PETS have died after being poisoned with antifreeze in a Bournemouth park. 

The RSPCA has appealed for information after pets died from consuming a poisonous substance in the Redhill Park area. 

RSPCA Inspector Patrick Bailey, who is investigating for the animal welfare charity, said: “We do not know if these were accidental incidents or deliberate but we would ask for everyone in the area to check where they keep their pesticides and chemicals including antifreeze and make sure it is secure and can’t be accessed by animals.

“If you do use antifreeze in your car, please make sure that there are no leaks and any spills are cleaned up properly.

“We’ve sadly had reports of animals dying during the warmer summer months too and I’d like to speak to anyone within a one-mile radius of Redhill Park who have had pets who have died as a result of confirmed poisoning during the summer of 2023."

Anyone who deliberately poisons an animal could be prosecuted under the Animal Welfare Act 2006.

Under the Protection of Animals Act (1911) it is illegal to put out poisoned baits with the specific intention of killing foxes.

Signs of poisoning can be seen anything from 30 minutes after an animal has ingested the chemical.

However, it can be two or three days before signs of kidney failure are seen.

The charity is encouraging anyone who has any information about accidental or deliberate poisonings in the area to get in touch with the RSPCA by contacting the appeals line number on 0300 123 8018 quoting reference 1158979.

Suspected animal poisoning incidents can also be reported by calling the Wildlife Incident Investigation Scheme on 0800 321 600.