POOLE Town fell to a third straight defeat in a row with a 3-0 home loss to Hanwell Town, the first time Dolphins have lost three consecutive league games since the end of the 2021-22 season.

Two goals in the opening 11 minutes from Jacob Bancroft and Daniel Carr left Poole trailing throughout, Bancroft making sure of the result 15 minutes from time.

Manager Matt Tubbs made no changes to the side defeated 5-4 by Salisbury at Tatnam Farm on Tuesday night, captain Jamie Whisken and talisman Tony Lee remaining on the bench.

Early on Harvey Wright was well placed to clear Elliot Benyon’s header off the line.

But minutes later, the away side would lead.

A ball across the box found an unmarked Bancroft, the Hanwell attacker keeping his cool to open scores.

Dolphins’ bad start got even worse when Sam Evans found Carr, the winger lobbing Lloyd Thomas to leave Poole stunned.

Shortly after, Luke Nippard’s misjudged clearance inside the box allowed Carr to volley goalwards, his effort crashing off the crossbar.

The rest of the first half passed by without major chances, although Hanwell ended the half with a spell of pressure on the Poole goal that was just about dealt with.

Needing something different to get back into the game, Dolphins boss Tubbs turned to Tony Lee on his bench at the break.

In the opening stages of the second period, Dwayne Duncan’s sliced attempt to clear the ball saw it instead fall to substitute Lee, the striker’s effort blocked by Hanwell keeper Samuel Beasant.

On the hour mark Beasant’s spilled collection saw the ball loose in the six-yard box, Poole unable to punish the Hanwell goalie’s error.

Dolphins maintained pressure on the Hanwell goal without producing much of note.

But the game would be over with 15 minutes remaining.

Kaya Tshaka was caught in possession at the back, allowing Hanwell to slip the ball to Bancroft.

The Hanwell attacker curled into the far corner for his second, and effectively put the game to bed.

Poole searched for something, anything.

Holmes got to the byline and cut the ball back to Lee, the striker’s sliding effort somehow turned away by Beasant.

The pair would combine again shortly after, Holmes’ cross on the goal line headed on target by Lee.

Lee’s header had beaten Beasant, but Duncan cleared off the line to preserve the away side’s clean sheet.

A third chance went begging in added time. Wright surged forward, his effort parried by Beasant.

The rebound fell to Holmes, but his effort was headed off the line by Calum Duffy.

Dolphins: Thomas; Nippard, Rose, Wright, Tshaka (Hutchinson, 90+3), Murray, Fogden, Slade, Pardoe (Monk, 85), Samadi (Lee, h-t); Holmes. 

Unused subs: Whisken, Lowes.