A MOTORCYCLIST has died following a collision with a motor caravan on a road between Studland and Corfe Castle yesterday evening.

Police are calling for information after the crash, which involved a black Royal Enfield Himalayan motorbike and a white Peugeot Boxer caravan.

Officers, paramedics and firefighters were called a stretch of the B3351 near Rempstone just after 6pm. Despite the efforts of the emergency services, the biker, a man in his 30s who lived in Poole, died at the scene.

His family has been informed and is being supported by specially-trained officers.

Road closures were put in place to allow emergency services to respond to the incident and for an examination of the collision scene to be carried out.

Sergeant Mark Scammell, of the traffic unit, said: “Our thoughts are with the family of the motorcyclist at this time and we are determined to carry out a detailed investigation to establish the full circumstances of this collision.

“I am appealing to anyone who witnessed the collision and has not already spoken to police, or anyone who may have captured it on dashcam, to please contact us.

“As ever, I would like to thank members of the public for their patience and understanding during the road closures, which are vital to allow the emergency services to respond and for an investigation of the scene to be carried out.”

Anyone with information should contact police via dorset.police.uk or by calling 101, quoting 21:334.

The crash was the second serious incident on a Dorset road in just under six hours. At 12.30pm on the same day, a motorcyclist in his 40s suffered life-threatening injuries in a collision with a tractor.

Police and paramedics were called to Long Lane by the junction with Druce Lane in Puddletown after a crash involving a red Ducati motorbike and a tractor.

The motorcyclist, a man aged in his 40s from the Dorchester area, sustained serious injuries and was taken by air ambulance to Southampton General Hospital. 

His next of kin have been informed and are being supported by officers.

The driver of the tractor was uninjured.