SUPER-SUB Kieffer Moore once again struck the winner for Cherries as they said goodbye to the Championship with a 1-0 victory over Millwall.

The Wales frontman, who replaced Emiliano Marcondes during the second half at Vitality Stadium, netted his fourth goal in three games since returning to the squad after a broken foot.

Having already struck the goal for Cherries to seal second place and automatic promotion against Nottingham Forest on Tuesday, Moore blasted home an 81st-minute winner to send Cherries on their holidays in style.

With Cherries having already sealed their promotion to the top flight, Scott Parker shuffled the pack for the visit of the Lions.

Marcondes and Gavin Kilkenny were given rare starts in midfield, with Robbie Brady also included in the XI.

There was no place for loanees Ethan Laird, Todd Cantwell and Leif Davis in the matchday squad.

Millwall, who started with former Cherries striker Benik Afobe up front, went into the contest knowing only a win gave them any chance of reaching the play-offs.

In a party atmosphere at Vitality Stadium, Cherries carved out the first chance on 11 minutes. Adam Smith surged forward down the right and drifted into the box.

He set the ball to Dominic Solanke, with the striker flicking to Jaidon Anthony to prod wide under pressure.

Marcondes was finding joy in an advanced midfield role and he almost got the breakthrough with 18 minutes gone.

The Dane latched on to a ball from deep from Smith and failed to beat keeper Bartosz Bialkowski from inside the area.

A first chance for Millwall came just after the half-hour mark. After getting away from Brady down the left, George Saville’s cross was met by Lions skipper Shaun Hutchinson.

But the centre-back’s powerful header flew over the top of Mark Travers’s goal.

At the other end, Solanke came close to finding his 30th league goal of the season. After springing the offside trap, the Cherries’ top scorer cut inside and sent a low effort just past the far post.

Millwall saw a shout for a penalty turned down early in the second period. A loose touch from Nat Phillips allowed Saville to nip in and steal possession.

Going to ground in the box under the challenge of Phillips, the Millwall man’s protests were waved away by referee Andre Marriner.

Still looking to threaten, Jordan Zemura skipped down the left for Cherries and fizzed the ball in – the cross just evading a sliding Solanke.

Cherries then had the ball in the net just past the hour mark. After Zemura advanced forward again, he picked out Marcondes who applied a crisp finish into the bottom corner.

But the officials ruled the goal out through offside, with Zemura judged to have been interfering with play.

Parker then looked to the bench with just more than 20 minutes remaining, introducing Moore in place of Marcondes. Billing was then brought on in place of Lewis Cook.

And those substitutions did the trick, as Moore once again came off the bench to seal victory for the hosts.

With the Lions having to push men forward in search of a winner, Billing’s quick throw picked out the run of Wales international Moore, who raced in on goal unchallenged to smash home the winner.

Cherries: Travers, A Smith, Phillips, Zemura, Kelly, L Cook (Billing, 77), Kilkenny, Anthony, Marcondes (Moore 69), Brady (Dembélé, 61), Solanke.

Unused subs: Mepham, Christie, Hill, Woodman (g/k).

Booked: None.

Millwall: Bialkowski, Cooper, M Wallace (Kieftenbeld, h-t), Hutchinson, McNamara, Leonard (Bradshaw, 74), Saville, Mitchell, Bennett (J Wallace, 59), Afobe, Burke.

Unused subs: Pearce, Evans, Burey, Long (g/k).

Booked: Kieftenbeld, Saville.

Referee: Andre Marriner