NATHAN Ake bagged a dramatic stoppage time winner as Cherries sealed a first Premier League victory over Tottenham, just as the nine-man visitors looked to be clinging on for a point.

Spurs have had the better of this fixture since Cherries joined the top flight, racking up multiple big wins including the 5-0 at Wembley back in December.

And they created all the early chances with surprise starter Mark Travers the stand-out man with a string of fine saves in the Cherries net.

But the game swung when Son Heung-Min saw shown a straight red card for a shove on Jefferson Lerma two minutes before half-time while Juan Foyth was also dismissed for a lunge on Jack Simpson moments after the restart.

Cherries huffed and puffed in search of a winner and just as time looked to be running out, Ake rose highest to powerfully head home a Ryan Fraser corner and send Vitality Stadium into raptures.

The 1-0 win, a first victory at home since January, means Cherries can still break their record Premier League points tally with a win at Crystal Palace on the final day next weekend.

With more injuries taking hold of the squad, Eddie Howe made four changes from the side which drew at Southampton. David Brooks (ankle) and Dan Gosling (calf) missed out while Chris Mepham and Artur Boruc dropped to the bench. In came Fraser, Adam Smith and Jordon Ibe, making his first appearance since March.

The fourth switch was the most eye-catching with young goalkeeper Travers handed a Cherries debut, becoming the first teenage goalkeeper to start a Premier League match since Joe Hart for Man City in 2006.

And he had to endure a nervy moment early on as Lucas Moura spotted the former Weymouth loanee off his line and tried his luck from just inside his own half, but the shot bounced just wide.

Chances were hard to come by for Cherries but they were presented with an opportunity when Eric Dier was booked for tripping Ryan Fraser. The Scot stepped up himself and curled the free-kick narrowly off target.

Spurs began to turn the screw but found an inspired goalkeeper in their way in the shape of Travers. The 19-year-old flew to his right to tip away Dele Alli’s 20-yard strike before making an acrobatic stop to deny a Moura from the edge of the box.

The Brazilian forward was soon in again, breaking beyond the defence but Travers made a save with his legs to preserve the clean sheet after half an hour.

Son fired over minutes later before Travers produced an acrobatic stop to tip over a Moura header.

Cherries were looking threatening on the counter-attack but one of their attempts was crudely stopped when Dier slid in on the marauding Joshua King. Fans howled for a second yellow for the England man, but referee Craig Pawson let play continue.

The end of the first half livened up further when Wilson was taken down in the box by Dier, but again Pawson was unmoved.

Hugo Lloris was finally tested in the Spurs goal on 38 minutes when King got in behind, but his shot was saved before he collided with the Frenchman.

While Tottenham may have been fortunate to still boast a full complement, they were down to 10 men before the half was out.

After Pawson awarded Cherries a free-kick, Son lashed out and shoved Lerma to the ground and the referee had no hesitation in sending off the forward.

The hosts then carved out their clearest opening of the half as a corner was cleared back out to Fraser, who delivered back into the box for Simpson, but his header was straight at Lloris.

Mauricio Pochettino made a double switch at the break, replacing the yellow carded Alderweireld and Dier with Foyth and Victor Wanyama.

But things went from bad to worse for the visitors as just two minutes after coming on, Foyth was heading back down the tunnel after a horror challenge on Simpson, sliding in and catching the centre-back on his knee.

Knowing a point would be huge in their quest for Champions League qualification, Spurs set up camp with a 4-3-1 formation and challenged Cherries to break them down.

But Howe’s men struggled to find that killer moment with Callum Wilson and Nathaniel Clyne firing wide before Ibe was stopped by Lloris.

Lys Mousset was introduced for the first 15 minutes and he almost made an instant impact, lashing an effort on target and then planting a header straight into the grateful arms of the Spurs keeper.

Cherries carved out another chance as the game headed towards stoppage time from a set piece as Fraser delivered to Mousset, whose header was blocked out to Ake, but again the effort was stopped.

But there was still time as Fraser delivered a corner into the heart of the penalty area, which was met by Ake to head in his fourth league goal of the campaign as Cherries climb to 12th.

Cherries: Travers; Smith, S. Cook, Simpson, Clyne; Fraser, Lerma, Ake, King; Ibe (Mousset, 76); Wilson.

Unused subs: Mepham, Ofoborh, Taylor, Hyndman, Surridge, Boruc (g/k).

Booked: Lerma

Tottenham: Lloris; Trippier, Alderweireld (Foyth, h-t), Sanchez, Rose; Sissoko (Davies, 82), Dier (Wanyama, h-t); Eriksen, Alli, Son; Moura.

Unused subs: Skipp, Janssen, Llorente, Gazzaniga (g/k).

Booked: Dier, Alderweireld, Sissoko, Alli, Wanyama

Sent off: Son, Foyth

Referee: Craig Pawson

Attendance: 10,630