A TRIO of Cherries played their part as Wales took one step closer to qualifying for this summer’s Euros in Germany with a 4-1 win over Finland in their league A play-off semi-final.

Goals from Cherries’ David Brooks, Neco Williams, Harry Wilson, and Daniel James were more than enough for Wales to steer past Finland, who claimed a consolation goal through Teemu Pukki.

Cherries defender Chris Mepham was given the nod at the back whilst Southampton loanee David Brooks formed part of a Welsh attack that did not include Kieffer Moore, the temporary Ipswich player starting on the bench.

It was a perfect start for the hosts, who took the lead inside three minutes.

A bursting run into the box by former Cherries loanee Harry Wilson resulted in a shot that was saved by Lukas Hradecky in the Finland goal.

However, the rebound fell to the arriving Brooks, who still had a tall ask of capturing the loose, high ball and turning it home to send the Cardiff City Stadium into raptures.

Seven minutes before the break, Wales would make it 2-0.

Tottenham Hotspur attacker Johnson was fouled inside the d just outside the Finnish box, giving Cymru a free kick in a tempting position.

Wilson and Nottingham Forest defender Williams stood over the set-piece, the former rolling the ball forward for the latter to curl into the top right corner of the goal.

On the hour mark, Moore was introduced in place of Brooks.

But before Wales could get into the break with their two-goal lead, Finland would find a reply.

Finnish record goalscorer Pukki found himself free inside the Welsh box, and made no mistake as he tucked home to reduce the deficit.

Wales’ response would come after the interval, another goal from a dead ball.

Whipped in towards the back post, the ball was headed back to Brooks by Ethan Ampadu.

The attacker found Johnson in acres of space at the near post, the Spurs forward tucking home to restore Wales’ cushion.

With 10 minutes to go, Wales though they had sealed the result when captain Ben Davies nodded a corner over the line.

Whilst not originally given until awarded by goal line technology, a VAR check deemed that Joe Rodon had interfered with play from an offside position and thus caused the goal to be cancelled.

However, Wales would make sure of the game with a fourth goal.

Substitute James pressed Miro Tehno as the Finnish centre-half dallied on the ball midway through his own half, winning the ball before bearing down on goal and scoring past Hradecky.

Wales will go on to face Poland in the final after the Poles eased past 10-man Estonia 5-1 in the other semi-final of their league A play-off branch.

The Welsh will once again have home advantage, hosting Poland at the Cardiff City Stadium on Tuesday, March 26.