THREE men have been injured after a car was driven at them outside a nightclub in Bournemouth.

The casualties were hit by the vehicle at around 2.20am today.

Dorset Police were called to Halo in Exeter Road following reports of a serious assault between staff and two men.

Shortly before, two men had been involved in a row with staff before leaving the area.

A black Vauxhall Corsa was then driven directly at the staff members.

Two men have been arrested, one on suspicion of attempted murder.

The road was closed between Gervis Place and the nightclub until mid-morning, with a cordon in place to allow officers to thoroughly examine the scene.

A Corsa which collided with a lamppost yards from the club's front door was still at the scene this morning awaiting recovery.

The black vehicle, which has a rear spoiler and missing glass in the driver's side window, appeared to have hit the post with such force that the bumper was torn from the front.

There was also debris all around the damaged car. Glass and shattered plastic remains at the scene this afternoon.

A pile of fluorescent jackets could also be seen heaped in the doorway to the club.

Officers used plastic markers to indicate areas of evidence. One detective could be seen taking photographs of the front door of Halo.

The nightclub is based in a former church.

Last night, clubbers turned out for Christmas event 'naughty or nice'.

Hours before the incident took place, a post was loaded to Halo's Facebook page which read: "We're expecting a big turn out for tonight's Naughty or Nice party."

Three men sustained injuries which are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing during the incident.

Paramedics rushed the casualties to Poole Hospital

A 19-year-old man from Blandford has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and a driving offence.

A 21-year-old Poole man has been arrested on suspicion of assault. They are both currently assisting officers with their enquiries.

Chief Inspector Heather Dixey, of Dorset Police, said: “There were a number of people in the area at the time and I am appealing to anyone who witnessed the incident and has not yet spoken to police to please get in touch.”

Halo's owner and CEO Ty Temel said: "We do not wish to make any comments regarding the incident until the police have finished their investigation but I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the public for the overwhelming support we have received today and would like to state that everyone involved is doing fine."