POOLE Town secured safe passage through to the third qualifying round of the FA Cup with a 3-0 win over Horndean.

A goal credited to Tony Lee separated the two sides at the break, before Poole made sure of the result via Toby Holmes and substitute Destiny Ojo.

Dolphins travelled over the county border into Hampshire to face a side plying their trade in the step below Poole, Horndean now occupying a spot in the Isthmian League South East Division following their Wessex Premier League triumph last term.

Luke Nippard returned to the starting XI in the only change to the side that defeated Gosport Borough 2-0 in the week, Billy Lowes missing out from the squad entirely due to being cup-tied for an appearance in an earlier round of the competition with Bashley.

Remy Coddington returned to the bench following his stint away with the Bermuda national team, where he picked up two more international caps.

Both sides could only muster half chances for the majority of the first half, Dolphins finding the breakthrough five minutes before the interval.

A scramble at a corner ended up with the ball in the back of the net, striker Lee claiming the goal as his ninth of the season from nine games.

The second period was not action packed either, Poole waiting till midway through the half to make sure of the result.

An extended spell of possession culminated in Ojo crossing for Holmes to stab home with 15 minutes remaining.

After serving as provider for the second, Ojo himself got on the scoresheet four minutes later, latching onto Lee’s through ball to score his third goal in Poole colours.

Dolphins enter the hat for Monday’s draw for the third qualifying round, earning £3,375 for their exploits.

No new sides enter at this stage of the competition, meaning Poole could face opposition from as high as the league above, or as low as the ninth tier.

Dolphins: Evans, Rose, Whisken, Wright, Hutchinson; Nippard (Santos, 81), Fogden, Murray; Pardoe (Ojo, 70), Lee (Samadi, 85), Holmes.

Unused subs: Butler (g/k), Coddington.