WIMBORNE Town were pegged back late on by the eight men of Cribbs, drawing 2-2 at New Cuthbury.

In the first half Josh Bennett had given Cribbs the lead after capitalising upon chaos following a free-kick, before Oakley Hanger ensured parity heading into the break as his own dead ball evaded everyone before ending up in the back of the net.

Three red cards in 24 minutes from the away side, combined with Cam Munn’s powerful strike on 64 minutes, seemingly had the game sewn up for Magpies.

But David Duru went against the script, powering home at a corner in the dying stages to ensure the spoils were shared.

Wimborne gave their guests some early warning signs at set-pieces. Twice defender Sam Jackson met corners but his headers were off target, whilst Billy Walker turned over Hanger’s free kick.

It proved to be a first half dictated by dead balls, with both teams grabbing a goal from free-kick scenarios.

Harris Feltham whipped in a free-kick that Wimborne could not quite clear; the ball landing to Bennett to smash home and open scores with Cribbs’ first chance of the game.

However, the away side’s lead would last just six minutes. A free-kick fired in by Hanger found no one – not even a Cribbs defender - as the ball ended up in the back of the net.

Wimborne’s chances of victory were increased early on in the second period when Cribbs’ Ross McErlain received his marching orders for a second yellow.

The hosts would soon take advantage of having a man more via a spectacular Munn strike.

Letting fly from range, Munn’s volley rocketed into the top corner to give Magpies a 2-1 lead on 64 minutes.

Shortly after, Cribbs would be down to nine and Magpies would have a penalty.

Sonny Harnett-Balkwill became the second Cribbs player to reach two bookings, heading in for an early bath, but goalkeeper Mac Boyd denied Harry Morgan from the spot.

Minutes following the penalty, there would be another red card for the away side.

Asya Corrick saw a straight red for his heavy challenge, leaving his side to hunt for an equaliser with eight men.

And they somehow found one in the 88th minute.

With goalkeeper Boyd up for a corner to bolster numbers, the away side caused enough chaos inside the Wimborne area to allow Duru to fire home and ensure the spoils were shared.        

Wimborne: Flitney; Hanger (Griffin, 82), Jackson, Walker, Scorey; Beale, Neale (Hoey, 90+5), Munn, Burrows, Morgan; Lovell (Baker, 75).

Unused subs: Cocklin, Griffin, Baker, Hoey, Carmichael.