POOLE Town conspired to lose 5-4 at home to title-chasing Salisbury after thrice leading by two goals.

Kai Samadi was the star turn in the first half for Poole, scoring twice, before Luke Pardoe nullified Sam Perry’s header to see Poole enter the break 3-1 up.

Charlie Gunson briefly reduced arrears, only for Toby Holmes to reinstate Poole’s two-goal lead.

But Salisbury rallied again, Dan Fitchett pulling one back before Noah Coppin levelled matters from the spot.

Coppin then found the winner, before Tony Lee missed the chance to steal a point for Poole, blasting a penalty over the bar.

Dolphins started brightly, buzzing about the Salisbury half with industry and purpose. 

Poole flowed forward, culminating in Harvey Slade slipping in Samadi.

Then youngster kept his cool to blast past Joshua Gould in the Salisbury goal to open scores on seven minutes.

Eastleigh loanee Kaya Tshaka went close moments later, surging forward from his own half before firing into the side netting after entering the area. 

The game entered a lull, with Salisbury enjoying more possession without threatening the Poole Town goal.

On 36 minutes, Samadi would have his second.

After winning the ball on the halfway line the former Cherries youngster embarked on a run into the Salisbury box before firing home to double Dolphins’ lead.

But shortly before the break, Salisbury would claw one back.

A flicked header at a corner found Perry unmarked at the back stick, the Salisbury man rifling his effort into the roof of the net.

There was still enough time in the first half for Poole to restore their two-goal margin, however.

Pardoe received the ball on the edge of the area, Gould getting a hand to the effort but not enough to prevent the hosts a third. 

Shortly after the restart Salisbury had halved the deficit once more.

Former Dorchester midfielder Gunson rounded off a counter with a tap-in, giving Salisbury life.

However, Poole would again reply instantly. A ball over the top found Holmes, who coolly rolled the ball past the onrushing Gould before stroking into the empty net. 

On the hour mark, Samadi must have thought he had his hat-trick.

A feint inside the box opened up a shooting opportunity at close range, but Gould spread himself large enough to somehow turn the ball around the post.

Salisbury were not out of the game yet, the away side pulling another back with substitute Fitchett getting on the end of Noah Coppin’s cross into the goalmouth.

Fitchett would be involved in the equaliser in the final minutes of normal time.

Declan Rose struggled to clear a throw-in, the ball bouncing around the six-yard box.

Clumsily Rose lunged at the loose ball, allowing Fitchett to collapse and earn his side a penalty.

Coppin took the spot kick, sending it down the middle to restore parity.

Heading into eight added minutes, there was plenty of drama to come.

Salisbury would first complete the comeback as Aaron Simpson’s cross into the box found Coppin who turned home the game’s ninth goal.

Behind for the first time on the night, Poole searched for an equaliser of their own.

It looked like they would have the perfect chance when a penalty was awarded for Gould’s late challenge on a Poole attacker.

Substitute Tony Lee stepped up to take the spot kick, only to smash it well over the bar.

Dolphins: Thomas; Nippard (Whisken, 72), Rose, Wright, Tshaka, Samadi (Monk, 66), Murray, Fogden, Pardoe, Slade, Holmes (Lee, 77).

Unused subs: Hutchinson, Lee.

Booked: Rose, Thomas.