CAMERON Carter-Vickers revealed he would be “open” to staying for longer at Cherries but insisted it was something to be looked at come the end of the season.

The powerful centre-back, on loan at the Dorset club from Tottenham, scored his first goal for Jonathan Woodgate’s side to seal a 2-1 victory at Bristol City on Wednesday.

It capped a resurgent few weeks for the 23-year-old, who has played every minute since Woodgate took over from Jason Tindall at Vitality Stadium last month.

Carter-Vickers had played on loan for the likes of Sheffield United, Ipswich, Swansea, Stoke and Luton before his latest arrival at Cherries.

He was plagued by an ankle injury under Tindall at the start of the campaign before becoming a key figure in Woodgate’s defensive unit.

Assessing his time at Cherries so far, the centre-back told the Daily Echo: “I’ve enjoyed it. Obviously the first half of the season when I wasn’t playing, I was out injured and it was difficult for me personally.

“But all the boys and the staff were great with me, even then.

“Now, to get in the team and get a run of games under my belt is good. I’m enjoying my football and it’s going well.”

Carter-Vickers came through the youth ranks at Spurs having arrived at the north London side at under-10 level.

He has made four senior appearances for his parent club and has another season left on his contract at the Premier League side.

Asked whether Cherries was somewhere he would like to stay for the long-term, the United States international replied: “Yeah, I think, that’s a question that I’ll have to just kind of (go) deeper into at the end of the season.

“But it’s definitely something that I’m open to and something that I’d definitely be up for come the end of the season.

“But the most important thing now is to get to the end of the season and then take it from there really.”

Carter-Vickers was in the right place at Ashton Gate. The ball flicked off his backside to win the game for Cherries against the Robins – following Philip Billing’s back-post header.

It was just his second goal at senior level, the other came for Sheffield United at Bolton in September 2017.

The defender said: “I knew it had hit me – to be fair, I wasn’t really sure what happened! I haven’t seen it back yet but I knew it hit me at some point and ended up in the back of the net.

“Every game in this league is difficult and sometimes it gets like that where you are just pushing and pushing and you’ve got to fight to get the goal you need.

“Obviously when it comes, it’s massive. It was a tough game but to get across the line at the end was important.

“We want to keep winning games, stay in the play-off positions and keep pushing on as much as we can.

“We just want to take it a game at a time and try to win every game that we go into.”