkling that things would not go well at Preston unfortunately some people on here don't like anything that suggests anything but a win.

We would all love to see us win every game but I think you had it right on this one.

I know I am going to get some flak by agreeing with you but sometime we have to stick our neck out and say what we feel is right to say.

Regards
Get a room
we will as soon as you and one of your mates vacate it!!
[quote][p][bold]andyjb10[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: Dear Mr Phil McG (Italy) I was just wondering what was wrong with my post from yesterday and why is it a pearl of boredom as you say. I have repeated the post below. . There is nothing wrong with predicting a 1-1 draw against Sheff Utd in view of the fact that they are no mugs and the fact that we have defensive injury problems. A draw at against Coventry is also a likely outcome. Although I do hope we win at least one of them. It is quite possible that we could lose the pair of them by a single goal if we do not keep our wits abouts us. These games are so thight against quality opposition and it often happens that whoever scores the first goal will win it. . You must realise that injuries do eventually catch up with up you and the fact that we are currently top of the table and people will raise their game against us as a result. . The result at Preston was easily to see coming as my post last Friday explains. It is not doom it is just seeing things in the cold light of day. . -------------------- -------------------- --- As for the defeat on Saturday I believe that Ed was right. We have played three games in a week with all the traveling involved, so fatique is one factor. . Secondly, with ref to my post in Friday, Preston fired their manager recently and therefore were rejuvinated and had to prove themselves to any new manager, and what better stage than in front of the league leaders. In addition, we have Daniels and Elphick missing, you can get away with it for a while but then the absences will catch up with you, . I cannot see more than a draw against Sheff Utd at best. The next three games will shape our season. If we drop points against them then it is season over. . Let's hope Mr Painter hits the floor running. . Regards . -------------------- -------------------- ---- Regards[/p][/quote]I have to say that I would be on your side on this one SMHINTO I too had an inkling that things would not go well at Preston unfortunately some people on here don't like anything that suggests anything but a win. We would all love to see us win every game but I think you had it right on this one. I know I am going to get some flak by agreeing with you but sometime we have to stick our neck out and say what we feel is right to say. Regards[/p][/quote]Get a room[/p][/quote]we will as soon as you and one of your mates vacate it!! nonnogeppetto
  • Score: 0

7:05pm Tue 19 Feb 13

Kinsonite says...

Preston defeat was always on the cards, with Preston sacking their manager etc... I would put money on it if it was not gaining at our expense.

However, I am backing us to wallop Sheff Utd as a response!
Preston defeat was always on the cards, with Preston sacking their manager etc... I would put money on it if it was not gaining at our expense. However, I am backing us to wallop Sheff Utd as a response! Kinsonite
  • Score: 0

8:59pm Tue 19 Feb 13

big_afcb_fan says...

Swindle one nil up!
Swindle one nil up! big_afcb_fan
  • Score: 0

9:12pm Tue 19 Feb 13

Phil McG (Italy) says...

Crikey! Someone in Lincoln has far too much time on his hands!

The 'pearl of boredom' and 'prophet of doom' references are based purely on what you say.
During the recent 5 match winning streak you 'predicted' draws and defeats (while hoping for a win, apparently). We can all do that, there's nothing enlightening in what you copy and paste. As someone mentioned earlier, by the law of averages we are bound to lose at some point.
Every scenario you invisage always has a negative twist to it.

To quote you (although you are quite good at that yourself!), you wrote:'I cannot see more than a draw against Sheff Utd at best. The next three games will shape our season. If we drop points against them then it is season over.'

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't getting a draw, at home, considered as dropping points i.e. we get 1 point not 3 thus dropping 2. Therefore you are stating based on your prediction our season is over?!
According to your comments since last August, our season never got started!!

Roller coasters come with twists, turns and drops but that's what makes them fun. Chill out and enjoy the ride!

