A TEENAGER died of heart failure after taking a fatal overdose of MDMA in a Bournemouth club, an inquest heard yesterday.

Daniel Eades – the son of former Poole mayor Philip Eades and Sarah Eades – was just 19 when he accidentally overdosed at Halo in Exeter Road.

Although his younger sister Victoria, then 17, took him back to the family’s Poole home in a taxi, Mr Eades began fitting and an ambulance was called.

He was rushed to Poole Hospital where, despite the efforts of doctors, he was pronounced dead shortly before 4am on September 15 last year.

Mr Eades, a former Poole Grammar School pupil who worked as an insurance salesman, had been seriously ill with fluid on his lungs in February 2018. However, he recovered well from his illness.

His family knew he had taken MDMA, otherwise known as ecstasy, in August 2018 and used drugs occasionally and recreationally.

A statement written by Mr Eades’ sister was read aloud during the inquest.

In it, she said Mr Eades had shown her four “rocks” of MDMA before he went out for the night. She later saw him on the dancefloor at Halo and noticed he looked unusually “sweaty”.

He asked her to get him some water and used it to take MDMA. He had already taken the drug in the toilets at the Moon in the Square pub before arriving at the club, it was heard.

Miss Eades then saw her brother “stumbling about” with his “head down”. She and her boyfriend took him to the family home in Constitution Hill Road in a taxi, but his condition quickly deteriorated.

Dr Xaintoun, who carried out the post-mortem examination, said Mr Eades’ heart was “very large” and the aorta “not normal”.

However, he added: “Without the MDMA, he would have survived many, many years without having trouble.” The level of ecstasy in Mr Eades’ blood was “very severe”, he said.

Detective Inspector Phil Swanton of Dorset Police said an investigation into who supplied Mr Eades with the drug is under way.

Assistant coroner for Dorset Stephen Nicholls concluded Mr Eades had died a drug-related death.

Mr Eades’ mum Sarah paid tribute to her son, who was a “true personality with a zest for life,” during the inquest.