FIRST-half goals from Danny Hollands and Josh McQuoid earned Cherries a comfortable victory over League One strugglers Yeovil Town last night.

Eddie Howe’s men made light of a raft of injuries to see off the West Country outfit with a stylish display to maintain their excellent home record.

Hollands paved the way for Cherries’ seventh league win at Dean Court this season when he rammed home a fiercely-struck opener after 19 minutes.

And man of the moment McQuoid made it seven goals in four starts when he dispatched a stunning strike past Yeovil goalkeeper John Sullivan in the 36th minute.

In truth, but for the heroics of Sullivan, Howe’s rampant team, who went third in the table, could have run up a cricket score such was their dominance in this one-sided contest.

Howe made four changes to his starting line-up with Shwan Jalal, Marc Pugh and Shaun Cooper all ruled out through injury, while loan striker Nicholas Bignall dropped to the bench.

Jon Stewart, who replaced Jalal at Leyton Orient on Saturday, was handed his full debut between the sticks with Steve Fletcher making his first start in League One since May 2007.

Marvin Bartley and Liam Feeney were also recalled with teenage striker Danny Ings among the substitutes. Michael Symes also returned to the bench following injury.

Feeney went mightily close to giving Cherries a dream start when he drilled a low shot against the base of the upright inside the opening 150 seconds.

And Fletcher was then denied by a smart reaction save from John Sullivan, the Glovers goalkeeper beating away his first-time shot following great work by Josh McQuoid.

As chances came thick and fast, McQuoid fired narrowly wide after latching on to a clever flick from Harry Arter and letting fly with a venomous drive from around 20 yards.

Stewart was called into action after 18 minutes, the rookie goalkeeper standing tall to save well from Andy Williams after the Yeovil striker had burst clear.

Hollands gave Cherries the lead when he capitalised on some hesitancy in the visitors’ ranks to smash home the loose ball from just inside the 18-yard box.

It was the midfielder’s third goal in eight games and deserved reward for an enterprising opening from Howe’s injury-hit side.

However, Cherries had an escape just minutes later when Dean Bowditch found space in behind the hosts’ defence, only to loft his shot wide of the target.

McQuoid, who looked sharp throughout the first half, was again denied by Sullivan following another incisive pass from playmaker Arter.

The striker, forced wide by a covering defender, saw his angled drive pushed away by Sullivan as the Glovers survived another chance.

But there was no reprieve when McQuoid doubled Cherries’ lead with a stunning solo goal, his 12th of the season, after 36 minutes.

The 20-year-old left for dead his marker Adam Virgo with a nifty piece of footwork before unleashing a right-foot bullet into the top corner from 20 yards.

And after Virgo’s free-kick had been deflected wide at the opposite end, McQuoid again carved open the Yeovil defence, only to see his shot trickle past the post.

Another wondrous save from Sullivan again thwarted McQuoid as Cherries went close to adding a third just 30 seconds after the interval.

A move started by Arter sent Feeney scampering down the left flank. And after he had crossed, McQuoid arrived to pull the trigger at the far post, only for Sullivan to throw himself full length to block.

Stewart also distinguished himself with a smart save, diving to his right to parry after Yeovil’s new loan signing Ivan Sproule had met a deep cross with a thumping volley.

Referee Keith Stroud allowed Luke Ayling’s late lunge on Fletcher to go unpunished, while the official also took a lenient stance with Sam Williams after he had caught Rhoys Wiggins with an elbow, the Glovers striker only seeing yellow.

Sam Williams appeared to not take it too kindly when Yeovil supporters cheered when he was subbed after 68 minutes, while Cherries also made a change with Bignall coming on for McQuoid.

Ayling was finally carded for felling Feeney before Symes entered the fray as a 75th-minute replacement for Fletcher, who received a warm ovation as he left the pitch.

Arter could have no complaints when he was booked for tripping Adam Phillip, while Andy Williams also saw yellow for a foul on Adam Smith.

Stewart retreated to pluck Craig Alcock’s deflected cross from underneath the crossbar before Arter scuffed wide following an electrifying run and cross from Bignall.

Yeovil’s man of the match Sullivan, who won the award by a distance, saved with his knees after Bignall had let fly from close range before Stewart got down to push away a low drive from Phillip.