A BOURNEMOUTH woman is believed to have died as a result of an overdose of pills.

Hayley Joanne Cooper, 49, was found dead at her home in Charminster Road, Bournemouth, by emergency crews on December 1 last year, Dorset Coroner's Court heard.

Coroner's officer Ken McEwan said: "She had not been seen or heard from for a couple of days, a cause for concern was raised. The ambulance attended and requested the fire service to assist with a forced entry."

Mrs Cooper, a widow, was found deceased inside, beside empty bottles of medication which had been prescribed to her husband.

Coroner Rachael Griffin read from a pathologist's report which had found the provisional cause of death to be fatal levels of painkiller morphine and antidepressants amitriptyline and nortriptyline.

She adjourned the inquest until July 24.