LEWIS McManus had only a brief cameo at the crease on his Bashley debut as they sealed a winning draw against Lymington courtesy of a 279-run fest in the Southern Premier League.

Anxious for batting practice ahead of Hampshire’s Royal London Cup final against Kent at Lord’s on Saturday, McManus watched patiently as Sam Kennett (69) and Josh Digby (61), with the aid of untidy fielding, compiled a 127-run opening partnership.

When McManus did get to the crease, his innings lasted just 17 balls and eight runs before he chipped a catch to Ben Rogers at mid-wicket off Dimitri Adams (4-71).

Adams and Dom Hand bowled well in tandem for Lymington but their efforts went unrewarded as more chances were spilled.

Michael Porter (52) cashed in, hitting Josh Proctor for one massive six over mid-wicket across Bashley Common Road and into the football ground.

Proctor, working up some pace, got his own back by dismissing Porter but Mitch Wilson’s 33 not out took Bashley on to 279 for seven.

McManus got into the game with the first of three wicket-keeping catches to dismiss Hand but Ollie Calcott (48) and Ryan Scott shared a century-plus stand to increase to 117 Lymington’s reply, before the University of Southampton student was trapped leg before by Tim Taylor.

Scott went on to make 90 before becoming a fourth victim for Taylor, who went on to return a league best six for 41.

A winning draw was still within Lymington’s grasp with Simon Beetham (35) looking settled but they then lost a couple of quick wickets before Kieran Moors (16*) came to the middle.

When Beetham departed, Moors dug in and saw Lymington to the losing draw at 237 for nine.

Bashley left-armer Brad Currie suffered a stomach disorder during the match but had been due to be discharged from hospital today.

Meanwhile, Harry Foyle stole the show with his two best individual performances as St Cross Symondians thrashed hapless New Milton by 162 runs to move into fourth.

The all-rounder followed up his highest score of 89 with the bat by taking a Premier-best four for 23 at Fernhill.

St Cross, with three wins in four time pennant matches, were not in the best health at 80 for four when Foyle arrived at the crease.

But during his stay at the wicket, he struck 13 boundaries and shared useful partnerships with Dan Lunn (30), Jack Bransgrove (23) and latterly Charlie Ayres (37*), before George Watts bowled him 11 runs shy of a maiden century.

St Cross worked their way to 264 for seven, a total well beyond New Milton.

Foyle ripped out Milton’s top four to leave the Green & Golds on 47 for four, before ending his spell.

Raff Hussey’s 66 saved New Milton from total embarrassment as Harry Came (3-24) and debutant Sam Kendall (3-19) sliced through the middle and lower orders.

New Milton were bowled out for 102.