FIREFIGHTERS were called to address in Poole after reports of a chimney fire.

A crew from Redhill Park were summoned to Magna Road at 10pm on Saturday February 27, after a member of the public informed emergency services of sparks seen coming from the chimney of a building in the Bear Cross area.

An aerial ladder platform from Westbourne assisted the Poole based crew, and the fire was put out using a single hose reel.

A spokesman said: “Redhill Park crew were mobilised to a property in Magna Road after a caller reported sparks from a chimney.

“Once in attendance they requested the attendance of the nearest aerial ladder platform to assist in dealing with the fire and so Westbourne aerial crew were mobilised.

“The chimney fire was then able to be extinguished using a hose reel from the aerial appliance.”