EVERY footballer’s journey to memorable milestones during their career takes them to different locations.

But it is most unlikely anyone would have trodden the same path as Cherries youngster Nathan Moriah-Welsh - from Santo Domingo to Somerset.

The 19-year-old made his senior international debut for Guyana – a 4-0 win over Bahamas, known as the Baha Boyz - in the Dominican Republic last March.

In contrast, Saturday’s Huish Park setting – the home of the National League Glovers - provided a 3-1 triumph and his inaugural club bow for Cherries.

“Different weather, different standard, different everything,” Moriah-Welsh told the Daily Echo, when asked to describe his first appearances for club and country.

“But I think both of my debuts have been positive – two wins, so that’s a plus and I am looking forward to the future.

“I made my Guyana debut in March 2021, which was a proud, proud moment. I had two countries to choose from, from my mum and dad’s side.

“I chose my mum’s side, which my dad wasn’t too happy about.

“But it was a decision to travel the world, play football in different countries and get different experiences.

“We didn’t get through to the World Cup qualifiers but it was a great experience to be able to sing your national anthem and do all that stuff.

“To be fair the football Yeovil played on Saturday – some teams in the Caribbean do play, so it’s nothing new! The Conference is something different but it was nothing new to what I have experienced in the past.”

While the settings for his two debuts may well have been extremely different – London-born Moriah-Welsh will not forget the journey and sacrifices to get to this stage of his career.

He spent time at Chelsea, Brentford and Reading before arriving on the south coast in the summer of 2018.

“This is my fourth club, Bournemouth,” the teenager said. “This is the longest I have been at a club. This is my fourth season at Bournemouth.

“Chelsea, Brentford then Reading. It has been a tough couple of years, you know? I think the one thing that has always stuck with me is just to keep going whatever happens.

“I have been released three times but to come back from each one – now I have made my professional debut, it’s quite a good achievement.

“I have had a lot of messages from my old coaches at other clubs saying ‘congratulations’ and ‘well done for what you have done so far, hopefully your debut comes soon’.

“I think three clubs has been different levels, obviously two category one (academy) clubs and one category two.

“I came down to Bournemouth in category three, played under-18 football – it’s been quite a journey but you can always come through in the end.”

And while he has put in a lot of hard work and sacrifice to catch the eye of Cherries head coach Scott Parker since the summer, Moriah-Welsh, who played 90 minutes at right-back against Yeovil, is thankful to those at the club who helped make it happen.

He added: “Ever since I was a first-year scholar under Alan Connell (under-18s manager), the belief from him was amazing.

“Even Coops (development team manager Shaun Cooper) when I was a first-year pro, he played me in a lot of games.

“Coming into my second year pro, I just really wanted to push on. I came back from pre-season late because I was with Guyana in the Gold Cup.

“But I got thrown straight into the deep end with the gaffer. He’s been amazing with me, Wellsy (first-team assistant Matt Wells) has been amazing with me and everyone – the staff have been absolutely brilliant.”

With a memorable weekend under his belt, the talented teenager is intent on taking his next steps in the game.

“I’m not saying there are any targets but just to be in and around it as much as possible. Get in more matchday squads, getting more minutes,” Moriah-Welsh replied, when asked his ambitions for the rest of the campaign.

“Championship debut is hopefully coming soon and just to become a better a player, overall to become a more well-rounded, better player.”