BOSS Will Croker said he was not disappointed “walking wounded” Bournemouth missed out on a try-scoring bonus after victory at fourth-placed Ivybridge.

The South West Premier champions sealed a league double over the Devonians with a 30-24 away victory.

After losing two-try hero Mike Pope at half-time to injury, plus replacement Mike Treloar prior to kick off, Croker was delighted his side managed to record a 22nd victory from 23 games this season.

The head coach said: “One of our replacements, Mike Treloar, had injured himself in the warm up – but did not tell us because he did not want to miss out – which meant it was too late to replace him on the bench.

“Plus Mike Pope put his back out at half-time. Then our loosehead prop Joe Tarrant did something quite nasty to his knee.

“So to come here with a bit of the walking wounded against a really good side, I am not disappointed at all to miss out on the four-try scoring bonus point.”

Lions fell behind after only a minute when Ivybridge captain Charlie Briant rounded the defence, with Billy Pinkus converting.

The visitors showed their credentials six minutes later when fly-half Pope stepped inside the defence to score with Grant Hancox levelling up.

Former Exeter Chief Pope showed further brilliance four minutes before half-time when he hacked a loose ball forward from halfway into the Ivybridge 22.

He picked up the tricky bouncing ball and dotted down for his brace – and Bournemouth’s second try – with Hancox improving to 14-7.

Pinkus dragged his team to within four points a minute before the break after clearing the crossbar with a 45-metre penalty.

But in first-half added time, Bournemouth reasserted dominance to go into half-time on a high with their third try.

Lock Ben Roberts ignored the crowd’s knock-on calls by punching a hole in the defence for experienced scrum-half Sam Hardcastle to touch down.

Hancox improved to lead 21-10 at half-time with his third conversion, before Bournemouth lost Pope at the interval to an injured back.

The hosts began the stronger following the break by pulling within four points with their second try.

Briant completed his brace by stepping inside the defence with Pinkus making it 21-17.

But Hancox landed another penalty on 50 minutes from the Ivybridge 10-metre line, before adding another three points on the hour from inside the hosts' 22, to lead 27-17.

The visitors withstood heavy pressure – including a disallowed Ivybridge try for handling on the floor with nine minutes remaining. Hancox rubbed salt in the hosts’ wounds by splitting the posts with three minutes left to push out to 30-17.

With Bournemouth striving for the bonus, they conceded an added-time penalty which Pinkus fired into the corner.

That set up the catch-and-drive with number eight Adam Northcott scoring and Pinkus snatching a losing bonus.