POOLE Town boss Matt Tubbs was left frustrated after his side’s clash with Winchester City was abandoned shortly after the break, continuing Dolphins’ stilted schedule.

Harvey Slade had cancelled out Winchester Daniel Jones’ opener in the first half, before five minutes into the second period the floodlights went out, prompting the cancelling of the game.

After suffering multiple postponements throughout November, Dolphins returned to action with a 2-0 defeat away at Sholing.

There was a quick return to action on Tuesday, Poole travelling to south Wales to defeat Merthyr Town 2-0.

That left Tubbs ruing the stop-start nature to recent weeks.

He told the Daily Echo: “Frustrating, really frustrating.

“We had that spell of two weeks where we had quite a lot of games called off in that period.

“Then we play Sholing where we got beat and then we dusted ourselves down, went to Merthyr, we had a great result.

“You’re starting to think right, ‘the games are coming now, we can get back in the swing of it.’

“I don't think we started very well (against Winchester), if I'm being honest.

“I thought we grew into the game as the first half went on and then obviously in a half time and then we come out and then the lights go off.

“So, frustrating because all we want is that momentum now.

“And I think this is just going to be another Tuesday night game that we're going to have to fit into our busy schedule.

“I think Craig (Davis) the Winch manager would probably say exactly the same.

“He didn't want it off, we didn't want it off. We just wanted to want to play it.

“We wanted to keep the momentum going. But like I said, at 1-1, it was a relatively even game up until the lights went.

“It was probably quite a good game for the neutral to come and watch. But it's just one of those things is it can't be helped. If you’re losing 4-0 and it goes off, then you'll probably be the happier one or vice versa. - you want it to go on. But it was an even game.

“Unfortunately for them, it happened, and now they’ve got to come back to us on a Tuesday night.”

Elsewhere Wimborne’s trip to Paulton Rovers in the Southern League Division One South was postponed before kick off, whilst Hamworthy Recreation’s FA Vase clash with Wells City was abandoned at half time due to fog, with scores level at 0-0.