A FIRE broke out at a property in Boscombe in the early hours of Friday morning, February 19.

Firefighters rushed to the three-storey residential property in Christchurch Road at 5.24am.

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service received a report of a fire in one of the bedrooms.

The blaze was confined to a bedroom on the first floor and involved a storage heater and bedding.

All occupants were accounted for and were able to safely evacuate due to working smoke alarms.

Firefighters from Westbourne, Springbourne, Redhill and Christchurch attended the incident along with the aerial ladder platform.

Six breathing apparatus wearers used two hose reel jets and ventilation to extinguish the fire.

The incident was dealt with at 6.33am with one crew from Springbourne remaining on the scene for a short time after along with a fire officer.