FIRE crews were called to West Howe on Saturday morning to a fire in the ground floor kitchen of a property.

One crew attended the blaze in Poole Lane, which involved an electric kettle.

A spokesperson for Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Pump from Redhill Park attended a property due to alarms sounding.

“Crews got in attendance and confirmed there was a fire in the ground floor kitchen involving an electric kettle which out extinguished by removal. Crews ventilated the property and making safe.”

The incident happened just after 8.40am.