THE fire which broke out in a Bournemouth hotel was believed to have been started by a tumble dryer.

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service (DWFRS) were called to the Hermitage Hotel in Exeter Road on Tuesday evening.

A spokesperson for DWFRS said: “We received a call just after 5.30pm yesterday with reports of a fire within the Hermitage Hotel on Exeter Road, Bournemouth.

“Crews from Springbourne, Redhill, Westbourne, Christchurch and Poole were mobilised along with the support unit from Hamworthy and the aerial ladder platform from Westbourne.

“On arrival crews were informed of a fire within one of the rooms on the first floor of the building.

“Six breathing apparatus wearers used two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire which was believed to have been caused by a tumble dryer.

“No casualties were reported and the stop message came in at 6:33pm.”