Footage of the moment police divers brought the bundle containing the body of missing mum Samantha Henderson out of a lake was played to jurors today.

PC Michael Beck, a diver with Avon and Somerset police, had been called to the lake at Ham Common, Hamworthy, on January 20 this year after a victim retrieval police dog indicated something of interest in the shallow waters.

Officers carry waterproof cameras as routine while on dives.

Images taken from the scene showed PC Beck swimming along the silt bottom of the lake before approaching a bundle wrapped tightly with a pink Hello Kitty children's duvet decorated with white flowers.

The bundle had been found on an earlier dive, and PC Beck said he had felt what he believed to be a hand and a human head within.

He had attempted to lift the bundle to examine the silt underneath it, but it had been too heavy for him to do so, he said.

The officer also spotted what he believed to be a footprint in the silt alongside the bundle, which jurors heard on Tuesday had been weighed down with 'stone slabs and other metal items'.

In the final moments of the footage, jurors were shown the bundle being lifted out of the water by police.

The discovery marked the end of a nine-day search for mum of four who went missing from her Corfe Castle home on January 21 this year.

Prosecutors allege that Ms Henderson's partner Dominic Isom, 27, killed her in the shed outside the property before wrapping her body in a plastic sheet and a duvet and dumping it in the lake.

The jury was told the 25-year-old sustained 23 injuries to her head and body in the time before her death.

Among the wounds was a nine-and-a-half centimetre laceration to her forehead, which may have caused her to lose consciousness before she died, as well as a large bruise to her neck that caused "extensive bleeding to the sub tissues," forensic pathologist Dr Basil Purdue told jurors.

The court also heard that the wound to Ms Henderson's neck - which covered an area from the jaw to the bone of the neck - would have been caused with "considerable" force.

Questioning the doctor, Ian Lawrie QC asked if a hand, fist or knee could have caused such an injury, to which Dr Purdue replied: "Conceivably."

The impacts on Ms Henderson's body had come from different directions, the doctor said, adding that she had "few, if any" defensive-style injuries to her hands and arms.

"It is likely that Samantha was overpowered in the early stages of the attack," he told jurors.

Nigel Lickley QC, defending Isom, suggested that a "heavy fall at speed" against a door frame or corner of an outside wall next to a door frame might have caused the injury to Ms Henderson's forehead.

The doctor said it was a possibility.

He also told jurors that Ms Henderson's brain had been starved of oxygen as a result of the wound to her neck, which may have caused her heart to go into a 'trembling' state known medically as fibrillation.

The condition is difficult to right without medical intervention, he told jurors, and although it takes some minutes to starve the brain of oxygen to a dangerous level, fibrillation can occur in a shorter time frame as the result of an injury, such as significant pressure or an impact to the neck.

Jurors also heard from witness Michael Ellis, who said Isom visited his house in Turlin Moor at around 7pm on the day of Ms Henderson's disappearance to buy marijuana.

Mr Ellis told the court Isom bought £40 of the drug from him, adding that the defendant seemed his "normal self".

The witness told jurors: "Even looking back on it now I can't see any change in him."

Prosecutors say Isom stopped to buy the drug on the way to the lake to dump Ms Henderson's body.

Isom, of Halves Cottages, Corfe Castle, denies murder. The trial at Winchester Crown Court, continues.