Up the Cherries!!
.
Crikey! Someone in Lincoln has far too much time on his hands! The 'pearl of boredom' and 'prophet of doom' references are based purely on what you say. During the recent 5 match winning streak you 'predicted' draws and defeats (while hoping for a win, apparently). We can all do that, there's nothing enlightening in what you copy and paste. As someone mentioned earlier, by the law of averages we are bound to lose at some point. Every scenario you invisage always has a negative twist to it. To quote you (although you are quite good at that yourself!), you wrote:'I cannot see more than a draw against Sheff Utd at best. The next three games will shape our season. If we drop points against them then it is season over.' Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't getting a draw, at home, considered as dropping points i.e. we get 1 point not 3 thus dropping 2. Therefore you are stating based on your prediction our season is over?! According to your comments since last August, our season never got started!! Roller coasters come with twists, turns and drops but that's what makes them fun. Chill out and enjoy the ride! Up the Cherries!! . Phil McG (Italy)
  • Score: 0

9:45pm Tue 19 Feb 13

sagadude says...

were top of the league were top of the league we are swindon were top of the league!!

1-3. AAARRGH
were top of the league were top of the league we are swindon were top of the league!! 1-3. AAARRGH sagadude
  • Score: 0

9:50pm Tue 19 Feb 13

big_afcb_fan says...

Swindle go top, guess that takes a little bit of pressure off for now. As the old saying goes its tough at the top, over to you @STFC.
Swindle go top, guess that takes a little bit of pressure off for now. As the old saying goes its tough at the top, over to you @STFC. big_afcb_fan
  • Score: 0

9:57pm Tue 19 Feb 13

sagadude says...

One of your chaps praised us for going top. With PDC going this was an amazing result.

Very tight at the top now and you have Sheff Utd on sat.

Lets hope AFCB, STFC and Yeovil go up.
One of your chaps praised us for going top. With PDC going this was an amazing result. Very tight at the top now and you have Sheff Utd on sat. Lets hope AFCB, STFC and Yeovil go up. sagadude
  • Score: 0

10:03pm Tue 19 Feb 13

Phil McG (Italy) says...

In that order, sagadude, in that order!

Should be an interesting run in for ali concerned.

Up the Cherries!
In that order, sagadude, in that order! Should be an interesting run in for ali concerned. Up the Cherries! Phil McG (Italy)
  • Score: 0

10:10pm Tue 19 Feb 13

sagadude says...

Gratzi Phil.

Do not think we have large enough squad like AFCB to stay top, so you probably right to be honest.

Just hope our new owners can help us lose this bloody Swindle tag!

I expect in a few seasons it will all go bad again for both of us, unless we can build bigger stadiums like Reading and Saints. Money talks.
Gratzi Phil. Do not think we have large enough squad like AFCB to stay top, so you probably right to be honest. Just hope our new owners can help us lose this bloody Swindle tag! I expect in a few seasons it will all go bad again for both of us, unless we can build bigger stadiums like Reading and Saints. Money talks. sagadude
  • Score: 0

10:11pm Tue 19 Feb 13

jakeysredd says...

Would be great for the south if afcb, swindon and yeovil all went up this year, long way to go yet though, more away days within easy reach,
Would be great for the south if afcb, swindon and yeovil all went up this year, long way to go yet though, more away days within easy reach, jakeysredd
  • Score: 0

10:23pm Tue 19 Feb 13

Afcbpete says...

jakeysredd wrote:
Would be great for the south if afcb, swindon and yeovil all went up this year, long way to go yet though, more away days within easy reach,
Have to agree with you, it would be an incredible achievement given our problems at the beginning of the season, Swindle losing PDC, plus the off the field problems, and Yeovil have been fantastic to achieve the run they're on with a limited budget and crowds.
[quote][p][bold]jakeysredd[/bold] wrote: Would be great for the south if afcb, swindon and yeovil all went up this year, long way to go yet though, more away days within easy reach,[/p][/quote]Have to agree with you, it would be an incredible achievement given our problems at the beginning of the season, Swindle losing PDC, plus the off the field problems, and Yeovil have been fantastic to achieve the run they're on with a limited budget and crowds. Afcbpete
  • Score: 0

10:25pm Tue 19 Feb 13

the don69 says...

Wonder who's top of the league,no Paolo and no Ritchie!but we are top of the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!
Wonder who's top of the league,no Paolo and no Ritchie!but we are top of the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! the don69
  • Score: 0

10:57pm Tue 19 Feb 13

jakeysredd says...

Afcbpete wrote:
jakeysredd wrote:
Would be great for the south if afcb, swindon and yeovil all went up this year, long way to go yet though, more away days within easy reach,
Have to agree with you, it would be an incredible achievement given our problems at the beginning of the season, Swindle losing PDC, plus the off the field problems, and Yeovil have been fantastic to achieve the run they're on with a limited budget and crowds.
Went to see Yeovil at poole town in a pre-season and they were relegation candidates in my opinion, Eight wins in a row has shot them up the league, cant believe they only had just over 4000 last game !!! Big game for us on Sat, full house again,
[quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jakeysredd[/bold] wrote: Would be great for the south if afcb, swindon and yeovil all went up this year, long way to go yet though, more away days within easy reach,[/p][/quote]Have to agree with you, it would be an incredible achievement given our problems at the beginning of the season, Swindle losing PDC, plus the off the field problems, and Yeovil have been fantastic to achieve the run they're on with a limited budget and crowds.[/p][/quote]Went to see Yeovil at poole town in a pre-season and they were relegation candidates in my opinion, Eight wins in a row has shot them up the league, cant believe they only had just over 4000 last game !!! Big game for us on Sat, full house again, jakeysredd
  • Score: 0

11:48pm Tue 19 Feb 13

Paul morello legend says...

How do I change my name to Paul morrell. Awful sight
How do I change my name to Paul morrell. Awful sight Paul morello legend
  • Score: 0

2:09am Wed 20 Feb 13

STEADY EDDIE 1 for the road says...

the don69 wrote:
Wonder who's top of the league,no Paolo and no Ritchie!but we are top of the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!
You are welcome to top spot, it's cursed.!!!!!. Preston do enjoy beating the top-dogs so watch them.
[quote][p][bold]the don69[/bold] wrote: Wonder who's top of the league,no Paolo and no Ritchie!but we are top of the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !![/p][/quote]You are welcome to top spot, it's cursed.!!!!!. Preston do enjoy beating the top-dogs so watch them. STEADY EDDIE 1 for the road
  • Score: 0

2:11am Wed 20 Feb 13

STEADY EDDIE 1 for the road says...

sagadude wrote:
One of your chaps praised us for going top. With PDC going this was an amazing result.

Very tight at the top now and you have Sheff Utd on sat.

Lets hope AFCB, STFC and Yeovil go up.
I would settle for that.!!!!!!.
[quote][p][bold]sagadude[/bold] wrote: One of your chaps praised us for going top. With PDC going this was an amazing result. Very tight at the top now and you have Sheff Utd on sat. Lets hope AFCB, STFC and Yeovil go up.[/p][/quote]I would settle for that.!!!!!!. STEADY EDDIE 1 for the road
  • Score: 0

6:57am Wed 20 Feb 13

Chish and Fips says...

STEADY EDDIE 1 for the road wrote:
the don69 wrote:
Wonder who's top of the league,no Paolo and no Ritchie!but we are top of the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


!!
You are welcome to top spot, it's cursed.!!!!!. Preston do enjoy beating the top-dogs so watch them.
Could well be - could be like the manager month award. At least we don't have that one to worry about as well :o/

We have to grab what we can at the moment in the face of adversity.

I'l just whisper it for now .... yes we are top of league, yes we are top of the league.

Think we have more pressing things in the mix than this at this particular time.
[quote][p][bold]STEADY EDDIE 1 for the road[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the don69[/bold] wrote: Wonder who's top of the league,no Paolo and no Ritchie!but we are top of the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !![/p][/quote]You are welcome to top spot, it's cursed.!!!!!. Preston do enjoy beating the top-dogs so watch them.[/p][/quote]Could well be - could be like the manager month award. At least we don't have that one to worry about as well :o/ We have to grab what we can at the moment in the face of adversity. I'l just whisper it for now .... yes we are top of league, yes we are top of the league. Think we have more pressing things in the mix than this at this particular time. Chish and Fips
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree